The “E” 23? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2020, 11:10 PM   #41

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effie View Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear, only the fresh tank was mentioned because I liked the 55 gal. in the NL trailer, If a larger fresh tank is used I expect the design will include a a properly sized gray and black tanks.

That makes sense, and it means that Glenn's comment about weight and mine about the need for (and implications of) corresponding larger waste tanks apply.

The Northern Lite Boreal 23FB is substantially larger (longer, and likely wider) than even the planned Escape 23', so I wouldn't count on getting comparably sized tanks.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:26 AM   #42

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
wow

Kinda cool but I prefer a a trailer w no black on the outside..we live and camp mostly in the sunny south...Guess I wd hafta buy a 250 series truck to haul it too.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:21 AM   #43

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
Guess I wd hafta buy a 250 series truck to haul it too.

That's the slippery slope of of getting 2'itis.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:45 AM   #44

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Nice looking trailer , and we would have been interested in a new trailer except for the fact that right now we can’t use or sell the one we have.. Maybe next year if things change ,the stock market improves , and we still have our health .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:23 AM   #45

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The right balance between tank sizes depends on how the trailer's facilities are used. For instance, for someone who uses the toilet little if at all the grey should match the fresh size... but that would make no sense for many people, since they would never get close to filling the grey tank.

Escape's current sizes for the 21' (28 fresh, 20 black, 28 grey, all in US gallons) are at this maybe-no-toilet-use extreme. ........................
As of 8:12 am on April 9, 2020 Escape lists their tanks on the 5.0 as 28 fresh, 30 black, 28 grey. 30 black? That's a lot of ............. I assume (we know where that gets us) that 30 black is for gbaglo when he moves up to a new 5.0.

OTOH, I just wish our 5.0 had a 40 gallon fresh tank (or even a 35 gallon). It's amazing how much time it takes to drain the black tank! Only if we never use our toilet will we fill the grey. Let's face it, those tank gauges are worthless when you're near empty. I've already ran out of water twice while taking a shower. In our old Aerolite we stood in about an inch of water when the shower quit working from a drained fresh tank. Standing in water told me to hurry and rinse.

Enjoy,

Perry