Two Weeks and Six DayS! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-05-2019, 02:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
When I saw title of this thread I guessed it was yours Jim. I am curious about your tonneau cover which is lifted and propped up. Does it move into a position where you can drive with it open for when you are towing? Ours is a tri-fold which always stays on just open and secured at the front of the box.

Looks like we might be heading to Eggshells in Outer Banks after all. Have you booked at the campground, if so which site?
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:01 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
When I saw title of this thread I guessed it was yours Jim. I am curious about your tonneau cover which is lifted and propped up. Does it move into a position where you can drive with it open for when you are towing? Ours is a tri-fold which always stays on just open and secured at the front of the box.

Looks like we might be heading to Eggshells in Outer Banks after all. Have you booked at the campground, if so which site?
Adrian Yes we are headed to Eggshells 11-14. I don't know if I have a site number but it is suppose to be on the Sound side but not on the water. Looking at the campground map If you turn into the sound side off highway 12 driving toward the sound there is a parking lot with an inlet off the sound on the north side. If you continue on that drive pointed toward the sound we will be on the second site on the left as you're driving "I THINK". Those sites are depicted as light green on the map. Our trailer graphics are the 817 silver.
I'm afraid with that 5'7" truck bed that tonneau is going to be locked in the upright position as depicted in the photo. No I don't like that but I may have to live with it. Like yours I can fold the three sections flat and secure with a strap but I don't think that will allow sufficient clearance with the hitch. I'll just have to wait an see. I already have a small GoPro base mount attached to the truck roof so that I can use the GoPro as a backup camera when hitching up the trailer. Necessity is the mother of invention.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:31 AM   #23

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
...You are doing great space wise, we aren't doing as well. I have both the truck bed and the backseat of the crew cab stuffed full.
I have it on both of you. 8' truck bed full plus Anderson on top of the tonneau, crew cab back seat & front pass seat, rooftop cargo pod, my current camper full of stuff AND more stuff not even ordered yet. Plenty of time until Aug 26, tho.

Of course, this is a 6-month trip for me with the Escape pick up the final product at the 5 month point. And I started not only with things like sink & cooktop that I already left at ETI, but I have all the things ETI is having me install along with the tools & most supplies to do so.

Fortunately, border crossing wise, only tires, battery & umbras have to cross for orientation and they just return hours later.

I have reservations at 2 campgrounds near Blaine, one for old camper & one for new with several overlapping days. I'll do some initial mods before moving in, put the old camper in storage if not sold, and then slowly head south continuing my mods at each week-long stop.
StillCampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:07 AM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
8' longbeds rock!

sez the guy with the f250 diesel 4x4...

even driving cross town, I have a tow strap, heavy duty long jumper cables, toolbox of sockets+wrenches, toolbox of pliers+strippers/etc electrical stuff, digital volt meter, and a viair compressor
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #25

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
If the neighbor's very large hickory tree hadn't taken it out, I would be in Dodge 2500 4wd with the 5.9 Cummins equipped with Airlift 5000s and an 8 foot bed. Anyway, this time four days from today I should be between Atlanta and Chattanooga headed for Nashville to pick up my brother then on to the great Northwest. Teaching my wife how to operate the mower today. Latest picture from Chilliwack:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1423[2240].jpg   IMG_1421[2238].jpg