stock stereo sound quality?? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2020, 03:31 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have not used it with the TV a lot, but did a bunch of times on one very poor weather 2 week plus trip. I did used a Bluetooth transceiver with the TV a couple times and had no trouble with the sound to matching to the video, at least what we noticed. I mostly hooked it up via cable, as I found that just as easy close by and inside.

With the phones and music I use Bluetooth only.
Ahhh … Latency …. that's what they call it. I get that when we get together and enjoy a bottle of Scotch. Let the other guys enjoy their beers and we'll enjoy the nectar of the gods. Hi Jim … looking forward to the time when we can.

Tom
Old 04-15-2020, 03:56 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
Tom: That is a much improved use of the term "latency!"

Carl: Bose is well-known for the quality of their noise-canceling headphones. We've effectively used a pair with our special-needs daughter when having to travel by air. In a large part, she's the reason we own an Escape trailer: a mobile Princess Palace, with all the comforts of home! When touring the trailers at rallies, she does prefer the ones that come stocked with puppies and kittens... We're still working on that piece...
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 05:16 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I purchased the Bose when I was visiting my son in Huntsville, AL. I had been using a cheap set of Walmart headphones which didn’t eliminate extraneous noises that I had to endure in the early morning hours while I would be reading and drinking my typical 3 cups of morning coffee.
He had the Bose Headphones and they were so comfortable and had such good sound quality in comparison to my cheapies that we made a trip to Best Buy and if memory serves me correctly, I spent around $280 to purchase my own. In addition to isolating my ears from “unwanted” noises, I no longer had to remove headphones to refill my coffee, thanks to Bluetooth. IMO, with good headphones you hear recorded sounds that you miss when listening with even the best speakers. Years ago I experienced music on a Snell Acoustics Reference setup. Back in the 80s, this system was somewhere in the price range of $30,000 and the sound was phenomenal. However, I would say it wasn’t 100 times more phenomenal than the Bose headphones, but I am not a hardcore audiophile. Unfortunately, Peter Snell was, I believe, killed in an auto accident and that was the end of Snell Acoustics. Snell speakers are occasionally found for sale on eBay, etc., but home stereo systems are no longer as common as they were in those days. The majority of people today find digital music on Bluetooth speakers acceptable.
Anyway, the Bose headphones were a huge improvement to early morning life in my Escape!
Old 04-15-2020, 05:36 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCAT3 View Post
Tom: That is a much improved use of the term "latency!"

Carl: Bose is well-known for the quality of their noise-canceling headphones. We've effectively used a pair with our special-needs daughter when having to travel by air. In a large part, she's the reason we own an Escape trailer: a mobile Princess Palace, with all the comforts of home! When touring the trailers at rallies, she does prefer the ones that come stocked with puppies and kittens... We're still working on that piece...
Getting together again would be so fantastic. It was great the first time we met to do so in your hometown of Juneau. Lots of fun again in Osoyoos. Hey, maybe you could do a trip to Calgary someday. [emoji16]
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:54 AM   #45

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Steve I am also interested ! Pat
#1 = Radio / stereo - #2 = speaker —switch to right of stereo radio turns off power to radio so no phantom drain on battery
Antenna hidden behind radio .
Attached Thumbnails
599B2F13-A2F0-4179-9A43-75308F21C0CD.jpg   CE69BBDF-DDB7-4F71-9AA3-2A298EDB9726.jpg  
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 07:29 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
#1 = Radio / stereo - #2 = speaker —switch to right of stereo radio turns off power to radio so no phantom drain on battery
Thankyou Steve ! Very nice install ! Looks like at night you don’t have to be bothered by lights . And you added a switch too ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 02:14 PM   #47

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Yes, my hearing isn't what it used to be but... the speakers that came with the Escape do sound bad.

I replaced them with a matched set of Pioneer speakers and can hear the difference. I would have lked the front speakers to be smaller but then the sound wouldn't be as good.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Pioneer TS-A1680F.jpg   Escape TS-X200.jpg  
Old 04-17-2020, 03:11 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Yes, my hearing isn't what it used to be but... the speakers that came with the Escape do sound bad.

