We joined HarvestHosts Any suggestions? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2021, 12:25 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
thank you for the awesome photos!
stpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:56 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Hey Guys:

In an effort to liven up the travel routes this year, we joined Harvesthosts.com. I love the idea of camping at wineries and breweries. So does my wife.

I was wondering if there are any tips or suggestions from those that have used their services.

I m particularly interested in California (North), Colorado, Michigan and the North East. Covid allowing, got a few trips we are looking at.

Thanks.
We stayed at Nelson Family Vineyards outside of Ukiah in the fall. I'd recommend it. If you are headed down to Central Coast area, there are a few in the Paso Robles area, great wine country.

Larry
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:01 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmitch View Post
Harvest Hosts also has a golf up grade. I have stayed at three courses. Fun because once they close you have the whole place to yourself.
WHOA....wait a minute....I’ll definitely need some more info on this now! Can you expound a bit on the golf course stay? Stay in the parking lot? Paid for a round? Get out and hit a few holes after closing??!!!!
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:09 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tford View Post
WHOA....wait a minute....I’ll definitely need some more info on this now! Can you expound a bit on the golf course stay? Stay in the parking lot? Paid for a round? Get out and hit a few holes after closing??!!!!
https://harvesthosts.com/rv-camping/...-possibilites/
Old 02-19-2021, 10:22 AM   #25

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
That’s the company line....I’d love to hear what actual users have to say, and what their experiences at golf course stays were!
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:07 PM   #26

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA The Glass Inn
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmitch View Post
Harvest Hosts also has a golf up grade. I have stayed at three courses. Fun because once they close you have the whole place to yourself.
OK I started the Harvest Host golf thing so I will expound. The rules are different at each golf course. Some require you to book a round some do not. The general Harvest Host rule is you spend $20 at the property. At a golf course that could be in the club house, at the driving range, in a restaurant, or playing the course. All courses are different and options range from local courses to top line country clubs. I have done 3 golf course stays.
1. Carson Valley Golf course in Gardnerville Nevada. They were very nice and directed us to a spot on the edge of their parking lot under some trees. Played the course, very fun, had a drink at the clubhouse, spent a very quiet night all by ourselves.
2. Sea Pines Golf Resort in Los Osos California. This is on the south end of Morro Bay.
Very nice 9 hole course With a small resort built around it. Great views and a very nice neighborhood to walk around, great access to Morro Bay nature area. Nice staff but the site in the parking lot was not level, took a lot of blocking. Played the course and had fun but it was very foggy and hard to see. Very quiet and comfortable night by ourselves.
3. The Links at Summerly Lake Elsinore California I was going to play this course any way with two friends, it's about 50 miles from where I live. So the wife and I made it into a short getaway, we also went to a winery in Temecula the next night. The course is a very nice links style course. We had the entire place to ourselves. Next day my friends came down and we played the course. After we played they went home. The wife and I continued to another harvest host, Sweet Oaks winery in Temecula. We had a great winery tour and tasting. Then safe nights sleep on a beautiful property.

So far all my Harvest Host stays have been very nice.
rmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:39 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA 2019
We became a host site for Harvest Hosts in the fall of 2019. We love meeting other RVers and have used the program ourselves a few times. We have had a great experience with it. If you have any questions about what it is like to be on the 'host' side, I would be happy to offer my thoughts.
Craig.Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:11 PM   #28

Trailer: 2011 17B; Prior-2009 Escape-13B
Harvest Host

I've been to 2 HH sites in Washington and Oregon - both a success, both had a 2-night stay minimum.
While not free, you might try HipCamp.com to broaden your options. It's like B&B for private property owners who create RV or tent sites on their acreage. I've done 3 of these in Washington. Rates were $30, 35 and 40 a night, with the latter a full hook-up.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #29

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA The Glass Inn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig.Kathy View Post
We became a host site for Harvest Hosts in the fall of 2019. We love meeting other RVers and have used the program ourselves a few times. We have had a great experience with it. If you have any questions about what it is like to be on the 'host' side, I would be happy to offer my thoughts.
What kind of facility do you have and where.
rmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:29 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA 2019
We are a family farm in SW Minnesota. A very convenient spot for folks traveling on I90. On the Harvest Host site, our farm is called "Fransen's Farm".
Craig.Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:07 PM   #31

Trailer: 2022 21C Escape
New to HH

I will be using HH on my trip out west this year. I am excited to meet the owners at these small American enterprises. Thanks for all the information and yes, I will bookmark the host in MN as I will be up there next year..
I will buy stuff for other people at the wineries and dinner at the golf courses since I don't drink or play golf. I will also be using some of the other camping memberships others mentioned.
Oh, and the views and posts about New Zealand? That sounds like a really rough job covering wineries.. How did you know New Zealand is on my big bucket list dream trip?... That is what winter is for, planning trips and dreaming of camping .....right?
ebike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:52 PM   #32

Trailer: 2022 21C Escape
Quote:
We are a family farm in SW Minnesota. A very convenient spot for folks traveling on I90. On the Harvest Host site, our farm is called "Fransen's Farm".
I will definitely be making a stop at your place next year. My husband's family is from NW Iowa and MN. It so reminds me of their childhood farm. I love all the photos. Beautiful .. can't wait to stop in.
ebike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:22 PM   #33

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Nice seeing a viewpoint from the other side...especially from an Escape person. I have a 5.0 on order... I would love to see a family farm... I have no experience with that.