Upgrading from a 17B to a 19...help me pull the trigger - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2017, 07:43 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
What is the pole?
Here is a picture of the pole in my 15A. It is needed for support when there is a long run of upper cabinets with no wall or divider to support them. It is attached at the bottom to the counter.
Attached Thumbnails
Filtered LED.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:50 PM   #42

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Here is a picture of the pole in my 15A. It is needed for support when there is a long run of upper cabinets with no wall or divider to support them. It is attached at the bottom to the counter.
I'm surprised that a 15' has a pole.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #43

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
I'm surprised that a 15' has a pole.
In the 15A there is no bathroom (gasp, ) wall to support the cabinetry which runs from front to rear in the trailer.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:35 PM   #44

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
What is the pole? We don't seem to have one. I'm guessing that's because we switched the position of the sink and the stove.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I believe the 21's first had the pole and when the 2nd G started, both the 19 and 21 models incorporated them.
Yes, 1st gen (classic) 19's did not have a pole. So Ruth, it actually has nothing to do with swapping the sink and stove. They just weren't on those earlier builds, only the new molds for the 19.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #45

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
We looked at an AS 25 ft Flying Cloud FB. The finish was very nice, really liked the separate shower, large windows, the large rear dinette and couch, and walk around queen bed. We went with a Escape 19 so we didn't have to upgrade our vehicle, was good quality, could get into small remote campsites, and it had a queen bed. If we were going to upgrade our vehicle to large SUV or truck and planned to stay away for long periods we would relook at the Airstream.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:48 PM   #46

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
We moved from a 17B to a 19 and *love* the modest upsizing in a number of areas as already mentioned. One surprising advantage to the 17, however, is the slightly larger amount of counter space, including the wardrobe top. The 17 wardrobe itself is at least twice as big as the 19 as well, although the 19 has a lot more storage overall elsewhere. No regrets here with the move to the 19 though!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #47

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharper View Post
We looked at an AS 25 ft Flying Cloud FB. We went with a Escape 19 so we didn't have to upgrade our vehicle, was good quality, could get into small remote campsites, and it had a queen bed.
My impression is that a lot of people that go with Escapes come from a "modest" camping background that began with tents and smaller trailers and aren't looking for a Manhattan hotel room on wheels. The Airstreams are beautiful, but for many it is more about where the trailer allows you to go than the trailer itself. Ease of towing with a standard SUV/truck and finding out of the way places and campsites is huge. The Airstream Flying Cloud 25FB is a much different trailer than even the largest Escape...5500 lb base weight, 7300 lb GVWR and starts at $83k.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #48

Trailer: Used to own a 17B and a 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharper View Post
We looked at an AS 25 ft Flying Cloud FB. The finish was very nice, really liked the separate shower, large windows, the large rear dinette and couch, and walk around queen bed. We went with a Escape 19 so we didn't have to upgrade our vehicle, was good quality, could get into small remote campsites, and it had a queen bed. If we were going to upgrade our vehicle to large SUV or truck and planned to stay away for long periods we would relook at the Airstream.
Thanks. We went with the same logic also. I think when we are both retired and hit the road for months at a time we'll relook at the AS again also.
ichrisdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
We moved from a 17B to a 19 and *love* the modest upsizing in a number of areas as already mentioned. One surprising advantage to the 17, however, is the slightly larger amount of counter space, including the wardrobe top. The 17 wardrobe itself is at least twice as big as the 19 as well, although the 19 has a lot more storage overall elsewhere. No regrets here with the move to the 19 though!
Its funny my wife and I were just talking about the 17 wardrobe counter top and how we might actually be loosing counter space. We'll make it work.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:34 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
My impression is that a lot of people that go with Escapes come from a "modest" camping background that began with tents and smaller trailers and aren't looking for a Manhattan hotel room on wheels. The Airstreams are beautiful, but for many it is more about where the trailer allows you to go than the trailer itself. Ease of towing with a standard SUV/truck and finding out of the way places and campsites is huge. The Airstream Flying Cloud 25FB is a much different trailer than even the largest Escape...5500 lb base weight, 7300 lb GVWR and starts at $83k.
Prior to our Escape 17B we had only camped once or twice. So everything was new to us when we got our 17B. When we were looking for our first trailer we looked at the AS but didn't want to spend that kind of money for something I didn't know if we keep for more than a few trips. Once we got the 17B and realized we love RV'ing we felt we needed a little more room, more specifically a real bed. After a lot of thought, as yourself and others have noted, we went with the Escape 19 because it has everything we "need" and is easier to tow and can probably get into more places a lot easier then the wider longer 25AS. It is about what is more practical for our needs.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #51

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichrisdr View Post
Its funny my wife and I were just talking about the 17 wardrobe counter top and how we might actually be loosing counter space. We'll make it work.
When going with the 2 burner stove turned 90 degrees, it's not too bad of a counter space.