Water pump won't shut off until housing tapped - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2016, 01:40 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
The Artic replacement pump worked for a short while then began running all the time. It did pump water. I tried the adjustment as shown above but with no success. I asked Escape for a replacement and they said that Artis wants to deal directly with US customers. I called them. They told me that their pumps have a 2 year warranty. They told me that the adjustment instructions from Escape were wrong. You should turn the bypass adjustment all the way in, not all the way out, then adjust the pressure setting. I tried that but no luck, the pump still runs all the time. I sent the warranty paperwork to them and got an RA number, and I mailed the pump to them today. I hope they are as prompt in getting me a good pump as they are in getting me an RA number as right now I have no pump in place so the water system is out of commission.
Isn't this a lot of fun ? Changed mine (Shurflo) out 3 times now . Laying on your side is not fun . I made a access so I can get to pump from top . Made a trap door in bed frame . I am going with another pump called Remco when it goes again . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Isn't this a lot of fun ? Changed mine (Shurflo) out 3 times now . Laying on your side is not fun . I made a access so I can get to pump from top . Made a trap door in bed frame . I am going with another pump called Remco when it goes again . Pat
Reading this doesn't make me feel so bad that I have a new spare pump on board. You just never know. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Reading this doesn't make me feel so bad that I have a new spare pump on board. You just never know. Loren
Loren ,considering , that is a smart idea . Pat
Old 08-16-2016, 03:52 PM   #24

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
water pumps

We have a pressure water pump in our boat shureflow (I think) I just turn on the switch and pump what I need and turn it off . It's supposed to work by turning on the faucets but I find if I use switch the pump doesn't burn out

Now on our Snoozy we had a pressure water pump and it would turn on to pressure the system we ended up putting an accumulator on (small pressure tank like on a well) and it worked so much better . It always turned off after it cycled itself with the accumulator it did not cycle as much . I'm hoping that ETI did not get a bad bunch of Chinese pumps
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
We have a pressure water pump in our boat shureflow (I think) I just turn on the switch and pump what I need and turn it off . It's supposed to work by turning on the faucets but I find if I use switch the pump doesn't burn out

Now on our Snoozy we had a pressure water pump and it would turn on to pressure the system we ended up putting an accumulator on (small pressure tank like on a well) and it worked so much better . It always turned off after it cycled itself with the accumulator it did not cycle as much . I'm hoping that ETI did not get a bad bunch of Chinese pumps
Have always just turned pump on when needed, then turn off . You tell me ? Pat
Old 08-16-2016, 05:24 PM   #26

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We turn off ours when not in use, habit I guess. Unless you have a leak in the water system, turning off the pump only saves you the power to light the LED indicator. I suppose if you sprung a leak having it off would avoid a flood.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:32 AM   #27

water pumps

Pat I was referring to my boat water pump there is a switch that turns on pump which I use to wash hands or whatever and then turn it off .Same pump as a RV .
With our Snoozy there was a Master switch that turned on all 12 volt in RV then there was another switch for turning on water pump .If we were on city water this water switch would be off . But if we needed water and no City water we would turn on water switch We never had a problem with pump in 3 years .
We did have a leak in the Cassette toilet which we fixed and put in water turnoff for bathroom .I've added a water turnoff in my new 21 also . I don't know why there are all these water pump problems in Escape trailers bad batch ??
Old 08-17-2016, 09:39 AM   #28

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
I'm more than concerned about all the water pump failures. I'm pretty resourceful but admit I'm clueless about the water pump.

So what's the best advice for "first aid" for a failing water pump? If it's disconnected from power, that enough?

Greg
Old 08-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
I'm more than concerned about all the water pump failures. I'm pretty resourceful but admit I'm clueless about the water pump.

So what's the best advice for "first aid" for a failing water pump? If it's disconnected from power, that enough?

