Weighing the options / split from It's Friday - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 551
Weighing the options / split from It's Friday

OK, this was good. I'm still trying to find my way around the Forum. Thanks so much jamman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
Use SEARCH - google search at the bottom of the dropdown. Put in 17B pictures:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...bunk-2850.html
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...tion-2270.html
__________________

__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
末 C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Missoula, Montana
Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
Posts: 386
And if you look at my profile, ksitte, you'll see an entire album of 17B pics.

Escape Trailer Owners Community - ksitte's Album: Former Escape 17B, SittEscape
__________________

__________________
2018 Escape 19: Last Best Escape
2015 Escape 19 (previous): Escape Goats
2011 Escape 17 (previous): SittEscape

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 551
Oh, I love it -- starting to actually feel what it is like inside. And great to see the solar panel. Very cool name, also!
Thank you, ksitte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksitte View Post
And if you look at my profile, ksitte, you'll see an entire album of 17B pics.

Escape Trailer Owners Community - ksitte's Album: Former Escape 17B, SittEscape
__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
末 C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Olympia wa, Washington
Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Posts: 2,218
no problem love your photos cant seem to figure out how to post my own pictures but will post some some day! LOVE my trailer! thank you for selling it to me and keeping it in such great shape!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #5
Member
 
Dave&Jane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Logan, Utah
Trailer: Escape 17B (2014)
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDarby View Post
And great to see the solar panel.
EDarby, ETI installs a larger solar panel now. You can see this 160-watt panel in this photo (taken at Idaho's City of Rocks NR). Other options visible in this view include the the high-lift axle, "air-conditioner ready", additional LED brake lights, front storage box and (barely visible on the back bumper) dual 6-volt batteries and bike-rack-ready.

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails
CityOfRocks.jpg  
__________________
Dave and Jane
Logan, Utah
Dave&Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 551
Great shot and great information. Do you think you will get the air conditioner? Also, do you think it's worth the money to get the front storage box? I read somewhere in the forum that in the 17', some equipment sits in the box and takes up room
Thanks for much for posting!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Jane View Post
EDarby, ETI installs a larger solar panel now. You can see this 160-watt panel in this photo (taken at Idaho's City of Rocks NR). Other options visible in this view include the the high-lift axle, "air-conditioner ready", additional LED brake lights, front storage box and (barely visible on the back bumper) dual 6-volt batteries and bike-rack-ready.

-Dave
__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
末 C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
markvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Trailer: Escape 19 26/May/2014 Sold New trailer 2016 Bigfoot 25B21FB
Posts: 449
Hi Ellen,
All I can say I ordered my 19 footer without the front storage box and now i could kick myself for not ordering one. There's are things like the wet dirty RV mat that you don't want to store in your vehicle or your trailer and I think that the front storeage box would be the ideal spot for thing like that.
Mark
__________________
______________________

Mark & Karen Van Tiem 2014 Escape 19 sold, Now a Bigfoot 25B21FB Travel Trailer
markvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 551
Good to know. I actually do not even know yet all the things I will be needing for the different systems that are better stored outside the trailer.
Thanks, Mark!


Quote:
Originally Posted by markvt View Post
Hi Ellen,
All I can say I ordered my 19 footer without the front storage box and now i could kick myself for not ordering one. There's are things like the wet dirty RV mat that you don't want to store in your vehicle or your trailer and I think that the front storeage box would be the ideal spot for thing like that.
Mark
__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
末 C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #9
Member
 
bolerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
Trailer: 2013 17B, 2011 Honda Ridgeline
Posts: 52
Question Black streaking from rubber window seals

Does anyone have a cure for the constant streaking coming down from the black window seals.
bolerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:59 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 5,136
Looking closely, we have black streaking coming down all over, not only below windows. This has been mentioned by someone else who thought it was acid rain or the like and that seems to be the case. We can wash the Escape and immediately have streaks from the roof when it appeared the roof was clean. Not impossible that the roof is just not getting completely clean and dirt is still coming off of there.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:06 AM   #11
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,903
Front storage box also is a great rock guard. ETI has it coated with a bed-liner material so you don't notice nicks
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:31 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 17,130
Turtle Wax Bug 'n' Tar will remove the black streaks with little effort.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:36 AM   #13
Member
 
