Wet Baths....Problem or Not? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmull View Post
We extended the rod and now use a full size shower curtain, with suction cups. We drag the curtain across the toilet area and attach it to the wall with the suction hooks. There's some condensation, but no shower water in the toilet area.
P.S. The other end of the curtain goes across door.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:56 AM   #42

Trailer: Coleman Bayside
It's no problem, we keep a squeegee to wipe down walls. Toilet seat doesn't get wet under it's cover. The shower works so well. It's just a process to remember to tuck in the toilet paper under it's cover, remember to open the drain. We found a perfect bath Matt at a Dollar Tree. It's really just a new approach. I love ours in our 19 Escape. We have traveled full time in it for 1 year.
mdunkak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:17 AM   #43

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdunkak View Post
It's no problem, we keep a squeegee to wipe down walls. Toilet seat doesn't get wet under it's cover. The shower works so well. It's just a process to remember to tuck in the toilet paper under it's cover, remember to open the drain. We found a perfect bath Matt at a Dollar Tree. It's really just a new approach. I love ours in our 19 Escape. We have traveled full time in it for 1 year.
Your profile could use an edit to show the Escape instead of the Coleman.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:25 AM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
If you’re ordering new , make sure you order the optional outside shower , that way the issues with the wet bath are eliminated
Hi: steve dunham... You can also do what I do. Get "Drycleaned"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:27 AM   #45

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Plan View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum. I've been researching a lot of RVs (mainly travel trailers and small 5th wheels) off and on over the last year, but I haven't been real impressed by most of the RV construction out there, until I came across the fiberglass RVs made by Escape and Oliver. Oliver, although very nice, is a bit out of my league price-wise, which makes the Escape the sweet spot. However, most fiberglass RV manufacturers only include wet baths, not dry baths. Are there any Escape members out there that regret having wet baths in their Escape RVs instead of a dry bath? My wife doesn't like the idea of needing to use the toilet in the wet bath if it's still soaking wet from me taking a shower. How do you all circumvent this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
The wet bath is certainly not something you'd want if you had infinite space, but in a trailer of this size, there are inevitable trade-offs. I'm 6'2 and find it very workable.

We still use the occasional campground shower and frequently use the outside shower on our 21C. We did get a pop up shower tent to use outside.

When using the inside shower, we tend to shower in the evening. I'll do a wipe down and then leave the fan running for awhile--the airflow does a good job drying out the bath area. In the morning the bathroom has dried out completely.
cityofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:57 PM   #46

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We always install a raised wooden bath floor in the Escape baths, allows use since the wooden part seems to dry more quickly than the the walls.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:18 PM   #47

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I love having a wet bath. A dedicated shower seems a waste of space to me. And when we are boondocking and minimizing water going into our grey tank we let the shower water flow into the toilet. This is especially useful when you are waiting for the water to warm up.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:38 PM   #48

Trailer: pending
YOU are the guy ! use Red Green logic, LESS SHOWERS for you ! Last thing you want is a cranky wife in the confines of a trailer. No basement to hide in !
Dee Lirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:25 PM   #49

Trailer: "The Roadrunner" 2021 Escape 5.0
Was that custom made or did you order it?
Buzz505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:29 PM   #50
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I love having a wet bath. A dedicated shower seems a waste of space to me. And when we are boondocking and minimizing water going into our grey tank we let the shower water flow into the toilet. This is especially useful when you are waiting for the water to warm up.
I stopper the bathroom sink, turn on the pure hot water, and wait til the water in the sink is properly warm. shut off the water, use a dripping wet facecloth to wipe myself down, scrubbing the funk out of my armpits etc. half the time, that's as far as I need to go, other times, I break out the soap, soap all over, then more facecloth to mostly rinse this away, then FINALLY turn on the showerrhead and rinse off all over. ditto my weekly shampoo obviously uses the showerhead.

I got my wife doing partial spongebaths now too, at Lake Casitas, we stretched our grey tank for 6 nights and just got above the 2/3rds full LED.

I'd really like to install an outside shower with a very low volume spritzer head.

oh yeah, we have a couple pieces of this plastic shower floor tile stuff in the bathroom, keeps the floor cleaner, and stays drier than the floor itself does. We tried a bamboo shower floor thing but it got mildewy :-/
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 06:59 AM   #51

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
It used to cost me $$$ (Absolute) to get my wife to take shower outside.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:21 AM   #52

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
use a dripping wet facecloth to wipe myself down, scrubbing the funk out of my armpits etc. half the time, that's as far as I need to go, other times, I break out the soap, soap all over, then more facecloth to mostly rinse this away, then FINALLY turn on the showerrhead and rinse off all over.
We take navy showers all the time, but first at the kitchen sink we run water for a few seconds and then fill the bottom of our plastic dish washing tub with too much water. We then take that tub and place it on the toilet and start washing. When done we'll pour the remaining tub water over our head, a poor use of that water. Been doing that scenario since our first popup.

And then I read your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I stopper the bathroom sink, turn on the pure hot water, and wait til the water in the sink is properly warm. shut off the water,
By using this obvious method, we won't waste water by waiting for it to get warm, putting too much in the tub, and poorly rinsing with that partially soapy water.

Up until now we saw no reason for that sink in the bathroom. Now we been enlightened!

Just when you think you know it all, someone shows you the obvious!

Thanks John,

Perry
Old 11-04-2020, 10:05 AM   #53

Please post a picture of the shower curtain you installed.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:01 AM   #54
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Shower Miser System

Just found an interesting water saver system, the Shower Miser System.

https://aquaviewinc.com/rv/

Comes standard in some RV's (like the Rockwood GEO Pros)

Basically, looks like when you turn on the hot water, you can direct the water to go back to the fresh water tank, until the blue plastic tube by the sink turns color, indicating the water is hot. Then open the faucet for hot water. Clever. No loss of water in your tanks while waiting for the hot water.

Looks like it can be installed after market - no idea if possible in an Escape.

Since so many Escapers love to boon-dock, seems like this would be a great addition to ETI's plumbing, if possible... -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:21 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
We always install a raised wooden bath floor in the Escape baths, allows use since the wooden part seems to dry more quickly than the the walls.
I'll second the wooden floor suggestion. We use one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

It takes a little headroom out of the way and I can no longer stand completely up, but I still think it was a great add. Not only does the bathroom stay drier, but the textured floor always looked grungy before we added the wooden mat.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:11 PM   #56

Thank you!
Old 11-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #57

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I've never understood the attraction of a wood grate on the shower floor. We've had wood grates in boats for the last 30 years. Hate them, use them a few times and guess what you'll be doing. Taking them up, cleaning hair and other stuff out of the grate etc. No thanks, happy to have a nice easy to wipe clean and dry floor in the Escape.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 04:44 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I've never understood the attraction of a wood grate on the shower floor. We've had wood grates in boats for the last 30 years. Hate them, use them a few times and guess what you'll be doing. Taking them up, cleaning hair and other stuff out of the grate etc. No thanks, happy to have a nice easy to wipe clean and dry floor in the Escape.

Ron
Ours slides over far enough that I have no problem removing / inserting the drain strainer.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:35 PM   #59

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Use it lots and see if your opinion changes.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #60
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
what I use is two squares of stuff like this, locked together. this covers only maybe half the shower floor...
https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/in...loc-tiles.html

when it gets dirty, I take it outside and hose it off. it dries much faster than the shower floor, so you can stand on it right after taking a shower to use the toilet, and not track water around, ditto your dirty feet or shoes don't leave muddy footprints all over that shiny white floor.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote