Warranty from Afar - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
MikeV99

Warranty from Afar

I live ~2800 miles from Chilliwack. The 19' has a 2 year warranty. However, driving ~5,600 miles for warranty work does not seem practical. How do others handle warranty work from long distances?

Thanks

Mike
Old 06-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 17
Re: Warranty from Afar

I sent you a quick personal message. From my reading on warranty I think Jeff mentioned about appliances "Basically any place that does RV repair (or sells RV) will handle it as most Fridges in RV are either Dometic or NorCold..so they are authorized dealers/repair shops" I think all the appliances and A/C hot water heater carry their own Manufacturer warranty.

Then for structural or plumbing or electrical you go to your nearest RV place and Reace will pay for it. Hopefully others more Knowledgeable will reply.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
MikeV99

Got the PM and replied.

That could be the process. I'd like to know the hoops one might have to go through. Maybe someone that has had warranty work done at another dealer could jump in and tell us about it.

Regards,

Mike
Old 06-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150

I had warranty work done on my refrigerator at our Syracuse, NY Camping World with no problems.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour

As far as I know, Mike, Escape has nothing to do with warranty work on appliances such as the refrigerator. You take care of it yourself through the manufacturer at pne of their service shops in your area.

As for work that Escape covers, maybe someone who has had Escape pay for work can give examples on what they have had done and how it was handled.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV99
Got the PM and replied.

That could be the process. I'd like to know the hoops one might have to go through. Maybe someone that has had warranty work done at another dealer could jump in and tell us about it.

Regards,

Mike
My furnace started squeaking. I reported it to Escape and they told me to take it in for repair. I Googled and found an RV shop a mile away that is a authorized warranty repair shop ( and they are basically everywhere ). Took it in, they fixed it and billed the manufacturer. I didn't have to take it to Escape and as far as I know Escape didn't have to do anything. It was all handled by the shop.

baglo

Old 06-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
MikeV99

Thanks for the info. I'd still like an example of how an Escape warranty problem was resolved though.

Regards,

Mike
Old 06-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

When I had issues in the past with other trailer manufacturers, I contacted them, provided pictures, and they then authorized a repair at a local shop. I paid for the repair, sent them my receipt and received full reimbursement. Very similar to automobile issues, you do not always have to return to the selling dealer for help, as long as you contact them before hand. I think Escape operates the same, and other than a fiberglass or frame issue, there is little that can go wrong. The appliances have their own warranties and most local rv shops can and will work on them, after you contact the appliance home office for authorization.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #9

Looks like the lack of response about Escape only repairs means they have very few problems which require attention.
That's a good sign.

If you can dream it, you can do it
walloe is offline   Reply With Quote