Dave&Jane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Logan, Utah
Trailer: Escape 17B (2014)
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDarby View Post
Do you think you will get the air conditioner? Also, do you think it's worth the money to get the front storage box? I read somewhere in the forum that in the 17', some equipment sits in the box and takes up room
Ellen,

We LOVE the front storage box! It holds all our "outside stuff", like wheel chocks, leveler, door mat, camp chairs, water hose, extension cord, hitch tools, etc., and it also avoids the need for the optional exterior access hatch. I believe the batteries on the 15-foot Escape are located in the front storage box, but not for the 17.

We have no plans for AC at this time since we visit cooler locations during the hot seasons. Also, AC is not compatible with our usual off-the-grid camping style. However, the AC ready option gives us (or a new owner) the ability to add it later.

-Dave
__________________
Dave and Jane
Logan, Utah
Dave&Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:14 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Olympia wa, Washington
Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Posts: 2,218
The frount storage box is excellent
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:42 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Posts: 7,124
You can redirect the black streaks some by installing stick on EZE rain gutter. Other then that you'd have to park it inside.

Essential Products RV & Marine
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:41 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
skiman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Jeromesville, Ohio
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDarby View Post
Great shot and great information. Do you think you will get the air conditioner? Also, do you think it's worth the money to get the front storage box? I read somewhere in the forum that in the 17', some equipment sits in the box and takes up room
Thanks for much for posting!
Other than the no crawl over each other bed, front storage is my favorite thing about my 21'.
__________________
Carl,

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 551
Thanks, Dave! Yeah, I guess that stuck with me because the 15' was my original choice. So I will definitely go with the storage box.

I kind of thought your options were geared towards off-the-grid--mine will be as well. And very smart to have AC-ready for resale, or for yourself if you ever choose.

Good info--thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Jane View Post
Ellen,

We LOVE the front storage box! It holds all our "outside stuff", like wheel chocks, leveler, door mat, camp chairs, water hose, extension cord, hitch tools, etc., and it also avoids the need for the optional exterior access hatch. I believe the batteries on the 15-foot Escape are located in the front storage box, but not for the 17.

We have no plans for AC at this time since we visit cooler locations during the hot seasons. Also, AC is not compatible with our usual off-the-grid camping style. However, the AC ready option gives us (or a new owner) the ability to add it later.

-Dave
__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
末 C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 551
Hi skiman!

Thank you again for the great tour of your 21'. Cannot believe how much has happened, Escape-wise, since my son and I were there a mere couple of weeks ago. It's a whole new world and so darn exciting.

Another vote for the storage. Thanks!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
Other than the no crawl over each other bed, front storage is my favorite thing about my 21'.
__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
末 C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
OneOleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 2015 17B Sold 5/2016
Posts: 343
Ellen, I知 getting both the A/C and the box. Originally it was going to be only 鄭/C Ready then I realized paying $250 for that now then another $800+ later for the A/C was rather false economy. The box? Don稚 wanna store grubby stuff in the trailer.
__________________
Pat
Life is Good
When "Escaping Reality" Sold 5/2016
2012 4Runner
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 551
Thanks for the input, Pat!
I'd like to get the A/C when I order but just concerned about $. Will have to see how my Build Sheet totals out as I get closer finalizing. But will definitely get the box. I get it now about keeping the extras out of the trailer. Thanks!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOleMan View Post
Ellen, I知 getting both the A/C and the box. Originally it was going to be only 鄭/C Ready then I realized paying $250 for that now then another $800+ later for the A/C was rather false economy. The box? Don稚 wanna store grubby stuff in the trailer.
__________________

__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
末 C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×