Thanks to C&G in FL& Generator on 5.0TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2015, 06:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 2003 Lance 845
Thanks to C&G in FL& Generator on 5.0TA

Thanks, to c@g in Florida for letting my wife, son, and I spend some time looking at their brand new 5.0TA. They were very gracious with their time and advice. It was bigger inside than I thought and my wife loved it. The 5 of us adults talked inside for a while and I never felt claustrophobic at all. The quality of the build was great and the amount of options are quite overwhelming. Coming from a truck camper the amount of storage is very nice( i'll need more stuff) and the unit felt very sturdy, not the least bit shaky at all.
Anyone thought of putting a generator on a 5.0TA. I'm not sure if there is room in the front storage or not? I'd love to be able to pull into a rest area and get a little rest on long trips or even, ok i can't believe I'm saying this but, become a walmarter. Being from Florida I don't sleep without the AC running, not a deal breaker, but it would be nice.
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome turtle.

The 5.0TA is definitely a nice trailer, eh! And Carl is would be a great trailer host.

If a gen set was needed, I think it would have to go in the tow vehicle. I don't think that front storage box is large enough to hold a 2kW unit, but not owning one not certain. I have just looked at a bunch, but I remember Alf showing me his, and he has to carve a bit of the frame to fit the Dickinson Spitfire BBQ in.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Get the solar and dual batteries and a 12v ice chest cooler, It will allow you to sleep. Also some rest areas and turnpikes offer hookups for something like $20/night. I believe Ohio is one, http://www.thatsnotcamping.com/rv-ca...v-parking.html.
Amazon.com - Iceandplug 12 Volt Portable Air Conditioner - Marine Ice Chest
Old 07-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B Sold 2016. 2016 Escape 19 Sold 2019. 2019 Escape 21 picked up Sep 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Get the solar and dual batteries and a 12v ice chest cooler, It will allow you to sleep. Also some rest areas and turnpikes offer hookups for something like $20/night. I believe Ohio is one, Ohio Turnpike RV Parking | Thats Not, LLC.
Amazon.com - Iceandplug 12 Volt Portable Air Conditioner - Marine Ice Chest

What!? There is such a thing? I learn SOOOoooo much on this forum!!
sallemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Get the solar and dual batteries and a 12v ice chest cooler, It will allow you to sleep.
Perhaps in some locations, but not in a trailer in Florida in the middle of the summer when nighttime temperatures dip down to a low of 88 degrees F and humidity is in the mid 80s. Ice isn't going to provide a comfortable night's sleep. A/C is a must!
Old 07-23-2015, 06:37 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
These coolers work great for around 4 -6 hours before the ice has melted, certainly long enough to get some rest at the local WallyWorld or rest stop. But, yes I agree, any stop more than that in the sweateast would need electric.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:50 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: turtle... Glad you could get together with C&G in FL to view a 5.0TA. The MaxxFan's are strong enough to pull the cold air out of the fridge. If you took a pad you could camp down on the floor under it!!! Just thinkin'... Alf ps I don't like genset's.
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote