Update On Jim Norman - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2020, 01:55 PM   #81

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Wow - never met the man but wish him all the best. Hope to see him in his Escape some day down the road. From the report, he obviously puts great stock in his trailer experiences and community!
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #82

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
Jim, wishing you a speedy recovery! You have a large group of Escape friends praying for you ! Miss all your wisdom on this forum!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:50 PM   #83

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Just a suggestion. Can we create a new thread entitled “Well wishes for Jim” and move the get well soon messages to it and save/restrict this thread for what it is titled, specifically medical updates on Jim’s condition. Every time I note there is a new post I get nervous thinking it might mean bad news, and it is an emotional roller coaster several times per day. Most of us are praying for Jim; we all want him to get better. Obviously, this would require moderator action if others are in agreement with my thoughts.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #84

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
It has been over a week now. Guess no news is good news. But any new news?
Old 08-22-2020, 08:37 AM   #85

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
It has been over a week now. Guess no news is good news. But any new news?
From my end I have nothing to report. We have learned to wait until Noelia is ready to communicate with us.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:29 AM   #86

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
From my end I have nothing to report. We have learned to wait until Noelia is ready to communicate with us.
Yes ..we too. Noelia has been at the hospital 24/7 and with Jim possibly going to a different hospital for rehab she will be extremely busy. There is often much for the partner/spouse/caregiver to learn and take in- plus emotional toll is sometimes so that one just can't give updates.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:12 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Yes ..we too. Noelia has been at the hospital 24/7 and with Jim possibly going to a different hospital for rehab she will be extremely busy. There is often much for the partner/spouse/caregiver to learn and take in- plus emotional toll is sometimes so that one just can't give updates.
I decided to contact Noelia and as it turned out she was about ready to call anyway. Jim has been moved to an acute rehabilitation hospital. It is a brand new facility and has a top shelf professional staff. He is definitely not out of the woods yet. He has difficulty swallowing and is very weak. He is susceptible to all manner of infections not the least of which is pneumonia.

The next couple of weeks in this facility will determine whether or not he can be moved back to his house. It is the thing he wants more than anything else for obvious reasons but clearly not the prudent thing to do right now. Suffice to say Jim is in for a long convalescence.

Noelia has been a saint. Without her support one has to wonder whether or not Jim would have survived this ordeal.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:24 PM   #88

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Well wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix2 View Post
Wow - never met the man but wish him all the best. Hope to see him in his Escape some day down the road. From the report, he obviously puts great stock in his trailer experiences and community!
I have never met him either, however he sounds like a person one would be very happy to know. That’s all his family needs in these otherwise very trying times.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:38 PM   #89

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Thanks for the report. I think about Jim pretty often. I’ve camped with him about 10 times at rallies and we always had a real good time sharing food and experiences. He spent a year going to Parsons college in Iowa in the late sixties and has great memories of his time here. We are hoping for a full recovery and the day when we can swap stories again. I’ve had fun kidding Jim over the last few years whenever we camped together and on the forum too.
Thanks for the update, I appreciate it a lot.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-22-2020, 06:44 PM   #90

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Do you know if we could send him cards to the rehab facility?
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:55 PM   #91

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Linda and I are still sending positive thoughts Jim’s way , also to his partner . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #92

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Wonderful idea, I’d love to send a card if the family thinks it’s a good idea
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #93

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Very true about the worse not being cared for. I have put Lisa through a couple stressful times, and am sure you have been there too. One has to hold a special appreciation for these committed to caregiving partners.

I am certainly hoping for the best for Jim and Noelia.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:54 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Thanks for the report. I think about Jim pretty often. I’ve camped with him about 10 times at rallies and we always had a real good time sharing food and experiences. He spent a year going to Parsons college in Iowa in the late sixties and has great memories of his time here. We are hoping for a full recovery and the day when we can swap stories again. I’ve had fun kidding Jim over the last few years whenever we camped together and on the forum too.
Thanks for the update, I appreciate it a lot.
Iowa Dave
Well Jim must really think you are a great fellow too. He never treated me to a twin pack of Yuengling yet he insisted that I hand one off to you at the Niagara event last year.

