The Dream Did Come True - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-13-2015, 10:36 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 7,745
Hi: All...JB5.0TA ...Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________

__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:18 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,368
LOL
Now we just have to submit these ideas to Escape for approval.
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 17,130
Open bar.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:39 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Ron in BC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 7,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
LOL
Now we just have to submit these ideas to Escape for approval.
Oh yah, I think we should have the forum members do the build sheet. After all, you're not a shy guy and you've made your views known so we shouldn't have any trouble doing your build sheet.

Let's see, since you'd rather sit around the campfire and never lounge inside the first thing we can do is eliminate the whole dinette area.

Then, because you never cook inside we can just scrap the whole kitchen set-up.

I guess we have to keep the bathroom, even if you'd pee behind a tree, Lisa might still want it.

Wow, this is going to be the roomiest Escape ever with tons of room.

But wait, I guess because of your craving for high level coffee we'll have to claw back some of the kitchen space for an coffee bar with a big fancy machine.

And I'll guess we'll also have to claw back some of the former lounge space for a walk-in beer cooler. Oh wait, knowing that you like Scotch means we'd have to put in a good size liquor storage cabinet also.

Boy oh boy, this is going to be one unique trailer.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:06 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Posts: 7,124
Hi Jim
Not that you asked but Deb and I were talking yesterday and our only issue with the escape is lack of a/c and heat circulation to/from the loft. Could be the thermostat placement but the cabin gets much hotter or cooler then the loft. Think about going with.opening loft Windows. I may look to rig in a small fan to circulate which I've heard of truck camper folks do for the same issue.

Deb now sees no benefit to the 3 burner stove top, should have gone with the 2. Actually 2 better spaced burners would be ideal, they jam them too close together for our cookware.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Oh yah, I think we should have the forum members do the build sheet. After all, you're not a shy guy and you've made your views known so we shouldn't have any trouble doing your build sheet.

Let's see, since you'd rather sit around the campfire and never lounge inside the first thing we can do is eliminate the whole dinette area.

Then, because you never cook inside we can just scrap the whole kitchen set-up.

I guess we have to keep the bathroom, even if you'd pee behind a tree, Lisa might still want it.

Wow, this is going to be the roomiest Escape ever with tons of room.

But wait, I guess because of your craving for high level coffee we'll have to claw back some of the kitchen space for an coffee bar with a big fancy machine.

And I'll guess we'll also have to claw back some of the former lounge space for a walk-in beer cooler. Oh wait, knowing that you like Scotch means we'd have to put in a good size liquor storage cabinet also.

Boy oh boy, this is going to be one unique trailer.

Ron
I laughed big time reading this, and when I read it to Lisa she busted a gut too. Not too bad of an assessment at all, given the style of camping we have mostly applied in the past. I guess that is what being honest, and speaking ones mind gets you. Too funny.

Though, on a serious note, I know our style will change a bit when we travel a lot with just the two of us. Most of the time in the last 30 years since we bought our tent trailer, it has mostly been with others, and often groups of 4-8 RV's.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #67
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 10,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Though, on a serious note, I know our style will change a bit when we travel a lot with just the two of us. Most of the time in the last 30 years since we bought our tent trailer, it has mostly been with others, and often groups of 4-8 RV's.
It's one of the hardest concepts for folks to grasp when they're looking to buy a trailer. The "We always..." sometimes gets in the way of what you may need in the future. Since no one has a crystal ball, outfit your new 5er with the way you hope to travel and camp. Which as you mentioned, may not be the way you've done in the past.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:57 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Hi Jim
Not that you asked but Deb and I were talking yesterday and our only issue with the escape is lack of a/c and heat circulation to/from the loft. Could be the thermostat placement but the cabin gets much hotter or cooler then the loft. Think about going with.opening loft Windows. I may look to rig in a small fan to circulate which I've heard of truck camper folks do for the same issue.

Deb now sees no benefit to the 3 burner stove top, should have gone with the 2. Actually 2 better spaced burners would be ideal, they jam them too close together for our cookware.
Firstly, I am more than willing to hear what anyone has to say. Obviously I will not be able to include every option, or employ every suggestion, but the brainstorming aspect of hearing and gathering what folks have to say, is something I like to do. I urge customers to do the same before started a renovation for them, so they can make certain they have at least considered most everything possible.

Regarding the air flow to the loft, I can see that being a bit of a concern in some situations, for sure. Not always will one want to have windows opened or even cracked. I can foresee using some kind of small, quiet fan for circulation. Thanks for the thought, it is on the list to consider.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #69
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 10,416
I've been out camping for nearly a week. High humidity and temperatures into the 90s. At night I leave the bathroom door open and the window open. I turn the Maxxfan on exhaust and the large egress vent in the loft fully open. The fan lets the vent suck in the air into the loft. I can almost feel a breeze!

I'm perfectly happy not having opening windows in the loft. After suffering major condensation on the single pane windows in my Scamp, I would have done just about anything to not go through that ever again. I figure some of the worst condensation could happen in the loft. Not for me! YMMV
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It's one of the hardest concepts for folks to grasp when they're looking to buy a trailer. The "We always..." sometimes gets in the way of what you may need in the future. Since no one has a crystal ball, outfit your new 5er with the way you hope to travel and camp. Which as you mentioned, may not be the way you've done in the past.
For sure, Donna. Case in point, the dinette. Given our style now, Ron is absolutely right that the dinette would hardly be needed, but into the future, when we travel to places where just the two of us may not be inclined to sit out around a campfire (if you can even have one), an area to hang out inside would see more use. Right now, we LOVE having the table as big as it is, as it holds lots of our daily items, especially the ones being marshalled in and out. One thing that will changes this past practice, is that the table will no longer be easily accessible from the door area. Soooo..... the U-shaped dinette is now an option we are very strongly considering.

If I was buying another 19, I really doubt I would change it though.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I figure some of the worst condensation could happen in the loft.
This makes good sense, as our breath is the primary source of condensation in a trailer, and when you are in the small area loft, and night temps drop, the condensation issue would definitely increase. I am liking the idea of a circulating fan for up there, more and more.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:15 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
Chapitre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
Posts: 442
we have the opening windows in the loft & love them, with the maxfan taking air out, and the windows cracked open & sometimes the roof hatch in the loft we have had absolutely no condensation at all, and lots of air movement ....we did use a fan in Florida for about a week at night when temps were way up there - never needed to use the air conditioner....only in the day.
__________________
Min D
Chapi II
--------------------
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,368
We are often camping at, or just below, freezing. At these temps condensation becomes a big issue for us, and even with the furnace running some (we set the temp at 9°C) we begin to get condensation, but the air in the 19 circulates around the bed fairly well. We do keep a vent cracked, but do not open the windows too much, as we don't want to lose too much heat, and have the furnace run even more.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:42 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Barneveld, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B
Posts: 352
Jim, what news!!! Congratulations; the 5.0 TA is a great choice. I also love the F150 you picked out!! Are you installing a telescope in the Escape...

My partner Jarrod got quite impressed with the classic 5er and with the 21' at the Mississippi rally last weekend. Our entire family (2 adults, 3 kids) were sleeping in Cafe Egg; we had the trailer with highest population at the rally...
__________________
no tow vehicle
"Cafe Egg" (2010 17B Escape)
gharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:45 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,368
LOL... Nope, that is a custom mod for the Hokie Escape only.

And way to make full use of your trailer.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:57 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
gabeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Posts: 1,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharms View Post
Jim, what news!!! Congratulations; the 5.0 TA is a great choice. I also love the F150 you picked out!! Are you installing a telescope in the Escape...

My partner Jarrod got quite impressed with the classic 5er and with the 21' at the Mississippi rally last weekend. Our entire family (2 adults, 3 kids) were sleeping in Cafe Egg; we had the trailer with highest population at the rally...
Sounds like you could have made good use of that nice 21 which just sold in hours !
__________________

__________________
All things in life are easier to swallow with a good cup of tea .....
gabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×