U dinette ETI slider or dicor? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2017, 03:16 PM   #21

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i ordered the pedestal its out of stock but should ship in a month. I know the above is beyond my capabilities but will upgrade the slide if i have to / want to after trying it with the slide provided. Maybe my ex husband will do it!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Not sure why the Springfield top plate was removed and substituted with other material. I just cut it down with a handheld circular saw- equal parts from either side so it would fit. No big deal.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
Has anyone made a drop leaf table top for their Escape?
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:40 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisababe View Post
Has anyone made a drop leaf table top for their Escape?
Not technically a drop leaf but this is a nifty table:
http://www.marineteak.co.uk/folding-...c-star-wing-54
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:01 PM   #25

Ok so I'm admittedly going to be a little lazy on this one. My wife already thinks I spend too much time on the forum and there are so many threads on the table pedestals and slides I just need it broken down concisely for me. Already have the Springfield pedestal with a stock table in the front of the 19 with standard dinette (not "U"). Will the Dicor slide give me more range of motion side-to-side and also eliminate the wobble that still exists with the stock ETI slide? Need a bit more room to enter/exit dinette where it impinges on corner of bathroom on drivers side. Back table edge is almost against front trailer wall so rotation of table to help situation isn't an option. Would like to keep the table stock size to seat 4 for eating and to easily lower into bed without filler boards. I know someone out there must have confronted this same situation. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-08-2017, 09:02 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
As discussed in other threads, I had hoped to build a top like that, but the Dicor is too big, and if I folded in half the top on each side, then an inch or so of the slide would be exposed. I have considered cutting down the aluminum Dicor slide rails though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
U dinette ETI slider or dicor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Not sure why the Springfield top plate was removed and substituted with other material. I just cut it down with a handheld circular saw- equal parts from either side so it would fit. No big deal.

Oh man! Where's the fun in that? Where's the challenge?

As Tina Turner would say...
We never do things "nice and easy"
We like to do things "nice and rough"!

Regards,

Red Dog

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:49 PM   #28

Quote:
Ok so I'm admittedly going to be a little lazy on this one. My wife already thinks I spend too much time on the forum and there are so many threads on the table pedestals and slides I just need it broken down concisely for me. Already have the Springfield pedestal with a stock table in the front of the 19 with standard dinette (not "U"). Will the Dicor slide give me more range of motion side-to-side and also eliminate the wobble that still exists with the stock ETI slide? Need a bit more room to enter/exit dinette where it impinges on corner of bathroom on drivers side. Back table edge is almost against front trailer wall so rotation of table to help situation isn't an option. Would like to keep the table stock size to seat 4 for eating and to easily lower into bed without filler boards. I know someone out there must have confronted this same situation. Thanks in advance!
Anyone? Trying to decide if $135 Dicor table slide system is worth it. Needs to move more than the standard slide side-to-side and needs to take the wobble out of a full size table.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21'
Folks, can someone provide the model number for the preferred Springfield collapsible pedestal?

On the Springfield website the '3-Stage 1660232' is the most likely version I've found. It locks in at 14", 20" and 28". Placing the ETI slider on top of the fully extended 28" height will work for the dinette height. However, the bench height probably fits somewhere between the 14" and 20" heights. I'm worried that the 'Gas-Powered Height Adjustment' feature will resist letting the pedestal sit unlocked between two predetermined settings.

As most of you know, we need to have the pedestal in hand when we pick up our 21' in the spring.
HLD-Edmonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLD-Edmonton View Post
Folks, can someone provide the model number for the preferred Springfield collapsible pedestal?

On the Springfield website the '3-Stage 1660232' is the most likely version I've found. It locks in at 14", 20" and 28". Placing the ETI slider on top of the fully extended 28" height will work for the dinette height. However, the bench height probably fits somewhere between the 14" and 20" heights. I'm worried that the 'Gas-Powered Height Adjustment' feature will resist letting the pedestal sit unlocked between two predetermined settings.

As most of you know, we need to have the pedestal in hand when we pick up our 21' in the spring.
This is what we have:
Springfield 3-Stage Air-Powered Table Pedestal

It locks at whatever height you want between 12-3/4" and 28".
Old 03-17-2017, 01:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Thanks Rubicon327, an interesting option!
Old 03-17-2017, 01:48 PM   #32

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yes i like the folding option my step father built a beautiful one for his sail boat but if the slide sticks out that is a problem.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #33

Springfield 3 Stage Pedestal

FYI Overtons is having a St. Paddy Day Sale today.
(Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone!)
$15.00 off order of $100 , $50.00 off over $250 with free shipping on orders over $25.00. The Springfield Pedestal is on backorder until May 10, but if you order now they won't charge you until it ships. Final price $339.99. Not as good as when they have a 20% off sale but given they are backordered so far out I decided to order now so I have a chance of getting it in before my build date!
Old 03-18-2017, 07:44 AM   #34

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Anyone? Trying to decide if $135 Dicor table slide system is worth it. Needs to move more than the standard slide side-to-side and needs to take the wobble out of a full size table.
IMHO, yes. It slides significantly farther (keep in mind that in a tight, small trailer inches are significant). Because it can slide multidirectionally it really does help to get the table out of the way to get to under seat access hatches or just for a larger person to glide with ease and grace into the seating area.. We noted some increased degree of stability in the table too as compared to the ETI slide - we found that the stability is also tied to how tight the Springfield pedestal latches are sinched down. Initially I had them a bit too loose.

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:46 AM   #35

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Dicor Slider No Longer Available

I talked to the Dicor sales person on Friday with the anticipation of ordering the slide. Unfortunately she informed me that they no longer stock the slide as they felt there was not enough sales to make it profitable for them to order them from Italy. I will admit that I did beg and asked if there was maybe one last one or even an open boxed one. Nope zero, zip, nada. Perhaps I should have ordered this months ago instead of one month before our new hatch ling comes home.
grape_escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #36

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by grape_escape View Post
I talked to the Dicor sales person on Friday with the anticipation of ordering the slide. Unfortunately she informed me that they no longer stock the slide as they felt there was not enough sales to make it profitable for them to order them from Italy. I will admit that I did beg and asked if there was maybe one last one or even an open boxed one. Nope zero, zip, nada. Perhaps I should have ordered this months ago instead of one month before our new hatch ling comes home.
That is not good news, Cathy. I think a part of their problem is that they just did not market them well, and did not know the product very well either.

Hmmm...... mine is still unmounted. Maybe I need to come up with another solution and sell this one for big, big bucks. Mwahaha.....
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:09 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape_escape View Post
Oh no!

Old 03-18-2017, 12:13 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
That is not good news, Cathy. I think a part of their problem is that they just did not market them well, and did not know the product very well either.

Hmmm...... mine is still unmounted. Maybe I need to come up with another solution and sell this one for big, big bucks. Mwahaha.....
When ours arrived one of the slides didn't slide smoothly so we called them - they sent us a second one right away and told us to just keep the other one. I gave it to my brother for helping me mount ours - guess I should have kept it. 😢 He's going to put it in the '69 Airstream he is nenovating.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:05 AM   #39

Trailer: 5.0 TA 2017 Taj MaSmall
Llebrok has model 1660230 priced at $313 USD for the black powder coated version. The other is less and they have free US shipping.
Bobnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:29 AM   #40

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnjudy View Post
Llebrok has model 1660230 priced at $313 USD for the black powder coated version. The other is less and they have free US shipping.
I did a Google search for this and found nothing. Do you have a link?
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote