We Got Our Escape! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2022, 08:11 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
We Got Our Escape!

I am happy to report that we have upgraded from our Casita, and are the now the owners of a lovely 2019 Escape 21C, originally purchased and cared for by buellfire, who was convinced to part with it only after securing his own upgrade, a 25’ Bigfoot. Of course, not everyone here will consider a Bigfoot an upgrade, but they are more spacious, fully four-season, and the 25s come with dry baths.

After leaving Massachusetts on April 11th, and traveling to Kentucky, by Interstates and motels, we have embarked on a southern ’sea trial’ of the new-to-us Escape. In essentials, of course, Escapes are not far different from Casitas, but this one has a solar panel and inverter, electric jack and awning, and an Equalizer E2 WD hitch. Shawn was endlessly forthcoming at explaining the ins and outs of these devices, and we had the considerable pleasure of spending time with him and his wife Missy, while staying at a quirky little place called Rabbit Hash.

From there we have made visits to the General Butler State Park (KY), the Monte Santo State Park (AL, near Huntsville), the DeSoto Falls State Park (GA, in the Chattahoochee National Forest), the Sesquecentennial State Park (near Columbia, SC), and are now in a commercial park (full of giant motorhomes) near Charleston, SC, called Oak Plantation. From here it’s up to the Jordan Lake State Recreation Area (west of Raleigh, NC), and thence to Powhatan, VA, where daughter Sarah and family live. After a few days there, we’ll head home, likely with an overnight stop at a PA state park (maybe Locust Lake).

It’s a lengthy ‘trial’, but helpful in getting to know our bigger ‘little house’ on wheels. I’ve already started a list of mods and a fix or two that I can address when we get home. So more to come, by way of questions for sure, for the community here.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7450_thumb.jpg  
Old 04-28-2022, 08:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Congratulations. We were in Rabbit Hash two days ago and now at Land Between the Lakes.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:16 PM   #3

Trailer: cancelled
Congratulations!
Reimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Woo-Hoo! Yeah, BF's are an upgrade IF you like a dinette NOT in the back and have a 3/4 Ton truck! For many Bigger Is Better- TETO.
Old 04-29-2022, 05:52 AM   #5

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:00 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Now go out and wash off the dirt and get ready to attend Osoyoos Escape Rally, one of the prettiest places we have ever been to.....
Old 04-29-2022, 07:14 AM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
Looks like your perseverance really paid off.

Congratulations and happy travels.
nepaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:35 AM   #8

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Congrats and enjoy!
Old 04-29-2022, 10:30 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Congratulations. We were in Rabbit Hash two days ago and now at Land Between the Lakes.
Am I correct that Rabbit Hash is not far from Monkey's Paw, and just across the river from Metropolis, Ill (Home of Superman)? Land between the Lakes is very pleasant this time of year
Old 04-29-2022, 02:10 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0 on order- ETA 06/2024
Congratulations! May it bring you many years of adventures and happiness!
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 09:40 AM   #11

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
Lynn,

It was a pleasure to meet you and Jane, I am very happy that you guys ended up with our former Escape. Missy named our Bigfoot "Biggie", it is certainly wider than the Escape and the width is noticeable when towing on tight roads. I wish you guys nothing but safe travels, sunny days, and clear sky's at night.

Shawn
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 10:18 AM   #12

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellfire View Post
Lynn,

It was a pleasure to meet you and Jane, I am very happy that you guys ended up with our former Escape. Missy named our Bigfoot "Biggie", it is certainly wider than the Escape and the width is noticeable when towing on tight roads. I wish you guys nothing but safe travels, sunny days, and clear sky's at night.

Shawn
Hi, Shawn and Missy!

We can attest that their Escape was very well cared for, since Shawn and Missy were our Ambassadors. Gave us positive assurance we made the right choice purchasing a new Escape of our own. Thank you, guys!

FYI, Shawn and Missy, our 21C just left the initial production line. If all goes as planned, we’ll be picking up in Sumas around Memorial Day (a change from Bozeman) and hitting Yellowstone and Grand Teton NPs on the way home.

Enjoy your beautiful NTU Escape, Lynn and Jane, and happy travels in “Biggie,” Shawn and Missy! We can’t wait to get out there on our adventures too!
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:43 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
I should have mentioned that we discovered when we got to Union, KY, that the lift back of our 2013 Ford Expedition would not clear the power tongue jack. So Shawn helped me find a longer replacement shank for the Equalizer E2 WD hitch at an RV dealer in the area, drove me out to get it, and then installed it for me!

This was way above and beyond the call of duty, and I want to express my gratitude. I had zero experience with this device, and would have been pretty well lost without his help. Thanks, Shawn!