TV and Stereo E21C - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2020, 09:19 AM   #1

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
TV and Stereo E21C

I have an E21C on order and I am excited about the number of options available and the ability to customize. I would like to purchase TV in the 24 diagonal inch range. I am opting for the U-shaped dinette with lounge seating. With the TV mounted above the 2 drawer stack. I would like to be able to swing the TV out far enough for it to be viewed from both the driver and passenger side corner seats of the U-shaped dinette. Camping World sell a mount they advertise that extends 25" that I hope would allow this. Has anyone been able to achieve this?

Also the Stereo option provided by ETI appears to be good quality however since most of my DVDs are Blu-ray I would prefer a stereo with that capability.
Can I order my Escape wired for the stereo and speakers without the stereo?
Has anyone added there own stereo with Blue-Ray? If so what model Stereo and any TVs you might recommend.

Thank you in advance.
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21C, 2021 Model Year
Stereo

Hi, I am not sure about your TV needs or how to answer that question. I am skipping the EI factory install of a stereo and instead will rely on small blue tooth speakers and download movies to my laptop or tablet. IMO the expense of the stereo in such a small space may not be worth it. Your needs may be different. Thanks.
TomEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
I installed a Master Mounts 404L TV wall mount in my trailer.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is able to be viewed from any spot in the trailer. I had the wall re-enforced where it mounts. The mount is very strong - I do not need to remove the television when moving. The TV is a 24".

The pictures are from a friend of mine as I never thought to take any. Oh, obviously I'm not the first one to use this mount. The only thing I did different was to cut the mounting brackets down to 100 x 100 - didn't like the mounting brackets sticking out above the TV.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20141120_134550540.jpg   IMG_20141120_134610879_HDR.jpg   IMG_20141122_124803497_HDR.jpg  
Old 11-14-2020, 09:16 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 21C
I just bought a used 21C that has a stereo installed. When I was planing out a new trailer I didn't have the stereo on my list. It's nice to turn on the radio w/o having to put out a speaker, open phone etc.. the stereo can also take a SD card for MP3s
kellymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 10:21 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
A 24" TV mounted over the drawer stack seems to be about the best size and location for a 21C.

If the bracket arm is mounted at the edge of the wall there is solid framing and no reinforced wall is necessary.

Ours also stays in position while travelling.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
PC270005_resize.JPG   PC270007_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post

It is able to be viewed from any spot in the trailer. I had the wall re-enforced where it mounts. The mount is very strong - I do not need to remove the television when moving. The TV is a 24".
tdf- Texas, Thanks for your response and for including the link to the mount. Sorry I couldn’t respond sooner, we’re traveling. It looks like the mount is installed in the center of the wall and your 24” tv is able to swing out well beyond the locker and still can be tucked away. I do have a question. I am considering a double din stereo which is about 4” high. If the stereo is mounted in the standard location were yours is it looks like there is enough clearance between the bottom of the stereo and the top of the tv. I too am planning on a 24” tv. Am I correct about the clearance?

I am also looking at better speakers, 6.5” Polks, JBLs and a 3rd brand I can’t recall at moment. I’ve written to ETI and asked if they can pre-wire for the stereo and speakers and I can install them myself or if I can send them to Escape and have them install them. Linda said she would get to me soon but is busy at the moment.
Thanks again.
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:50 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
[QUOTE=Greatboatz3;362710]
Quote:

tdf- Texas, Thanks for your response and for including the link to the mount. Sorry I couldn’t respond sooner, we’re traveling. It looks like the mount is installed in the center of the wall and your 24” tv is able to swing out well beyond the locker and still can be tucked away. I do have a question. I am considering a double din stereo which is about 4” high. If I the stereo is mounted in the standard location were yours is it looks like there is enough clearance between the bottom of the stereo and the top of the tv. I too am planning on a 24” tv. Am I correct? Thanks again
It would be tight but, yes - it should fit.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:58 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:

The pictures are from a friend of mine as I never thought to take any. Oh, obviously I'm not the first one to use this mount. The only thing I did different was to cut the mounting brackets down to 100 x 100 - didn't like the mounting brackets sticking out above the TV.
Seems familiar, yes I cut my bracket down too. I later upgraded to a 24” smart TV. Only thing it is too heavy and must be removed for the road. The 21” was light enough to ride in the bracket.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:57 AM   #9

Trailer: 2020 21C
Ron,
Which mount did you purchase... looking for one that locks. Could you attach a link to it?
Thanks
nrthwds is offline   Reply With Quote