Strategic Partner - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #161

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Thanks Reace. This is great logic. When you explain things in that way it’s easily understood. While I am not a “super customizer” I appreciated the many standard options and the few off list options we built into our 19. As we now build our 5.0 for next summer the same approach is wonderful.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #162

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
I guess replacing the axles on a 5.0TA with a rolling Sprinter chassis is a no go then [emoji6].
Old 12-12-2018, 02:19 PM   #163

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
In May of 2014 when I was researching Fiberglass trailers I was scheduled to attend a business meeting in Vancouver beginning on a Monday evening. I took an early flight, rented a car and drove to Escape unannounced. Low and behold it was Victoria Day and ETI was closed! As I stood clinging to the locked gate viewing the model trailers from afar, the door opened and Tammy appeared and asked if she could help me. I pleaded my case and she graciously let me in and spent the better part of two hours with me on a holiday! Now that’s customer service!! We bought a 19 in 2015 and Tammy’s time with me in 2014 was a big reason why we chose Escape. In the future I hope Tammy and Reace can take time off on the holidays but I hope that spirit of customer service lives on.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #164

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Be interesting to revisit this in 5-10 years.
Hi: padlin... With an escape... that's entirely possible. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:07 PM   #165

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Thank-You

Thank-You, Reace and Tammy, for handling this process with such honesty and integrity!
The ‘Transition’ is never complete, but always a work in progress. Our Escape Family is in good hands

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #166

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: padlin... With an escape... that's entirely possible. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
If only my truck would last as long.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #167

Trailer: 2018 19'
Want to chime in & applaud Reace for responding so eloquently to this thread. I love my escape & appreciate the customer service of this company. Always exceeding expectations.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:29 PM   #168

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I drove by ETI today. For all those concerned that the sky has fallen it still looked the same to me.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #169

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I heard with the rain you had the last few days that it almost went under.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:09 PM   #170

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I drove by ETI today. For all those concerned that the sky has fallen it still looked the same to me.

Ron
We will be there Monday to see for ourselves!!
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:20 PM   #171

Trailer: 2016/ 5TA Spirit Bear
Nothing stays the same especially in a business which is as successful as this one. May as well embrace the changes to come. Still I fondly remember my plant tour of a few years ago when it was still a small operation.
Mark James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:03 AM   #172

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
In the process of deciding to buy a fiberglass trailer, I comparison shopped and, early in the process, was leaning towards a Casita 17, so I spent a fair amount of time on the Casita forum and dealing with the very nice people in Rice, Texas who build that trailer.

Interestingly, this past October, Casita underwent its own management transition, with the founders turning the operation over to their sons. Now, that's a transition that poses a completely different set of risks from the risks associated with this one. One the whole, I think I'd rather be here. The playbook for family successions can get a whole lot more emotional and darker in a hurry than the situation here.

Of course, the people on the Casita forum didn't spend 17 pages debating their owners' family succession. But that's a different crowd. In my experience, Texans like to brag about their freedom and independence (and for sure own the guns), but when the chips are down they are pretty docile and compliant, doffing their caps in the presence of the rancher or the owner. The Canadians, OTOH, tend to have pretty good manners in general (and nice accents), but when the chips are down, can be pretty independent, adventurous and outspoken. As in, make that 18 pages of opinionated . . .
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:15 AM   #173

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
We will be there Monday to see for ourselves!!

Unless I missed it, one thing Reace didn't address in his two posts (thanks again, Reace!) were the comments made regarding a possible dealer network in the future. Perhaps you could ask about that during your visit?
Old 12-13-2018, 08:20 AM   #174

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
In the process of deciding to buy a fiberglass trailer, I comparison shopped and, early in the process, was leaning towards a Casita 17, so I spent a fair amount of time on the Casita forum and dealing with the very nice people in Rice, Texas who build that trailer.

Interestingly, this past October, Casita underwent its own management transition, with the founders turning the operation over to their sons. Now, that's a transition that poses a completely different set of risks from the risks associated with this one. One the whole, I think I'd rather be here. The playbook for family successions can get a whole lot more emotional and darker in a hurry than the situation here.

Of course, the people on the Casita forum didn't spend 17 pages debating their owners' family succession. But that's a different crowd. In my experience, Texans like to brag about their freedom and independence (and for sure own the guns), but when the chips are down they are pretty docile and compliant, doffing their caps in the presence of the rancher or the owner. The Canadians, OTOH, tend to have pretty good manners in general (and nice accents), but when the chips are down, can be pretty independent, adventurous and outspoken. As in, make that 18 pages of opinionated . . .
Maybe Casita owners and members of the Casita Forum have an easier time putting things in perspective . This is kind of like sitting around discussing the weather , it is what it is and you can’t do anything to change it .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #175

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
...The Canadians, OTOH, tend to have pretty good manners in general (and nice accents), but when the chips are down, can be pretty independent, adventurous and outspoken. As in, make that 18 pages of opinionated . . .
Don't sell yourselves short. Our American cousins on this forum have contributed greatly to those 18 pages of wisdom!

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #176

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Unless I missed it, one thing Reace didn't address in his two posts (thanks again, Reace!) were the comments made regarding a possible dealer network in the future. Perhaps you could ask about that during your visit?
If I remember. Will take the opportunity to ask him how its going, but will be mostly focused on picking up our new 21 and smaller questions may get lost in the flurry of activity and excitement.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Thank you for your question. Our model for direct sales is one that KV is very pleased with and they wish to explore further. The customer relationships ETI has with their employees and customers is one that KV is exploring and looking at mirroring in some of their other companies.

Tammy
Escape Office is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #178

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Wait, if Tammy is the Escape Queen, does that make Reace, wait for it....the Escape King?
Old 12-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #179

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Wait, if Tammy is the Escape Queen, does that make Reace, wait for it....the Escape King?
Maybe Reace is the Escape Prince, as in Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, i.e. she's the boss
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:52 AM   #180

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
That people from all over the continent are willing to wait months to drive to BC to pick up an undiscounted trailer says a lot about the product and company.

Best wishes