Strategic Partner - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
And, I foresee a time when climate change will force legislators to pass laws banning sales of RVs and that there will be no forests, so no Forest Service sites and the rising cost of barley will effectively stop the production of beer.

I'm not certain exactly when ETI sold but deal was finalized about five months ago. Northern Lite was purchased well before that and continues to produce a five-star four-season truck camper.
Nobody calls me "Sunshine" but, I don't see the clouds that some here do.
Hey Sunshine Baglo,
There, I’ve done it. There’s a lot of doomsday scenarios polluting my camping air. Don’t let them get you down. I know a guy in Wisconsin who knows how to brew beer and I’ve got enough ground to grow all the barley and wheat we will ever need. The artesian well is still trickling below the barn and although it might make for some strange tasting beer, I bet we can get the alcohol content up high enough to still do the job. The only worry I have is that the marijuana growers will come in and buy up all the ground and ship the buds to Canada.
The popcorn guy up at Shellsburg is solid so we can keep Leslie happy too. Don’t despair, maybe the millennials will figure all this out and we will be saved. Spin up Burl Ives singing “the big rock candy mountain” and you’ll feel better.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #42

Trailer: none
The bottom line is that either the (profit) pie now has to be cut into smaller pieces so Tammy and Reace must accept a smaller share so the investors can get theirs; or, the pie must be enlarged which typically means price and/or production increases. It remains to be seen which way ETI goes.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #43

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
This doesn't come as a big shock, given the growth of the company the past few years and the incredible demands that must place on Reace and Tammy. The amount of customization they still offer has amazed me, and it seemed inevitable that at some point the amount of one-off customizations they could do efficiently would decline. This venture capital group does sound like they are truly interested in buying into and continuing to operate unique high quality companies and that seems to be the case so far with the other two small RV manufacturers they have bought. Their approach seems to be keeping the founders and original product concepts in place, since that's what made the companies successful, and adding a higher level of professional management to facilitate the transition from a small company to a larger one. If that happens with ETI it's not only great for Reace and Tammy, but also makes it more likely that ETI will be able to continue as a quality company when they eventually retire. The alternative would have been for them to keep going as is and eventually sell the whole company and walk away in order to retire, and those kind of wrenching changes often don't work out well.

If they truly want to grow significantly, I don't see how they can do that without establishing at least a regional dealer network. Of course, that would mean higher prices to support the dealers' middleman costs. If that does happen, one side effect would be to make all the existing Escapes that come on the market for resale that much more valuable and easy to sell....unless, of course, you are selling yours to buy a fifth or sixth Escape

My prediction - worth somewhat less than two cents - is that a few years from now it will be easier to buy an Escape through a US dealer, the cost will be higher, and there will be a handful of standard fabric and flooring choices rather than an infinite universe of possibilities, but still many options to select from. Our 5.0TA just entered QC and we are happier than ever about that....at least until they come out with the 5.1TA
Old 12-08-2018, 01:30 PM   #44

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Liquidity

Having been involved in several start-ups in my working days, entrepreneurs sell some portion or all of their business most often to achieve some degree of liquidity for their initial investment and investors. That is neither unusual nor surprising. Sometimes, some portion is sold both to obtain liquidity and some additional working capital to expand the business. None of us know the reasons for the sale, the terms of sale, what percentage was sold, incentives in place to keep the founders involved in the business, what is planned for the future of the company's products. or really much of anything about anything. Having also been on the other side of this coin as a buyer of a portion of a founder's business, the last thing the buyer wants is to make decisions and undertake changes in the business that cause a slow (or maybe even a fast) decline in the business. If the terms of the deal have been well structured, both the sellers and the buyer are equally incented to work to keep the company profitable, growing and prosperous. Only time will tell if this ET deal was well structured.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:45 PM   #45

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
And, I foresee a time when climate change will force legislators to pass laws banning sales of RVs and that there will be no forests, so no Forest Service sites and the rising cost of barley will effectively stop the production of beer.

I'm not certain exactly when ETI sold but deal was finalized about five months ago. Northern Lite was purchased well before that and continues to produce a five-star four-season truck camper.

Nobody calls me "Sunshine" but, I don't see the clouds that some here do.
There are several interesting articles on climate change adversely effecting the production of barley
Maybe not in our lifetime but our children may well see shortages if many common agricultural products . The predictions for our beautiful pine forests of the north are even more dire and cause me concern

It’s heavily overcast where I am at .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #46

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:

Don't look now but there hasn't been a BC Forest Service for the past three years. The rec sites have been fobbed off to another gov't agency called Recreation Sites & Trails and, at least in my area, they haven't done a very good job of keeping these sites in good condition. Another victim of "downsizing" or better put, an unwillingness to spend money.

Doug
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #47

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 sold, 21NE on order
https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...-Trailers.html

Looks like KV owns several trailer companies.
bouterse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:16 PM   #48

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Trust

There are folks on this forum who purchased their Escape sight unseen, because they trusted Reace and Tammy. Others purchased after seeing a napkin sketch (you know who you are

If we have ever trusted Reace and Tammy to do the right thing, now is the time. I trust they have done their homework, structured agreements, and properly planned for the future. Their customers are their highest priority and that will not change.

Congratulations to Reace and Tammy for building a successful business, desired by outside investment!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
There are folks on this forum who purchased their Escape sight unseen, because they trusted Reace and Tammy.
I am one. The 19 was only a concept when I signed on for one. Trusted the reviews of proud owners of a 17 or 5.0 and did talk to one owner. Talk about responding to owners, Reace was even taking input and used my idea for the final layout.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:18 PM   #50

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
It is interesting to see this progression with Escape. I always thought that they should offer stock to the company with purchase of their trailer. That is the way I acquired my Harley Davidson stock. That way they could raise capital and the stockholders would benefit from its growth. But rather than internally raising capital , they gave up some control to an outside investor, basically a REIT as we call it, Real Estate Investment Trust that has money available to obtain a return.. The ad is from a headhunters organization which means a tidy premium and also indicate that the REIT does not have an internal knowledge of rv's other than via investment. The president would work with Tammy the sales and Reace the production managers to insure that budgets and sales goals are on track. Having myself worked with Fortune 500 companies and their books and records anyone with a MBA could qualify, but having that extra Reace knowledge would require someone who is familiar with rving and camping and how to build a better camper, something a head hunter company will not find via normal channels. I would hope that some personnel from the REIT attends the rally and tastes the kool aid we all have done. Perhaps a committee of owners could be an advisory panel to help in the future as well as insure that an owner would benefit from some proposed changes. Something I hope to see in the future, either here on the forum or elsewhere.

In my musings today in thinking “what would I do if I were president of ETI” I came up with this same idea of a customer advisory panel. I hope they seriously consider it as they move forward.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #51

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Doesn't surprise me and more power to Reace & Tammy.

I'm seriously pleased that I bought my bathroomless 19 while that was possible (not to say that it isn't presently, I wouldn't know).
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #52

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
In my musings today in thinking “what would I do if I were president of ETI” I came up with this same idea of a customer advisory panel. I hope they seriously consider it as they move forward.

Like this forum?
Old 12-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #53

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
They would have to join first....
Old 12-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #54
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
They would have to join first....
Maybe they have and we just don't know it... This forum could be part of the research done before an offer was placed.... maybe.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:42 PM   #55

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 (One Life...Live It)
Congratulations to Reace & Tammy, this venture can go many ways but I only wish them the best. It has been such a pleasure to have purchased our trailer from Escape,the support we received during and after the purchase has been fantastic.

I was with a company private company that went into a joint venture, at first nothing changed then the layoffs started. More production with less employees, managers and product development were the first to go then some of the floor staff. Then total restructuring and then investment company then purchased more company stocks at a lower value taking control of the company. Took them 5 years to do this and unfortunately our customers suffered as well. But I digress.

I look forward to doing business with Escape in the future maybe on the purchase of a 5.1
Fun&Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:42 PM   #56

Trailer: Escape 1721
The open Presidents job responsibilities include overseeing the financials, sales, and manufacturing. Reace and Tammy used to do all of these, so it will be interesting to learn more about their new roles. It appears KV will be driving the products and culture. Owning two other fiberglass RV manufactures and now ETI, their margins should increase due to bulk pricing. Hopefully they are only seeking efficiencies .
rotateclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:52 PM   #57

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
A lighter Escape version of the Bigfoot 25 rear twin would not be too bad.
Oh boy! That would be grand! A 23 - 25 ft that’s 1/2 ton towable. In bumper pull and/ or 5th wheel configuration. We love our 21 but now that we are staying in one place for 4 months for the winters find it just a tad small. A 23 or 25 ft would be much better for us. Thought about a Bigfoot 25 but that would mean a bigger tow vehicle. Being on a fixed income, just can’t swing both. Here’s to hoping. we’ll see what the next couple years bring for Escape. I wish them success.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:54 AM   #58

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
We are loving our Escape 21 and are blessed to have it. We had only seen one older 19 her in Texas, but we ordered an Escape in large part because of all of you on this forum and your comments about the excellent customer service and personal attention given by ETI, and specifically by Reace and Tammy. We experienced that through the ordering, build, and resolution of a few minor problems with the trailer after we got home. Reace has called and emailed with me to make certain things were done right. It has been impressive, and the desire to live by the golden rule- to treat other people as you would wish to be treated- has obviously been Reace's ethic.
I have known that business at ETI would have to change through time. I always thought what would happen if, Lord forbid, something happened to Reace or Tammy? And with growth comes change. I am confident nothing will change in the character and ethics of Reace and Tammy, and I and happy for them and hope this all works out wonderfully. If the ethics of ETI can stay the same with the new strategic partner, that will be great for everyone.
I look forward to hearing more about this from the good folks at ETI in the future. They have certainly built a strong base of happy trailer owners so far by the way they have operated, and I know we all wish them continued success.
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:59 AM   #59

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
I meant to type "here" in Texas, although when we talk some of us say it like "her in Texas"! :-)
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:21 AM   #60

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I believe you can edit your own post within an hour or some other specified time period yourself to correct mistakes.