Greg
Hi: Greggo... Our pump failed internally. The bypass stayed open allowing city water line to feed into the fresh water tank and then pour out of the overflow. The only solution was a new pump. After changing it out I added a 3' length of reinforced potable water line to isolate the pump from the pex line. AHH!!! quieted pump. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #30

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
First thing to do if your water pump "quits" is to remove the faucet aerator and clean out any debris. Make sure you pay attention to how the pieces fit together.
Water pump works like a gas pump. When it senses back pressure, it shuts off. Debris creates back pressure.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #31

Quote:
Pat I was referring to my boat water pump there is a switch that turns on pump which I use to wash hands or whatever and then turn it off .Same pump as a RV .
With our Snoozy there was a Master switch that turned on all 12 volt in RV then there was another switch for turning on water pump .If we were on city water this water switch would be off . But if we needed water and no City water we would turn on water switch We never had a problem with pump in 3 years .
We did have a leak in the Cassette toilet which we fixed and put in water turnoff for bathroom .I've added a water turnoff in my new 21 also . I don't know why there are all these water pump problems in Escape trailers bad batch ??
Very possible , it 's not only Escape with this problem . When number 4 comes around going with a different pump and it is more money , says made in USA . For how cheap these pumps we are using that may be the answer starts with a c . Pat
Old 08-17-2016, 11:06 AM   #32

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
going with a different pump and it is more money , says made in USA .
That's probably not the pump. Probably is the box it comes in that is made in USA.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #33

Quote:
Very possible , it 's not only Escape with this problem . When number 4 comes around going with a different pump and it is more money , says made in USA . For how cheap these pumps we are using that may be the answer starts with a c . Pat
Going to look at Remco pumps for next break down . Pat
Old 08-17-2016, 01:39 PM   #34

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
After changing it out I added a 3' length of reinforced potable water line to isolate the pump from the pex line. AHH!!! quieted pump. Alf
How did adding a 3' length of water line isolate the pump from the pex line?
Old 08-19-2016, 09:57 AM   #35

pumps

I hope we don't have these problems when we get our 21 in Nov. Maybe putting on an accumulator (pressures the water ) so pump won't come on/off so often it worked on my Lil Snoozy so we will see .I hope Escape is using the best water pump out there how much more would a better pump cost ? $$
The sure-flo pump on my boat is the second pump (boat is 12 years old)but the pump is probably 10-15 years old found in my buddy's garage years ago but was made in the USA back then .
Old 08-19-2016, 08:43 PM   #36

Quote:
I hope we don't have these problems when we get our 21 in Nov. Maybe putting on an accumulator (pressures the water ) so pump won't come on/off so often it worked on my Lil Snoozy so we will see .I hope Escape is using the best water pump out there how much more would a better pump cost ? $$
The sure-flo pump on my boat is the second pump (boat is 12 years old)but the pump is probably 10-15 years old found in my buddy's garage years ago but was made in the USA back then .
Hope you have good luck . Just having to replace a 22 year old Shurflo , it still works but is leaking a little on the water distiller . Pat
Old 08-19-2016, 08:54 PM   #37

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Has anyone asked Escape if they will install an accumulator as part of the build?
It seems like a pretty easy aftermarket installation though, as long as there is space for it.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:09 AM   #38

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Don't see where anyone answered this... Adding the "flexible" length or reinforced hose on the input and output of RV water pumps quiets the pump. Must absorb some of the water surge I guess.

Here's the after market kit many folks install. https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-94-59.../dp/B000WN5F96
Old 08-20-2016, 05:25 AM   #39

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Hi: bdornbush... Sorry I didn't answer but we were on the road. Adding a 3' loop of mesh 60psi potable water hose from the pump to the Pex cold water line isolates the pump vibration from the water lines. It still makes some noise... more a purr than a roar!!! Hear kitty kitty. Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:49 AM   #40

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Don't see where anyone answered this... Adding the "flexible" length or reinforced hose on the input and output of RV water pumps quiets the pump. Must absorb some of the water surge I guess.

Here's the after market kit many folks install. https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-94-59.../dp/B000WN5F96
Escape is now doing this as standard, I was told.