Warranty issue. Is it really 2 years? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #41

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Except that the typical automotive warranty specifically excludes those few items, rather than saying that everything (without qualification) is covered. That's a critical difference for those items which have warranties shorter than two years.
And that's the bottom line on this issue. They should have put in a few "*" on anything that didn't have a two year warranty.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #42

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
You ought to see the exclusions on coupons for Bed, Bath and Beyond. The expiration date could run out while you read them.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:11 AM   #43

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I'm sorry I misread the post I did wonder why you hadn't used the trailer. But regardless I would be surprised if the battery was included in the warranty - just my opinion Escape generally has good customer service so if it should be covered I'm sure they will work with you
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:52 AM   #44

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Unfortunately it looks like the Interstate warranty is only 12 months. This is the first I've heard of one going bad, especially in less then 2 years. Might be worth examining your battery maintenance.
My trailer came new with an Interstate battery and it prematurely failed .
I hope others have better luck with their Interstate warranty claims .
It was easier to buy a new battery than dealing with Interstate.

This forum trying to interpret Escape's warranty is simply a guessing game and an exercise in futility.
Someday someone will take ETI to court over a warranty issue and then we will have a definitive answer and it will be resolved
If ETI states that the trailer has a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty and the battery is not specifically excluded then to me the battery is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty.
Whether ETI and Reace are the greatest company on earth has no bearing , this is a legal issue and nice guys often don't prevail in court.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:19 AM   #45

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Positive and negative feed back.

Hi: All... The Interstate battery in our '07 5.0 was replaced after 6 years, not because it failed, but because I didn't want it to. I bought a Trojan and was told if I sold the trailer to put in a cheap battery and keep the Trojan. I didn't!!!
I'm sure there's a reason most vehicle mfg's exclude batteries and rubber wear surfaces... but I can't think of it at the moment.
BTW I'm getting a new battery for my personal generator on Tue. am. I hope this one lasts 11 yrs. too!!!Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:34 AM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Every original owner of an ETI build gets a big packet of paperwork. Inside that packet is the warranty for the trailer, all the appliances and trouble shooting guides, etc. I'm not an attorney, but anyone that won't take the time to read the paperwork for THEIR trailer, BUT will take the time to read an older page on the web is lacking personal responsibility (and yes, I've fallen into that trap too). Thanks to the Wayback Machine, I can find info that's decades old on the web, but I'm also smart enough to know what applies to a 2013 Escape trailer may not apply to my 2014. And certain things may have changed between the 5.0TA built just before mine and the one after. One of the reasons most of us bought from ETI is the fact they're constantly working at "better" and "improved." We can't just cherry pick the information we want to believe, but it's the totality of "ours" not "yours."
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #47

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
What Donna said.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #48

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
This forum trying to interpret Escape's warranty is simply a guessing game and an exercise in futility.
Someday someone will take ETI to court over a warranty issue and then we will have a definitive answer and it will be resolved
If ETI states that the trailer has a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty and the battery is not specifically excluded then to me the battery is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty.
Whether ETI and Reace are the greatest company on earth has no bearing , this is a legal issue and nice guys often don't prevail in court.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:24 AM   #49

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I think a little research into Canada's product liability laws may prove to be prudent before you call your lawyer.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #50

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Every original owner of an ETI build gets a big packet of paperwork. Inside that packet is the warranty for the trailer, all the appliances and trouble shooting guides, etc. I'm not an attorney, but anyone that won't take the time to read the paperwork for THEIR trailer, BUT will take the time to read an older page on the web is lacking personal responsibility ...
Very well said Donna, that's a post that surely deserves a

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #51

Trailer: 2015 17ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
I would not expect a battery to be replaced if my trailer had sat for two years. Too many things could effect it. Too many variables.
WWHM: Trailer did not sit for 2 years. battery worked fine for 1st year (2016). But failed to hold charge in june 2017.
WWHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #52

I also received the full package. And read it front to back. I've even gone back. I can assure you that the only reference to warranty is what I found in the users manual.
And I have called ETI on several occasions and no one has yet said, " Whoops, you should have received this additional info." Or even tried to explain the warranty to me.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
The "bumper to bumper" reference can be found on page 4 of the current manual. I think ETI should delete it, particularly because the trailer only has one bumper.
Of course, I could argue that since there is (from a math point of view) nothing between 1 and 1, that there is in fact actually no warranty...LOL Sorry, just had to get that in.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #54

The Saga Ends

Just encase anyone wants to know the final outcome:
The battery issue was handed to Reece.
I have a new battery. No charge.
2 year warranty was indeed a bumper to bumper (I know, there's only one bumper. But it's in the spirit of the term).
I'm happy....
Old 08-26-2017, 04:35 PM   #55

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWHM View Post
Just encase anyone wants to know the final outcome:
The battery issue was handed to Reece.
I have a new battery. No charge.
2 year warranty was indeed a bumper to bumper (I know, there's only one bumper. But it's in the spirit of the term).
I'm happy....
Excellent resolution!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:26 PM   #56

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Before anyone goes ballistic from this post, I am not trying to pick on or criticize the OP for this.

I think this long thread illustrates that the best place to deal with any perceived problem with any ETI policies is with ETI. Reace and Tammy are very hands on owners and if you feel like you are not getting the outcome you want, asking to have contact directly with one of them usually resolves problems one way or another. ETI had grown to the point where new people are hired regularly and it is always possible that someone has given you misinformation or just plain made a mistake. (By and large you will get precisely correct info from all the employees, so I am not recommending that everything you can think of be referred to Reace or Tammy - they have too much to do as it is)

Folks here can help solve a problem you might be having with some system, or suggestions for mods or a myriad of other things. But, no one on this forum is qualified to explain ETI policies, no one can explain why ETI will or will not do a special request, those are the domain of and decisions of the owners of ETI.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:43 PM   #57

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Contact

Hi Eric
Right you are on your recommendation and on your assessment of the ETI operation. I was there a week ago last Monday and had solar installed on the 21. I did not speak to Reace or Tammy but can report that the folks in the office and the hard working Nigel, all had a good handle on everything and treated me very well. These people really care and that's pretty rare these days. When you find a business with this level of attention in Canada or in the USA patronize them and take satisfaction in knowing you've helped preserve the small business model our counties need and have too little of.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-26-2017, 06:05 PM   #58

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I an very glad to read that your problem was resolved fairly and to your satisfaction .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:16 AM   #59

Trailer: 17
Glad to hear WWHM, thanks for the update. We just need Brenda(blhvet) and Tisiphone's bent awning arms resolved some how and I think takes care of anyone left on the forum to gocamp

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...tml#post211723

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...tml#post211946
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote