Water Tank Funnel - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2021, 11:51 AM   #1
RJV

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Water Tank Funnel

A short time ago I read a thread inquiring about where to get a funnel that has the elbow necessary to allow one to fill the water tank from a jug or Jerry can. I stumbled on a novel and cheap solution that fits the bill perfectly. I took a plastic water bottle (in this case it was a Pellegrino bottle) and cut the centre section out of it. The collar at the top of the bottle fits PERFECTLY (tight enough to hold the bottle in place as I pour).
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6021.jpg   IMG_6020.jpg  
RJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 12:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Great “field expedient” solution!
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:05 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 21NE
I while back I picked up one of these. I will probably never use it, but I have it with me just in case.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Amel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA Sold
We have one of those and use it all the time. Works very well.

Sometimes not having any idea where we're going works out better than we could possibly have imagined. Ann Patchett
runnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:29 PM   #5

Trailer: 19 Escape, arrived March 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amel View Post
I while back I picked up one of these. I will probably never use it, but I have it with me just in case.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I use one of these all the time. It's very convenient if your hose turn on is not next to your trailer. Close the valve on the Campco. Insert into trailer inlet. Turn on your hose. Go to trailer and open valve . . . No wasted water. Fill tank. Close Campco valve. Turn off water supply.
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:39 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I find holding up a heavy water jug while it slowly pours down the tube into the fresh water tank to be a bit taxing given the weight of water. Furthermore, with a 5 gallon jug and a fresh water tank holding approximately 30 gallons it has to be repeated 5 times if the intent is to fill the tank. So in those rare cases where I do not have city water, an empty fresh water tank, and water is available from a spigot in the area, I have a couple of collapsible 5 gallon water jugs. I fill them up on the tailgate of my truck, back up beside the trailer and use a Mega Siphon / Safety Siphon to accomplish the transfer with little effort. These self priming siphons are available from Amazon and other sources. Put the business end into the fill tube, and pump the siphon end up snd down in the jug until flow starts.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:57 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
The cap on my water jug has a removable plastic valve. The cap is threaded 3/4" NPT National Pipe Taper, a common plumbing thread. I bought a brass fitting that screws in with a hose barb, and found a short piece of clear reinforced hose and that's what I use. I have 2 tanks and fill them 2/3 full.