Strategic Partner - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2018, 07:56 PM   #101

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Just in case anyone is curious...
KV Private Equity's acquisitions:
  1. 2017 May 04: KV Private Equity acquires Northern Lite Manufacturing
  2. 2017 Oct 03: KV Private Equity Announces Acquisition of Off Grid Trailers
  3. 2018 Aug 01: ETI changes name to 0823531 B.C. LTD. (haven't found a press release)
  4. 2018 Oct 30: Acquisition of Campion Marine

Somebody at KV must like fiberglass, eh?
Old 12-10-2018, 08:56 PM   #102

Trailer: ?
A recent ad. for a controller.

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Escap...c9207b4bd3a2e7

Here is the interesting part of the ad.

ATTRACTIONS
Escape operates out of a recently expanded 40,000+ square foot facility in Chilliwack, British Columbia that is home to its manufacturing, distribution and corporate head offices. Escape has an ambitious expansion strategy focused on growth through increasing production, the addition of new product lines and expanded distribution/sales across North America.”
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #103
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
The "new product lines" part is intriguing. But I shirk from the corporate speak, having watched two wonderful companies I've been a part of take a turn for the worse by getting big. That is not to say that growth always turns out bad.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:49 PM   #104

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Somebody at KV must like fiberglass, eh?
The fiberglass is a clear connection, but I suspect that it's an accidental result of looking for potential companies in the recreational area - moulded fiberglass products are a good fit for the size of company that they target.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:56 PM   #105

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
A recent ad. for a controller.

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Escap...c9207b4bd3a2e7

Here is the interesting part of the ad.

ATTRACTIONS
Escape operates out of a recently expanded 40,000+ square foot facility in Chilliwack, British Columbia that is home to its manufacturing, distribution and corporate head offices. Escape has an ambitious expansion strategy focused on growth through increasing production, the addition of new product lines and expanded distribution/sales across North America.”
That's consistent with some of KV's investment criteria (from their website):
Quote:
  • Proven offering, with significant growth potential
  • Well defined strategy for future growth
For those concerned that Reace and Tammy will step away from the business, I note that another investment criterion is:
Quote:
Ongoing participation of senior personnel and management
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #106

I know it's way too early to make any predictions but I find this development a bit concerning. For me, it bears watching and I am officially on the fence regarding a future purchase.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:26 AM   #107

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Brian, thanks for that. It's heartening!
Old 12-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #108

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
I know it's way too early to make any predictions but I find this development a bit concerning. For me, it bears watching and I am officially on the fence regarding a future purchase.
Why vacillate, once you take ownership there is really little that can go wrong. I'm not worried about what happens after I obtain my trailer....I just need to get it and move on.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #109

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Why vacillate, once you take ownership there is really little that can go wrong. I'm not worried about what happens after I obtain my trailer....I just need to get it and move on.
Pretty much what I was thinking.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #110
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
The official change went into effect Aug. 1. The sky isn't falling, nothing has fallen off a cliff. Other than pricing changes due to tariffs, vendor product increases, has anyone notice any 'bad'? To the plus side, for USA buyers, the exchange rate is better now than it was on July 30!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #111

Trailer: 2017 19'
I see this as a generic good news, seeing how similar they are to the other companies this investment firm got - noting they are probably not investing in random things blindly..

I happened to look at Off Grid Trailers before we decided to go with ETI, just like ETI, looks like a good company to work with.
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:26 AM   #112

Quote:

Understood, but I have several concerns that I previously did not have. I noticed that for one of the companies KV recently invested in, the owners retired not long after. If Tammy and Reace decide to retire (and I wish them well if they do), what will ETI look like in a few years? Will the customer service still be as good as it is today? Will ETI still sell factory-direct? Selling factory-direct is a big plus in my mind. Will increased production become the focus with a resultant decrease in quaility?

All I'm saying is that, for me at least, the company bears watching. I am not ready to buy now so have the luxury of time on my side. YMMV!
Old 12-11-2018, 11:35 AM   #113

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
I am not ready to buy now so have the luxury of time on my side. YMMV!

Unless, of course, another what if, you are diagnosed with cancer and given a month to live.
Life is a what if.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #114

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:

If Tammy and Reace decide to retire (and I wish them well if they do), what will ETI look like in a few years?
Heck, what will my trailering experiences be in a few years? I look at what the current situation is on products, make a decision and go with it. In this case, once you have the trailer in hand why would I ever be concerned who owns the company down the road?

Or, if a person sits on the fence for years and the price goes way up, well, lot's of folks wish they'd bought Apple stock when it was pennies. You snooze, you loose.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Unless, of course, another what if, you are diagnosed with cancer and given a month to live.
Life is a what if.
True, but if diagnosed with a month to live, I won't be doing any RVing anyway but making final preparations with my family instead.

[QUOTE=Ron in BC;272471]
Quote:
Heck, what will my trailering experiences be in a few years? I look at what the current situation is on products, make a decision and go with it. In this case, once you have the trailer in hand why would I ever be concerned who owns the company down the road?

Or, if a person sits on the fence for years and the price goes way up, well, lot's of folks wish they'd bought Apple stock when it was pennies. You snooze, you loose.
Ron
Yes, Ron, but I don't plan on waiting for years, just until financially ready to make a purchase, hopefully within a couple of years. I am also looking at other RV's so will make my decision based on what's out there at that time. I intend to keep Escape on my short list until then.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #116

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Way too many doom and gloom scenarios here. I don't see an increased number of people upset with their trailers' outcomes in the last few months. People are still getting good service. It looks to me like business as usual, all the service people are helping customers out with their issues. There's still a lot of handholding from all the good people at ETI on build sheet decisions. Its interesting, its part of the company's development, there's no reason at this point to suggest that its anything else.

I say we let them get on with it and continue to support the good work they have done so far. And wish them the compliments of the season!
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #117
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Others may disagree with me, but I found I actually relaxed when the two-year warranty ran out on my trailer. I always knew all the appliance warranties were through those manufacturers, but once the warranty ran out on the trailer it all fell to me. No more 'need' to go back to the factory (I live six hours from ETI), it was now on me to either fix things myself or perhaps find a local trusted repair place/person. In more than four years of ownership, I've gone back to the factory once, last August, and that was to add the solar. I have no 'fear' for what I bought and what will be in the future. Peace.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #118

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I live six hours from ETI),

I have no 'fear' for what I bought and what will be in the future. Peace.

Times have changed. Many years ago I did that run from a sports car banquet in Portland to Vancouver in 4 hours flat in the middle of the night. Wouldn't try that now.

The other factor is that, even now, there is more of a pool of used Escapes for sale than there was even a couple of years ago. Even if ETI went out of business or changed dramatically in a couple of years there would be a pool of trailers available. And buying a brand of f.g. trailer that's not even in production doesn't seem to affect the value of the trailer if you look at what used Surfsides and Trilliums etc. still sell for.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #119

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Regarding customization: if they continue to make a profit off it, I suspect it'll be continued. If there isn't a profit, probably not.

And hey, maybe if they don't offer custom fabric any longer, they'll change their fabric options!

and if not, I know a great upholstery place south of here.

A few have said they looked into the other brands before purchasing an Escape. A good way to know if this will work for ETI is to see what's happened with those companies. Is there a forum for them? What's the customer satisfaction level from before and after the sale?

Last weekend we stopped in at a dealer south of here as I wanted Dirk to see the front bedroom 25' Bigfoot I had admired at the Bandon (OR) rally earlier this year. Unfortunately it was at their Everett location and not the Tacoma one (we're gonna look at it on Saturday), but we did view the two they had. As well as the Northern Lite trailers. The salesman didn't know diddly squat about the Bigfoots. I got more information from a fellow that worked there but wasn't a salesman. Can we say service department? I suspect the same would be true of any dealership for the Escapes. The folks that work on the trailers know more than those trying to sell you one.

Anyway, will be interesting to see what happens with ETI. Maybe they'll have a service center installed so we don't have to lube the axles ourselves!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #120

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Right on Jim!

We have owned two Escapes both bought used. Last year we had our 2007 into Escape for a few minor repairs which I could have done elsewhere but since we were going to the coast anyway I wanted to see those floor models as we were then considering buying a new 5.0TA.

However fortune led us to a hardly used 5.0TA last spring, one of the last of the classic design which we prefer. It's a 2016 and like any Escape it will hold its value especially if, as unlikely as I believe it will, Escape's quality goes down. If so I'm sure any classic Escapes will be sought after.

As others have said enough speculation and enough doom and gloom.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote