The Night Before Escapemas - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape
The Night Before Escapemas

Howdy All
We will be traveling from the midwest to pickup our Escape 19 in June and are starting the planning process. Since we will be given the US orientation at 8AM, lodging in close proximity to Escape Trailer Industries location will be necessary. Did you stay at the Best Western on Industrial Way or at another location ? What was your strategy and experience ?
Thank you, Jubal
Old 03-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
It does have a beer and wine store, and the Tim Hortons is next door, if you like Tim's. About a block from BW to Escape.

baglo
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #3

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
We stayed at the Best Western. It was fine, just a hotel like any other, I didn't sleep much that night even after a long day of driving. It was very handy to the Escape shop and tims in the parking lot was handy.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 2012 15A
From N. Indiana you may not be familiar with Tim's. It is a Canadian Coffee and Doughnut chain that also serves breakfasts, lunches etc., good quality for a quick eat, IMHO, has been quite successful. Tim Horton was an HNL hockey player from about 1949 to 1974 who started the business after retiring from hockey. The rest of us retire and ESCAPE, some to Tim's while on the road.

I have never stayed at the Best Western but it is quite close to the freeway so you may hear some road noise depending on what side the room is on. Have been to Chilliwack area several times but I cannot suggest any alternate places as have never stayed there overnight.
To keep things simple, the BW should serve well for one night.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B
Yum, love Tim Horton's... Delicious coffee and donuts! Good thing we don't have them here, otherwise I would be in serious trouble...
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
The Best Western has the freeway on one side and semi-trucks and an Esso on the other. But, it is within walking distance of Escape. I can't think of another hotel / motel in Chilliwack that's better situated, but I can't think of another hotel / motel in Chilliwack.
Horton died a couple years after starting Tim's with another businessman. The coffee had nothing to do with it. Car accident.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #7

Trailer: 2005-17B, 2013 - 5.0, Cabin, 2018-21'
Conversely

As you are now an Escape owner this may be the last hotel you stay at.

If you want to stay somewhere that will convince you to always stay in your new trailer then a hotel by the freeway will do that.

or

Stay at a bed and breakfast in Chilliwack and enjoy our Canadian hospitality

Chilliwack Bed and Breakfast: Reviews of 17 B&Bs

I was just being a bit cheeky, from the reviews the Best Western will be serviceable. I just thought for possibly your last hotel it should be nice. You deserve it
islandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape
Grateful

Yes
I am grateful for more great advise annnd humor !
This forum is a veritable font of knowledge.
We probably will not be able to afford a bed and breakfast. Our rescources will be depleted after paying for the Escape with options and travel expenses.
Jubal
Old 03-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #9

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Yes
I am grateful for more great advise annnd humor !
This forum is a veritable font of knowledge.
We probably will not be able to afford a bed and breakfast. Our rescources will be depleted after paying for the Escape with options and travel expenses.
Jubal
We also spent the night before pick-up at the BW , I sleep through anything , but Gabi hears everything and she had no problem sleeping so I don't think the highway noise is an issue for all of the room locations . The only thing that might interrupt your sleep could be the excitement . Congratulations , you will enjoy every minute !!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
Hello Jubal,

The BW offers all of our customers a preferred rate as we are just around the corner from them.

If you decide to make a reservation there just mention you are with Escape Trailer Industries and they will provide you a better rate. In the off season the discount is a lot better than the summer season but some discount is always better than none.

Tammy
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
We also spent the night before pick-up at the BW , I sleep through anything , but Gabi hears everything and she had no problem sleeping so I don't think the highway noise is an issue for all of the room locations . The only thing that might interrupt your sleep could be the excitement . Congratulations , you will enjoy every minute !!
Hi: Jubal..."The only thing that might interrupt your sleep..."
Know that long after you forget exactly how much your Escape cost...you'll still remember the QUALITY!!!
Enjoy the EXCITEMENT Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
The Best Western is also pet-friendly, if you're traveling with your four-legged friend(s). We spent the night before picking up the trailer there, and had no problem with highway noise. Spent the night after picking up at Cottonwood Meadows RV Park, just a short distance from Escape. Gave us time to review everything from the four hour orientation and a better chance it would sink in!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #13

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
We may cross paths, Jubal. Our 19' is due late June too. Stay at the BW; we did when we visited with Reace to confirm our options. We moved to the PNW from Louisville. Coming from the same neck of the woods, I'm wondering if y'all have ever experienced an environment without 90 degrees and 90% humidity? It's truly heaven! And if you think the knobs are mountains, you ain't seen nothing yet!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #14

Trailer: No more Escape 21
Back in 2010 when my son and I picked up our 19' Escape, the 8:00 in the morning appointment wasn't too much of a problem. However when my wife and I were scheduled picked up our 21' Escape last Thursday, 8 was just too early for us, even though we are only 3-1/2 hours away from Chilliwack.

Kim suggested the Best Western and the Riverview Bed & Breakfast. About 10 years ago we stayed at the Chilliwack Best Western. It was okay. But one of the reasons we have the Escape is to avoid motels. While the Best Western is a block or so away from Escape, the Riverview B&B is only 5 minutes away. So we went with the Riverview Bed & Breakfast. We are glad we did!

The Riverview B&B has great accommodations, great views and a great breakfast. And the cost is on par with the Best Western. Highly recommended