Trailer is off to bed... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Trailer is off to bed...

After last week's windstorm I was ready to get my trailer into dry and windless storage. (Karen, I WAS able to turn the trailer back straight just using the jack wheel and my own power, which is why I have a wheel there.) "Winterized" (nothing to do but empty the Porta Potti) and stowed stuff safely and this morning towed it over to a friend's where it will reside in bay 3 of the barn until I need it.

I found that my old microwave worked fine in the microwave cupboard (had to take the one hinge off to get it in as the hinges were in the way). It stayed in place as I drove it over (on curvy roads) but moved a bit. How is the factory microwave held in place? I figure I can cut blocks for the front, sides, and back to hold it steady but just curious as to how it is done.

Also, I left it just sitting on its own wheels and the tongue wheel. I don't really see a problem with that for what's likely to be about four months- should I worry about blocking it up off the wheels?
Attached Thumbnails
Wind and trailer.jpg   Escape at Ron's.jpg  
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
4 sheet metal 90 degree brackets covered with stick on oak vinyl. Screwed into the front of the cabinet, riveted into the sides of the MW.

Rotated the image backwards so it's upside down but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
MW.jpg  
Old 12-22-2016, 02:21 PM   #3

Yes, thanks. I'll probably just block it in place if I decide to keep it there. I didn't use it a lot in the Campster so took it out, but then I could have used it last month in the Escape so thought I'd try it out.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I assume that the trailer's wheels are chocked or there is something else to keep the trailer from rolling... not that it is likely to move while there. There's no need to lift it up off the tires or suspension, and it's certainly better to let it sit on it's wheels than to lift it improperly.

If the microwave oven is a model for which there is a mounting panel available, it will likely have threaded holes in each side. If so, you can make your own brackets in the same style as Escape uses.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:22 PM   #5

I don't think it has a mounting panel. But I'll figure out a way to make it stable inside the cabinet with blocks. It can't fall out since I had to remove hinges to get it in, but it would be better not to be sliding around in there.

Wheels are chocked- and no wind to push it around. No big trees right near the barn, either. I hope no rodent problems with the wiring but that would be an issue here, too, and I've never had a problem (yet).