I replaced them with a matched set of Pioneer speakers and can hear the difference. I would have lked the front speakers to be smaller but then the sound wouldn't be as good.
Hi Tom ! Love Pioneer speakers ! but need all the cabinet space so didn’t want to install in cabinets . I think I have exhausted any more hidden wasted space in our 19 .
Really has been a challenge to find space . Our 9 1/2 camper had more space and 35 gal fresh water to boot and oven and double sink . There is good and bad with everything . Nothing is perfect . So really not complaining ,just the facts . Better things about the trailer , bigger bath , side door , better floor space , can remove tow vehicle easy if needed etc. in fact I do have a couple of Pioneer 6/9 speakers already but will probably put in our truck behind seat some day .
But your speaker install , absolutely love ! Pat
Old 04-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #49

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post

I like the switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post

looks like you ready to party. LOl

I think i not going to get the factory as there is so many other ways to get better sound. I like the black speakers more than the white
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:34 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Thankyou Steve ! Very nice install ! Looks like at night you don’t have to be bothered by lights . And you added a switch too ! Pat
Steve wondering ? What kind of antenna for your radio did you use ? Pat
Old 04-22-2020, 12:59 PM   #51

Trailer: looking to buy used
Bluetooth speaker and a monitor. I run them from my iPad or iPhone. Portable and very minimal power use. No need for hardwire anymore. We run Netflix and Spotify. You can download for when you are off grid
mike o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 03:44 PM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike o View Post
Bluetooth speaker and a monitor. I run them from my iPad or iPhone. Portable and very minimal power use. No need for hardwire anymore. We run Netflix and Spotify. You can download for when you are off grid
does netflix support downloading now? they never did before. I know Spotify does, I keep about 100 albums downloaded on mine
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #53

Trailer: looking to buy used
I has in Canada for a few years now. I use the same set up at my cabin which is in a remote area with no cell or internet reception.
mike o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #54

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Factory Installed Radio: My measurements indicate the combination of radio (off) and propane detector draw between 0.14 and 0.20 amps. Radio draws over 0.5 amps when operating.
Sirius radio works well in the Escape. I was surprised that I did not need to place the antenna outside as the fiberglass id fairly rf transparent.
I do like the ability to switch off front or rear. I had Escape run a second set of speaker wires from the radio to the back compartment where I have wired a plug for outdoor speakers.
Overall I am quite happy with the factory package
safetybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:08 PM   #55

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21NE
It's totally adequate. Better quality than in our Rpod, for sure. I am a bit of a high fidelity freak but not while I'm camping. I am satisfied with the fidelity of the BOSS system in our 2020 Escape 21NE.
Meandering Minstrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #56
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Boss Stereo - headphone use?

I have a have a question about our stock Boss stereo system. Does it have any kind of 'aux out' for headphones or a bluetooth headset? I know it has bluetooth for 'aux in' for cell phones but I'm looking for an 'aux out' feature, if possible. The manual isn't clear to me.

We have a USB drive with music. However, sometimes when one of us is sleeping in, it sure would be nice to be able to use either blue tooth headphones or hard wired headphones with our Boss system somehow.... I tried connecting the yellow cable connectors to our TV (next to the red and white for the DVD) to see if the sound could be transferred to our TV since our TV has a headphone jack, but that didn't work. Am I missing something or is the only 'aux out' connection going/wired to our trailer speakers? -Bea
Bea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #57
Site Team

in RCA jacks, Yellow is almost always video, red and white are left and right channel audio.

me, I load my music on my phone, then I can play it on anything (phone has a headphone jack, bluetooth output capability, chromecast video streaming capability, etc)
Old 06-09-2020, 02:46 PM   #58
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
in RCA jacks, Yellow is almost always video, red and white are left and right channel audio.

me, I load my music on my phone, then I can play it on anything (phone has a headphone jack, bluetooth output capability, chromecast video streaming capability, etc)
Thanks John. You are right, as always! My bad...yellow is video and thankfully the DVD video/picture comes in just fine to our TV from our Boss system. But this isn't just for music, it would also be for the occasional DVD/TV, when the other is sleeping or busy working.

If we could somehow figure out how to switch the sound back and forth from the trailer speakers to the TV or bluetooth it would be nice to have the option to A. Use headphones sometimes B. Go from 2 remotes to 1. Now we need 2 remotes, one for sound and the other for controlling the TV/DVD. We don't watch a lot of TV or movies but if anyone has figured this out, would be fun to hear. Thanks, Bea
Bea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #59
Site Team

I don't have one, but I'd be happy to look at the manual for it, if you can relay the model number...
Old 06-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #60

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You may want to consider a tv/dvd combo to solve your problem.