Things we learned during build sheet process - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2020, 03:50 PM   #21

Trailer: none currently
Talking

"Opinion noted on the belly band. I just can’t fall in love with the black one."

Does the black belly band...leech (insert better word here) black streaks?
Leaving lines of black on the shell, that you're constantly cleaning off.
If so, then white would def be the way to go.

Thanks!
The Reluctant Scrubber
Justforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:39 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justforus View Post
Does the black belly band...leech (insert better word here) black streaks?

No. It and any other colour will trap bits of dirt which can be blown out with a garden hose.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:01 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
If you asked me earlier today what color the belly band or emblems were on our Escape 21 , I honestly could not tell you so I asked my wife who like me wasn’t sure
If I were to guess , black and some shade of blue or green ?
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Kinda amuses me when I see folks moaning that they can't get ETI to do this or that. When we bought our first Escape, the flooring, countertops and upholstery, with an oak interior, was take it or leave it unless you went to the trouble of getting your own materials and getting them to ETI. Even then the oak was it, no choice.

When we looked at the demo units on the floor at ETI last week it really hit home how many choices buyers now have. Oak or maple, different upholstery, flooring and countertops etc. So saying that there's less choice these days isn't all that accurate.

Actually we consider the original combination of flooring, upholstery and arborite to have been a brilliant choice. I'm sure that we wouldn't have come up with as co-ordinated interior on our own. No surprise that we went with the same in the 21 even though there was a choice.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Kinda amuses me when I see folks moaning that they can't get ETI to do this or that. When we bought our first Escape, the flooring, countertops and upholstery, with an oak interior, was take it or leave it unless you went to the trouble of getting your own materials and getting them to ETI. Even then the oak was it, no choice.

When we looked at the demo units on the floor at ETI last week it really hit home how many choices buyers now have. Oak or maple, different upholstery, flooring and countertops etc. So saying that there's less choice these days isn't all that accurate.

Actually we consider the original combination of flooring, upholstery and arborite to have been a brilliant choice. I'm sure that we wouldn't have come up with as co-ordinated interior on our own. No surprise that we went with the same in the 21 even though there was a choice.

Ron
Thank You Ron , it’s nice to see that someone besides me is not an interior decorator.
As long as the tires hold air , the roof don’t leak , the toilet works and the A/C cools all the rest of that stuff is just superfluous window dressing IMHO
Old 08-05-2020, 07:07 PM   #26

Just looked at the new ETI catalog. 2 wood choices, 7 upholstery choices, 7 arborite choices and 7 flooring choices. Does that make for 686 possible different interiors? Definitely puts it into the endless discussion realm of who prefers what.

Ron
Old 08-05-2020, 08:28 PM   #27

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Just looked at the new ETI catalog. 2 wood choices, 7 upholstery choices, 7 arborite choices and 7 flooring choices. Does that make for 686 possible different interiors? Definitely puts it into the endless discussion realm of who prefers what.

Ron
You actually have 4 different choice of counter trim too. White, Cream, Brown, and Black. And don't forget 2 wood choices. So 7×7×7×4×2=2,744 possible 'standard' combinations.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:36 PM   #28

Oh my, folks that have a hard time making choices will be in limbo forever.

Maybe literally forever because I guess you'd have to include the fact that there are two awning types and two window types also in the mix. So that makes 10,976 possibly different Escapes.

Ron
Old 08-05-2020, 08:39 PM   #29

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Oh my, folks that have a hard time making choices will be in limbo forever.

Maybe literally forever because I guess you'd have to include the fact that there are two awning types and two window types also in the mix. So that makes 10,976 possibly different Escapes.

Ron
Don't forget 2 burner stove top or 3 burner range with oven, and microwave or not, and ...
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:11 PM   #30

I didn't want folks to feel too overwhelmed with the choices available so I restricted the number to those items that weren't extra cost options.

I know, I know, with only 10,976 possible combinations there're be someone that wants more choices.

Ron
Old 08-06-2020, 09:26 AM   #31

I know for us , if my wife and I had to make over 10,000 choices and agree on each one in order to buy an Escape , we would either never own one or end up divorced .
The only choice I want to make about going camping is
“ What’s for Supper “ The color of the tablecloth or placemats or dishes or glassware or napkin has no affect on my appetite or well being .
Old 08-06-2020, 09:33 AM   #32

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
choices

Nancy says 10,000 would be easy as long as she gets her choices. She also thinks I might be able to turn a 5th wheel around at the bottom of our drive way.
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:43 AM   #33

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
The color of the tablecloth or placemats or dishes or glassware or napkin has no affect on my appetite or well being .
I wish my granddaughters had the same attitude
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:04 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
I wish my granddaughters had the same attitude
We have some camping friends who have tablecloths , placemats , dishes , glasses , etc that are coordinated to the food being served . So if they are serving hot dogs everything has a picnic motif . If they are serving steak , salad and a vegetable the motif is more formal such as real glass glasses , white napkins and serving dishes
They own a 34 ft 5th wheel which is packed from front to back
I really enjoy the abstract discussions on this forum about which color flooring goes with which color countertops goes with which color fabric which goes with which color drapes which match with which color bedding and on to infinity
Since I don’t understand any of it I find it amusing and I admit that the world would be rather dull place , if I was calling the shots .
Being the son of depression era parents my view of what is a necessity and what is important may be slightly warped .
Old 08-06-2020, 11:27 AM   #35

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
The girls aren't really that bad. They're usually just being normal squabbling siblings. It is just that their chosen bone of contention often centers on what color of plate or cup is available.

Mary and I fortunately agree pretty much that function trumps form - especially when it comes to camping. For colors in the trailer, we looked at pictures of the inventory trailers and picked the combination we thought was the most practical for us. We figured the Chinchilla fake leather was the most durable and would be the easiest to keep clean, so we picked that and the choices that were in the inventory trailers that had Chinchilla upholstery. They looked good enough for us.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
Nancy says 10,000 would be easy as long as she gets her choices. She also thinks I might be able to turn a 5th wheel around at the bottom of our drive way.
AZjack
And then on top of all those possibilities no doubt she'd add a ton of her own custom interior decorating items.

About that 5th wheel, you'd better check with Dave and see if he has room to add another storage garage for the 17.

Ron

Tags
exterior hatch, exterior shower, hatch, microwave