Useless Xmas present - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #81

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
the big difference with spotify is it has complete albums, and you can browse by artist, by album, and play said albums on demand, rather than just letting pandora choose what to play. I've always been more into albums than just songs.

spotify also has 'artist radio' which is more like pandora....

with spotify premium, you can choose artists and 'follow' them, and chose albums (or songs) and 'download' them, then they are stored locally on your device so it works when you're offline, in this way its more like itunes (but without the per-song/album fees).
Exactly !
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #82

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I now have Spotify premium, but my issue is with Alexa. I can browse Spotify on my iPhone. I'd have to play an audio guessing game with Alexa.
"Alexa, did you put the seat down"?
Old 01-16-2018, 04:12 PM   #83

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I drank the Koolaid & have a MacBookPro, iPad, and a brand new iPhone X. The phone is a big improvement on my previous iPhone 5 ( I don't renew all that often, but when I do, I get the latest with the most bells & whistles).
I love my iPhone X! I really like the convenience of facial recognition for opening my banking apps and password safe. The new OLED screen is amazing! I often will watch videos on it as the screen is so sharp it is not a strain at all. It took me about a week to get used to the new gestures that replaced the home button, but now that I am used to it, I find the home button on my iPad cumbersome. (And for those of you that don't know, the facial recognition can be set so that it only works when one directly looks at the phone. No, it cannot be unlocked by someone holding it to your face while you are sleeping!)

My latest gadget are the Bose Sound Sport bluetooth ear buds. The sound is great and they are super comfortable. I mostly listen to acoustic music and they do a nice job. It is really handy when I'm working on a project to not have to keep headphone wires safely out of the way. I currently have 266 CDs from my collection burned onto iTunes so there is no shortage of music. For an extra $10 a month, I have internet streaming added to my SiriusXM subscription on my truck. So that is my main source of streaming music. I may need to check out Spotify after reading the comments on this thread.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:17 PM   #84

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I now have Spotify premium, but my issue is with Alexa. I can browse Spotify on my iPhone. I'd have to play an audio guessing game with Alexa.
"Alexa, did you put the seat down"?
Hi: gbaglo... Alexa... please get me a filler board 36 X 24 X 36!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:14 PM   #85

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Eric
I thought of you this morning when I heard Jackie Brenston and His Delta Cats doing
Rocket 88. Remember the futuristic Oldsmobile logo from the mid 50’s on both the exterior of the car and also on the air cleaner I believe. And also a group named Big Joe and the Dynaflows. Backup musicians named after a Buick transmission. And then there’s the Buick
“Nailhead” engine. Look there’s a squirrel!
Iowa Dave
Ah, and I think of you with each episode of Jay Leno's garage I watch. Last one he had 2 of the GM Firebirds - 1 and 3. The GM guy said they had planned to name them Thunderbird but a 4 letter company go to it first. Whenever they do the car values thing at the end, I wonder what my dad's 68 Charger RT 440 Magnum would be worth now in mint condition... that puppy sure could snap necks backwards... and the 440 could beat a Hemi in an 1/8 mile, Hemi would catch and pass it right at the end of the 1/4. I think I already told you the rear tire story...
Attached Thumbnails
FirebirdI.jpg  

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #86

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Glenn I just heard of a revolutionary new product you will undoubtedly want. Kohler has a new toilet the Numi that will connect to Alexa and flush when you tell it to. It is steal at only $7500 US!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #87

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Could this happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Glenn I just heard of a revolutionary new product you will undoubtedly want. Kohler has a new toilet the Numi that will connect to Alexa and flush when you tell it to. It is steal at only $7500 US!
Alexa gets Someone mad at her. The mad person picks up Alexa and throws her towards the toilet and calls out “flush the toilet”. Will the new Kohler obey and do in its master or does she float to live another day. The cabin fever makes the flu look minor.
Iowa Dave
Old 01-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #88

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
Quote:
The cabin fever makes the flu look minor.
Iowa Dave
Boy do I ever agree. We have reservations for Huntington Beach State Park in May, and I can't wait! It may be our last trip in the Parkliner, as I want to sell it and get ready for an Escape down the road.

We still have a tent...

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #89

Quote:
Alexa gets Someone mad at her. The mad person picks up Alexa and throws her towards the toilet and calls out “flush the toilet”. Will the new Kohler obey and do in its master or does she float to live another day. The cabin fever makes the flu look minor.
Iowa Dave
If you kill an AI is it homicide? artificicide? intellicide?

Old 01-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #90
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
reading a sci-fi series now that takes place when sentient AIs are first coming into their own, the Lyssa trilogy, which is part of a much larger Aeon-14 series of series that takes place many 1000s of years farther in the future than this Lyssa sub-series. in the main parts of the Aeon14 stories, sentient AI's are well established, have the same rights as humans, many of them have been implanted in people and act as companion/assistant/advisors, others are built into star ships, etc. The stories also talk about NSAI, Non-Sentient AIs, which are more akin to what we have now, 'dumb' computers that do what they are told and have no self-awareness or imagination.

one thread of this epic involves a group of SAI's who have evolved or ascended to a higher plane so to speak, are no longer tied to physical hardware or biology, and have withdrawn from contact with the rest of civilization.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #91

The scene on the roof between Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer in the original “Bladerunner” is still my all time favorite about the implications of treating sentient AI’s essentially as slaves.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #92

Quote:
Hi: thoer... Could be "Robocide". Alf
Old 01-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #93

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Just take Alexia skeet shooting and cough cough accidentally load her into the thrower.........pull ooops sorry alexia
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Just take Alexia skeet shooting and cough cough accidentally load her into the thrower.........pull ooops sorry alexia
My dad used to have a joke wooden "clay" pigeon. Once when I went with him to a trap shoot I snuck it along and "accidentally" loaded it on the thrower when he was up. He didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did...

Old 01-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #95

Need explaining. Never shot skeet. What happened?
Old 01-17-2018, 06:24 PM   #96

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:

Not much [emoji23]

Cheers
Doug
Old 01-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #97

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
I can see it now: I curse, Alexa hears me, misunderstands, then flushes the Numi toilet.

Nope-- no smart house for me, thankyouverymuch.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #98

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Clay birds

Quote:
Hi Glenn
Shooting Trap or Skeet with a shotgun involves breaking mechanically thrown baked clay discs with the shot from a shotshell. When you hit the clay “bird” directly it with disintegrate in a puff and with fragments flying. Any piece that comes off when hit is good enough to be called a “dead bird”. Sometimes the bird only breaks into two or three pieces. Once in a while, if the bird is way out when it’s hit you can see it dip or deflect but the shot energy is low enough that the bird doesn’t break even though you hit it. So a wooden bird will not break but just flips or wobbles. And you say “damn I know I hit that sucker” and you look around and everybody in on the joke is laughing at you. And you say “You expletive deleted”.
Next up Annie Oakley and Calcutta’s.
Iowa “Millard Nebraska Gun Club” Dave
Old 01-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #99

Got it. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:09 PM   #100

Quote:
Hi Glenn
Shooting Trap or Skeet with a shotgun involves breaking mechanically thrown baked clay discs with the shot from a shotshell. When you hit the clay “bird” directly it with disintegrate in a puff and with fragments flying. Any piece that comes off when hit is good enough to be called a “dead bird”. Sometimes the bird only breaks into two or three pieces. Once in a while, if the bird is way out when it’s hit you can see it dip or deflect but the shot energy is low enough that the bird doesn’t break even though you hit it. So a wooden bird will not break but just flips or wobbles. And you say “damn I know I hit that sucker” and you look around and everybody in on the joke is laughing at you. And you say “You expletive deleted”.
Next up Annie Oakley and Calcutta’s.
Iowa “Millard Nebraska Gun Club” Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... How long do you need to cook one of them "Clay pigeons" to get it tender enough to eat? Alf