U dinette ETI slider or dicor? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2017, 12:51 PM   #41

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnjudy View Post
Llebrok has model 1660230 priced at $313 USD for the black powder coated version. The other is less and they have free US shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I did a Google search for this and found nothing. Do you have a link?
Minor typo in the company name - is "Llebroc", not "Llebrok"
SPRINGFIELD 3 STAGE TABLE PEDESTAL
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
I did a Google search for this and found nothing. Do you have a link?
Here's a link.

EDIT: Never mind, you already have a link. I got distracted by work.

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:54 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
Initially, I installed the Springfield pedestal and used the ETI slide in a for and aft orientation, which allowed easier access. However, after a couple of trips, we decided to install the Dicor slide, which we greatly prefer. The Dicor slide makes using the table easier, plus improves the access to the storage under the seats.
What measurements did you cut the platform on the Spriingfield pedestal to fit the dicor?
Nancy
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:08 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Not sure why the Springfield top plate was removed and substituted with other material. I just cut it down with a handheld circular saw- equal parts from either side so it would fit. No big deal.
Rossue, what size did you cut it down to? did you take the plate off the pedestal to do it?
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
What measurements did you cut the platform on the Spriingfield pedestal to fit the dicor?
Nancy
Sorry, the camper is in storage. I will try to get measurements this weekend. I removed the top plate on the Springfield pedestal and cut it to the dimension to fit the Dicor, cutting the same amount on two sides. The top plate is aluminum and I used a skill saw.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:04 PM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Nancy
Just measure between the rails of the Dicor, and you will have your answer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:39 PM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Rossue, what size did you cut it down to? did you take the plate off the pedestal to do it?
Original plate is 12 X 12". Cut it down to 8 X 12" by taking off 2" from each side front to rear. I did it with the plate on the pedestal as it is aluminum it cuts easily. I Would mark where you want mounting holes and then remove the slide first so you don't get shavings in the slide area.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:59 PM   #48

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Original plate is 12 X 12". Cut it down to 8 X 12" by taking off 2" from each side front to rear. I did it with the plate on the pedestal as it is aluminum it cuts easily. I Would mark where you want mounting holes and then remove the slide first so you don't get shavings in the slide area.
"don't get shavings in the slide area" is some of the best advice on the entire thread! I did, it was not good - and I worked very hard to get them out of the track and off the rollers!

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #49

Trailer: 2017 19'
Called Dicor yesterday to find out why that slide isn't listed on their web site anymore. Was told that they don't carry it anymore. Now I sure wish I had ordered it at the beginning of the year!
Does anyone know if there is another company that sells this slide? Or something comparable? Or who actually makes it, so I can find another way to get one?
Countdown to April 19th, orientation day. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
curru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:22 AM   #50

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
I couldn't find another source - maybe someone else will have better luck.

I wonder if Dicor would order a set if a group buy was created?

It still amazes me that they said that poor sales was the reason for stopping carrying it. It took me a week of constant calling before I was able to reach the salesman to place an order. If they didn't want to hassle with orders, they should set them up on Amazon and let them handle the sales. Everyone that has seen my Dicor slide wanted one - how can that be bad for sales?
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #51

Bummer on that one. I do know they imported it from Italy.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:35 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I couldn't find another source - maybe someone else will have better luck.

I wonder if Dicor would order a set if a group buy was created?

It still amazes me that they said that poor sales was the reason for stopping carrying it. It took me a week of constant calling before I was able to reach the salesman to place an order. If they didn't want to hassle with orders, they should set them up on Amazon and let them handle the sales. Everyone that has seen my Dicor slide wanted one - how can that be bad for sales?
Dicor relies on sales to manufactures and dealerships for the most part, and are not well set up to sell directly to the public. I doubt they bothered marketing them that well to dealers. When I bought my slider a couple years back, they knew nothing about the product. I agree that something like selling through Amazon would be a good idea for them.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #53
CRJ

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I'm going to try the: Springfield Marine Co Universal Trac-Lok Ii and the Garelick/Eez-In 75080:01 Low-Profile Seat Slide both available from Amazon to use as a slide. Will see what works the best when i receive them. They are low profile slides for boat seats with locks. Wish me luck.

Wasted lots of time trying to find the Dicor...... a very strange company.
CJ
CRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:37 PM   #54

Trailer: 2017 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJ View Post
I'm going to try the: Springfield Marine Co Universal Trac-Lok Ii and the Garelick/Eez-In 75080:01 Low-Profile Seat Slide both available from Amazon to use as a slide. Will see what works the best when i receive them. They are low profile slides for boat seats with locks. Wish me luck.

Wasted lots of time trying to find the Dicor...... a very strange company.
CJ
Your plan sounds interesting. Keep us posted on how it works out, please.
curru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #55
CRJ

thanks for the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Minor typo in the company name - is "Llebroc", not "Llebrok"
SPRINGFIELD 3 STAGE TABLE PEDESTAL
Saved me about $50 when I switched to this vendor
CJ
Old 03-28-2017, 01:09 AM   #56

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
Quote:
Originally Posted by curru View Post
Called Dicor yesterday to find out why that slide isn't listed on their web site anymore. Was told that they don't carry it anymore. Now I sure wish I had ordered it at the beginning of the year!
Does anyone know if there is another company that sells this slide? Or something comparable? Or who actually makes it, so I can find another way to get one?
Countdown to April 19th, orientation day. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still have the box that the slider came in. The company that Dicor purchased these from is STLA, website: ST.LA. - ALL THE SOLUTIONS AND COMPONENTS FOR THE CARAVAN INDUSTRY

I see they have a number of similar looking slides in their catalog:
http://www.stla.it/catalogo-2015.pdf

I am skeptical the manufacturer will sell directly to consumers, but I'd still give it a try if I were looking for one of these slides. Maybe they can give you the name of another seller they work with that can special order them.

Maybe someone can convince ETI to buy a bunch of these and have them as a standard option.. that's probably an even longer shot.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #57

Good job! Sent them an email to see if there is any way to purchase for retail in N. America. Ciao!
Old 03-28-2017, 07:53 PM   #58
CRJ

Different slide for the dinette table

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJ View Post
CJ
I received both products. Both are very heavy duty aluminum. Made for sliding a boat seat forwards and back. I've decided to go with the Garelick $93 and return the Springfield $73. I liked the action on the Garelick and the lock down better than the Springfield which has a spring loaded lever and notches for adjustment. I will get 5" of movement in one direction. The Springfield pedestal does rotate so this combo should give me a lot of flexibility.
Currently awaiting the pedestal to begin the modifications. I'm going from a standard table to a u shape lounge with a reduced sized table. Wish me luck. Prior owners were great folks to deal with and they provided us with 4 yards of matching fabric so we can fabricate the matching cushions and extra pillows.
CJ
Old 03-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #59

Received reply from STLA; they say that Host Campers in Bend, OR carries the slide. Left a message for them this AM.

Host Industries - Single, Double, Triple & Quad Slide-out Truck Campers & Motorcoaches
Old 03-29-2017, 10:10 AM   #60

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
Quote:
Received reply from STLA; they say that Host Campers in Bend, OR carries the slide. Left a message for them this AM.

Host Industries - Single, Double, Triple & Quad Slide-out Truck Campers & Motorcoaches
Great news! Thanks for doing the leg work on this!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote