Table legs on 17B - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2017, 08:10 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B due August
Table legs on 17B

We have ordered our 17B and have seen different leg configurations on the large (not small dinette) table which goes down into a bed. Does anyone know if the new 2017 has the 2 supports or the one flip up support? If it is the one flip up can that table be taken off the wall and removed from the trailer if you wanted to? Thanks
blakebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakebt View Post
We have ordered our 17B and have seen different leg configurations on the large (not small dinette) table which goes down into a bed. Does anyone know if the new 2017 has the 2 supports or the one flip up support? If it is the one flip up can that table be taken off the wall and removed from the trailer if you wanted to? Thanks
I see in your profile you have a Scamp. The flip up table is the same as what you have. Two tabs and a bale. It can be permanently removed, but not transferred from inside to outside like a table might be if mounted on a rail (aka some Bolers).
Attached Thumbnails
FlipUpTable.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:34 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Does anyone know if the new 2017 has the 2 supports or the one flip up support?
You can specify which of the two table systems you want for your dinette. There are pros and cons to each system depending on your use. I believe the flip-up version is the default installation but you can specify to have the two-leg version installed.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:17 AM   #4

Which do you think is best? Is the one leg stable? Are the two post legs a pain for storage and also trying to put things under the bed with the supports installed on the floor. We have ordered an extra filler board and cushion to put along the back wall to make it like a u shaped dinette when we feel like we need it. So I'm thinking it would be better to not have those supports on the floor. We didn't order the u shape because of the smaller table. This way we can have the larger table, bed, and u shape when we want. Like Donna said we had the same one leg in our scamp but we never put it into a table so not even sure how it works.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:23 AM   #5

Which one is better depends on usage. I chose the two-leg installation for two reasons:

1. I seldom, if ever, will make the dinette into a bed.
2. Cleaner look.

Some report issues with stability of the two-leg set-up but I have no problem with it.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 04-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Our new 17B has the two leg version. To be honest we weren't aware there was a choice and nothing in the build sheet documentation, or any of the discussions we had with Sarah or Tammy at ETI suggested that any other choice was available.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:13 AM   #7

Thats interesting so maybe I have to specify which one I want. I'll have to look into that. Does anyone out there have the single leg that can respond as to how that option is?
Old 04-15-2017, 10:17 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17B - Sept 2017
Before I made "the right choice" I was looking at the Airstream sport. One feature I really liked was the ease with which the dinette table swung down into position for making a bed. Is this the same thing as this tabs and bale option? I have a 17B on order and thought the 2 pedestal arrangement was the only option.
parfsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:17 AM   #9

I don't know if ETI has changed the table options but in 2013 I noticed the two different configurations and asked them.

If one is going to be converting the table to a bed on a regular basis, the drop-down table would be the better choice. The table is very heavy and cumbersome to be manhandling (or womanhandling as the case may be).

Of course, there is always the much more expensive option of providing one's own table system as some on this forum have done.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 04-15-2017, 02:56 PM   #10

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
We have the single leg option attached to the wall and love it...Very easy to put up and down (and we do make up/take down the table every day. There does need to be some extra support on the wall to have this work...So they have to know when it is first in production.

I did notice last week in the showroom the 17 had the 2 posts.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
We have the single leg version in our 2015-17A (the type shown in Donna's posting - post #2). We find it to be very stable. The two clips at the wall provide much of the stability. We frequently camp with friends, and our current practice is to have coffee at the table at first-light A.M. (when it's 24° outside, it just makes sense!), so the table gets used a lot with 4 people, and there is never a wiggle. Even with two bad backs and one set of leg braces, we have no problem with the single table leg.

Edit: the clips at the wall are fastened to a plywood panel that is glassed in to the body during the first week of fabrication. See build photo:
Attached Thumbnails
8-20-15-003.jpg  
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:00 PM   #12

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
A few months ago ETI moved from the single table leg that was attached to the wall and hinged to a 2 pedestal solution. They added a side to side slider with a locking mechanism to make it easier to get in and out, eliminated the filler strip, and made the table longer. The table is now almost, but not quite the 52" width of the bed. I find it difficult or impossible to get in or out now without sliding the table side to side.

Both systems have their pluses and minuses. I prefer the old system myself, but the negative is that you get a shorter table and can’t remove it. The new wider 52” bed in the 2017 might have cascaded into this table change since they need to bridge a longer distance if a larger table was to be accommodated.

Another possibility is to request a shorter table with a filler strip and 2 pedestals. That would probably be my favorite of the options that ETI will do themselves.

You can also request a customer provided table solution (they still make the table top), which is what I did.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:49 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Brenda, another option would be to have Escape install a Springfield 3 stage pneumatic pedestal instead. The table would not attach to anything except the pedestal, and it's centered under the table. Still plenty of legroom, very stable, and easy up and down. If you have them make the table slightly less long, you can even rotate the table a bit with such a mount. We have a U-shaped dinette, so our table is substantially smaller, but the Springfield does work very well with the stock layout.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:25 AM   #14

I guess my ideal solution would be to have the one leg table if it can be detached from the wall and removed from the trailer. I would than be able to set up my filler board and extra cushion along the back wall and make a u shaped type area. I would also have the larger table for when I wanted it set up that way. Best of all worlds. Now if I can't get the one leg table and have to settle for the 2 it sounds as if the table is so big it is hard to get in and out of. What would be a better size if I can have it cut down and have a filler board. I am so confused now. Thought I had it all figured out until this table problem came up. Maybe I would be better off just getting the u shaped rear dinette and smaller table. Anyone have this is in the 17B?
Old 04-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #15

Pleased to find out from Escape that this option is still available at no additional charge.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #16

Did someone at escape confirm this for you? Can it be added to the build sheet?
Old 04-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #17

Yes... email received from Tina today.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Have you sat/seen/tried out both stock models? The sliding table on the stock dual pedestals is really nice in granting access to the dinette seats, whereas the single leg stock table does not move.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #19

Does the Springfield 3 stage table mount move side to side and rotate? Where would I purchase this mount? I wonder if I could mail it to ETI and have them install if for me. I think we are having our trailer delivered to us.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:14 AM   #20

Anyone with the one leg option going to the upcoming appreciation rally?