Trailer items...advice - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2020, 09:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Trailer items...advice

Water Pressure Regulator-sounds helpful..is it?

Sewer Hose - I heard the one provided is marginal. Should I get a better one? What size to make sure it fits in the stowage area? Brand?

Drinking Water Hose- how long?

Water Tank Filler Valve- sounds helpful..is it?

Wi Fi Booster- does it help?

Electrical Cord provided-is it adequate?

110v/30amp adapter- recommendation? Brand?

....feel free to offer up other necessities or conveniences. Thx
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:34 PM   #2

I do have many needed items. Leveling blocks, chocks, locks.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Pressure regulator; I have one, never use it because I'm rarely in a c.g. with a hookup. If you think that you're going to connect to a water source then it would be a good idea.

Sewer hose; maybe not the very best but certainly adequate for use. Our 21 came with two sections and we only need to use one to dump so you'd already have a spare.

Water hose; we carry two of the white ones but only use one.

Filler valve; don't know what that is. If you mean a flexible clear section it does stay in the filler by itself so it's handy.

Wi-fi booster; we have one and it's setup as a network. We find it works very well in marginal situations like the exterior of a Walmart parking lot.

Electrical cord is fine.

ETI supplies an adaptor.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 11:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 2012 E19
If you ever want to hook to the CG water supply while camping, a pressure regulator is an absolute must-have. One never knows how high the water pressure will be, and RV plumbing isn't like house plumbing. Those plastic lines can rupture.

Sewer hose: any cheap hose could do the job, but I really like the Rhino hose I have. Tough, sturdy, not limp and soft like most of them. Worth the few extra bucks IMO. I also have a Flush King attachment so the black tank can be backfilled with rinse water during the dump station run.

1 standard white RV water hose might be enough most times, but carrying 2 is insurance if you want to use the CG water supply very often.

Extension cords, I like to carry a 50' and a 25'. A couple of times I have needed to use both together to reach. FWIW, both times were in a Michigan state park.

A few extra pieces of 2"x4", maybe 8" long or so, can be mighty handy for leveling and chocking and sticking under the jack for that little bit extra height. Campsites can be lumpy. And buy a good flashlight that takes AA cells, and put in some L91 Energizer "Advanced" lithium cells (they store well and rarely leak), and leave this light in the trailer full time so you always have one handy.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:15 AM   #5

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Sewer Hose - I heard the one provided is marginal. Should I get a better one? What size to make sure it fits in the stowage area? Brand?
We have a 5' and 10' Rhino hose. We also have a 45 degree elbow attached to the trailer end and the 90 degree elbow to go in the dump hole. The 10' and 5' with the 45 degree all fit easily in the ETI provided storage tube.

We only use the 5' at the dump station. That 5' is all you need and makes cleanup easy. If you do need a longer hose just attach the 10' to give you 15' of hose. Have never needed more than that. Once you ever start dumping with a 5' you'll wonder why you didn't buy one sooner.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 07-19-2020, 02:17 AM   #6

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Sewer hose, get a Rhino @ WM if you wish. I used the cheap one for a while.

Water pressure regulator, if you want to hook up to a hose, then yes, it's mandatory. The 90 degree elbows are nice to have too.

Water Hose, I carry 2 @ 25' but rarely if ever need the 2nd. Cheap ones kink like crazy.

Water tank filler valve, if that's just a shutoff for the end of the hose, then yes, they are convenient, but not manatory. I use a short, maybe 12", hose end with a shutoff on it to use when filling the fresh tank.

Electrical cord, it's fine. Some carry an extension for it. Like the 2nd hose, it rarely if ever get used.

Adapter, depending on your trailer, fixed cable or removeable, I like https://www.amazon.com/Female-Adapte...=fsclp_pl_dp_3 this one for use at home with a 20A power cable. I also carry one of the small ones like https://www.amazon.com/Conntek-14101...=fsclp_pl_dp_2 that go on the end of the factory cable.

WiFi booster, I don't but many do. I don't stay many places that have WiFi. I do have a cell booster which helps, sometimes. I imagine a wifi booster would be the same. Guess it depends on how much you feel the need for a computer.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:52 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have been using the same Rhino for close to 10 years, good quality and does not leak. Fits inside the provided Escape hose holder also. Water pressure regulator, definite for cg hookups. The little clear plastic hose for filling your tank, DO NOT USE, the plastic hose came off and lodged itself inside the trailer hose. Took me a couple of hours to disassemble and remove. Just stand there with the water hose to fill, do to use the shortcut way. I have 2 water hose, 10' white and 20' blue heavy duty which allows for most sites. Extension cords, 25' and 50' for most cg and 15 amp service. You can always add your power cord with adapters with the extensions but will still be limited to 15 amps.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:35 AM   #8

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
For sewer hose... 90 degree angle, donut, gloves. Some commercial CG's require using a donut, they sell them of course.

I carry a grey hose too, once in a while the dump station has no hose so I use the grey one for rinsing the slinky and such. It's another seldom used item.

Many of these items you can get at WM after you get the trailer. Maybe not a good drinking water grade, cold weather hose.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:05 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
While not inexpensive, RV Water Filters custom make the best non kinking water hoses I've ever used. I carry a 15' hose, and have a 20' buried in in front storage box that I rarely need.

I use an inexpensive water pressure regulator, having frozen to death a couple of the expensive versions. It only takes a below freezing night to destroy the expensive ones.

I replaced the stock Escape sewer hose with a Camco Rhinoflex 10' hose & elbow, which both fit in the Escape provided storage tube.

While I have a WiFi booster (a Ubiquiti Nano Station) I rarely use it. Most campground WiFi is too overloaded to be of much use. I carry an AT&T & a Verizon cell modem (Jetpack) for communications. I also have a Sleek cell phone booster (now called a WeBoost Drive), but as cell coverage improves, I've found I rarely need it.

The detachable cord provided by Escape is all I've needed in 95% of the campgrounds I've stayed in, but to cover the remaining 5%, I carry a 30' extension.

I prefer the "dog bone" type adapter rather than the cube. Takes more room to store, but more reliable.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:54 AM   #10

You guys are great. You all get high marks!
Old 07-19-2020, 02:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post

and RV plumbing isn't like house plumbing. Those plastic lines can rupture.
Really, I didn't know that. The pex and crimp rings look exactly the same as what I use for my own house plumbing.

Ron
Old 07-19-2020, 04:30 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Ron,
Most homes older than 20 years have copper or pvc water supply and pvc waste. Older homes have cast iron waste. I not aware of pex being used in residential construction....
Old 07-19-2020, 04:42 PM   #13

Oh, big time.

The Poly-B of yesteryear is long gone. Pex is the go-to material of choice both for residential plumbing and hydronic heating.

Ron
Old 07-19-2020, 05:54 PM   #14

Trailer: 2013 - 19
Few houses here in Canada plumbed in the last 15 years with anything but PEX.
Pembyescape is offline   Reply With Quote