I've teased him about Parson's College. I've asked him if he is a devotee of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. A childhood friend of mine's father was the acting president of Parson's College before it went belly up.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:07 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
I'm thinking that it would be best to send cards to his home address. Noelia will take them to Jim.
Jim Norman
164 Springdale Rd.
York, PA 17403
Old 08-23-2020, 07:47 AM   #96

Hi Richard
I had Jim and Noelia’s address here at home and determined to send Jim a card but I hesitated to share the address as I just didn’t know if I should. So thanks for that. Jim and Alf and I have been trading liquid refreshment for some time. So the Yuengling was actually for Alf as I remember. Of course that trading of beverages isn’t real good for the memory. I’ll miss not attending the wine Escape next month but there’s not much I can do about it.

My high school class in 1966 was 566 graduates and I’d estimate four or five went off to Parsons. It was down in Iowa’s coal country at Fairfield.Iowa. In a couple years they lost their North Central Accreditation and the college closed. The Maharishi bought the college and since its done pretty well. They have a high school of their own and their academic decathlon team is first rate. I go through Fairfield a couple times a year when I camp at
Lacey Keosauqua state park and fish a tournament down there.
If,in your travels, you come through Iowa on I-80 I expect you to stop by and we will go a few miles down to the local observatory at Palisades-Dows park. I think they have pretty good setup down there from what I hear from a sciencey friend of mine. There is nice Camping on the other side of the river at Palisades-Kepler state park.
Sure wishing I could share some garden bounty with Jim this year but guess it will have to wait. Hoping for the best for everyone I am:
Iowa Dave
Old 08-23-2020, 08:21 AM   #97

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
The "Need for speed"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
I'm thinking that it would be best to send cards to his home address. Noelia will take them to Jim.
Jim Norman
164 Springdale Rd.
York, PA 17403
Hi: Telescopist... Tanks for the info. I'll send a card snail mail and expect Jim will get it by Christmas due to the sloe fizz of the "Post". Removing the snorting machines will make the "Snail mail" even sloe'r. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Richard
I had Jim and Noelia’s address here at home and determined to send Jim a card but I hesitated to share the address as I just didn’t know if I should.
I think he would appreciate the attention. It would be mood lifting for him. And right about now his mood state isn't so hot.

Quote:
So thanks for that. Jim and Alf and I have been trading liquid refreshment for some time. So the Yuengling was actually for Alf as I remember. Of course that trading of beverages isn’t real good for the memory. I’ll miss not attending the wine Escape next month but there’s not much I can do about it.
Whoops. Sorry about that. We are still working on social integration techniques. Jim has mentioned your name a lot as well as Alf's. I guess that means I owe you a twin pack of Yuengling at the next hookup.

Quote:
I go through Fairfield a couple times a year when I camp at
Lacey Keosauqua state park and fish a tournament down there.
If,in your travels, you come through Iowa on I-80 I expect you to stop by and we will go a few miles down to the local observatory at Palisades-Dows park. I think they have pretty good setup down there from what I hear from a sciencey friend of mine. There is nice Camping on the other side of the river at Palisades-Kepler state park.
Sounds like a plan. We'll work on it.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:08 AM   #99

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Thanks for the address. Will send something today and then every couple weeks. Getting mail can be such an uplift when one is bed bound.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:20 AM   #100

Jim

Had to pick in the garden this morning. Those Zucchini’ remind me of Max Schmelling when he fought Joe Louis. Louis is reputed to have said “You can run but you can’t hide!”
Louis knew that in the ring there would be no way for Schmelling to get away. As I discovered the big Zucchini I said to him as I opened my pocket knife “ you can’t run but you hid from me a couple days ago.”
If you see Jim in person show him the picture and tell him I need help digging my spuds.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
79D633EB-1547-4A0A-9CD7-8588BCF093A1.jpg