What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #181

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captm View Post
Pat and Glenn,
Thank you for the informative replies!
Tim
You are Welcome Tim ! Pat
Old 09-21-2019, 03:31 PM   #182

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Someone should have some build pictures ? Back in 2013 it is 3/8 in ply added in the wall . I think they bumped it up since then maybe 1/2 , not sure . It gives a lot more options for attaching things on your wall . You can’t hang anything just using the panel , you are limited and need to find the framing in the wall to attach to . Added reenforced walls was the first item I asked for in our build , knowing in the future I would need it. You still can reenforce your walls if you have access ,like your closet , just add a backer board across . For answer to your question Escape can give you that answer . Pat
Same with the insides of the seats. I added pieces of 1" X 6" using biscuits and carpenter's glue to support the 300 amp marine switches I installed for the inverter & to replace the battery disconnect. While it would be possible to mount the switches on the skins, I didn't feel that they would be substantial enough for the strong twisting needed to throw the switch.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:42 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Same with the insides of the seats. I added pieces of 1" X 6" using biscuits and carpenter's glue to support the 300 amp marine switches I installed for the inverter & to replace the battery disconnect. While it would be possible to mount the switches on the skins, I didn't feel that they would be substantial enough for the strong twisting needed to throw the switch.
Thanks Jon forgot about that . Yes I had to do reenforcement in dinette seating and upper kitchen cabinet too for battery monitor and dinette for moving and changing to a marine battery switch . Pat
Old 09-21-2019, 04:24 PM   #184

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
After Dave posted the following on the Miss. River Rendezvous thread "Currently the wheels are off one side of the Escape so Rita can polish up the wheel wells," I felt that I just had to clean this very dirty trailer but the weather has not been cooperating. Finally got a break and started, roof done and top half one side and it came another front. It's pouring again now. Oh well, at least our trailer won't be in the "rally" loop so perhaps nobody will see it if I can't get it finished. I did manage to get the front cleaned and waxed a few days ago so hopefully won't pick up too many bugs on the way down to IL.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:35 PM   #185

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Repaired the drain on my black tank , then put 10 gallons of water in tank , praying that I’ve got the leak fixed . Repaired some of the bed bracing that was cracked from the factory , hopefully the creaking and sagging is gone .
Cleaning up the mess tomorrow and then put the bed platform back together , assuming the floor is dry in the morning
Old 09-22-2019, 11:11 PM   #186

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Morning ! Yes I changed the shower hose . Also changed to same hose on the outside shower we have . It is stainless and very flexible . Bought on Amazon about 11.00
The clip I made out of aluminum piece I have , just bent it to what I need . It is for the Oxygenics shower head for travel . It would end up on the floor during travel so this should solve that. Love the Oxygenics cuts the shower water use in half .If you don’t have the extra reinforcement and the little studs aren’t where you need them , just add a backer board across ,in your closet so screws have something to screw into . Pat
Thank you for the information. My new Oxygenics is unwieldy due to the hose being extra long and stiff. Your mod makes better sense than what I have!
Old 09-23-2019, 12:14 AM   #187
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I filled my water tank in preparation for a tuesday mid day launch for 5-6 nights of dry camping.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:37 AM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjay View Post
Thank you for the information. My new Oxygenics is unwieldy due to the hose being extra long and stiff. Your mod makes better sense than what I have!
Your very welcome and Thankyou for the compliment! Pat
Old 09-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I just worked on my presentation at the Mississippi River Rally next week.
I realized I needed some public speaking pointers so I attended a meeting at our nature center on climate change where the speaker displayed a comprehensive knowledge of the topic of the day. I shook his hand and thanked him for visiting our home town. Here’s his picture. Later I took delivery on some 2020 Iowa Road Maps for distribution to visitors to our little piece of heaven on the prairie.
Iowa Dave

He may be asleep behind those Foster Grants!

2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD Diesel 4x4
Old 09-23-2019, 09:27 AM   #190

Quote:
You have to order the reinforcement at time of build process . If not there is just a skin with some framing inside walls . Pat
This is a good picture of a standard framed (not "reinforced") bath wall in a classic 19. There would be another sheet of skin on the outboard side and then the bath shell. I cut through this when recessing a medicine cabinet in the wall.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...tml#post187295
Old 09-23-2019, 10:14 AM   #191

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
Cluxewe, here we come

Does moving and stacking the two cords of firewood that were blocking our Escape's exit route from the driveway qualify as "doing something for our Escape?"

Now we're set for our final trip of the year to Cluxewe, a First Nations-run park on a beautiful river estuary and beach on Northern Vancouver Island. It's a nice quiet place to mark the passage into autumn.

Oh, and I'll also install our never-used spare tire to replace one that's badly worn.

https://cluxeweresort.com/
Old 09-23-2019, 11:08 AM   #192

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
I'm cleaning out and doing laundry from a week at my Ozarks property.

But before I left I did a small mod that brought me the greatest joy. Many thanks to whomever (sorry I don't remember who!) suggested drilling a hole to put a pin to hold open the emergency window! Mine rarely stayed open. I didn't want to spend much time looking for some sort of pin so cut the pointy end off a nail and bent the top around.

I'm also cleaning the dust, bugs, crumbs and pulled pork juice from under my stove top.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7817 1.jpg   IMG_7818.jpg  
Old 09-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
This is a good picture of a standard framed (not "reinforced") bath wall in a classic 19. There would be another sheet of skin on the outboard side and then the bath shell. I cut through this when recessing a medicine cabinet in the wall.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...tml#post187295
Excellent picture Dave and if anyone could find a great picture , your the man ! Pat
Old 09-23-2019, 11:25 AM   #194

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA SOLD
Easy addition to our 5.0TA

I installed this last week, available from Bed Bath & Beyond.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0766a.jpg  
Old 09-23-2019, 11:38 AM   #195
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Finalized a template for a smaller fixed table in our 21. It's 7 inches shorter with 6 inch radiused front corners. No more shoving it back and forth to get in/out of seats...

New table will be wide plank maple; wifey wants to stencil a design on it.

Packed the original factory table away in the shop for when the grandkids camp with us.
Attached Thumbnails
table template.JPG  

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 09-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #196

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Replaced the leaking control valve on the toilet last week. Repaired the cracked rock guard on the the front window, kids with pellet guns damaged it when in storage I think. Replaced the awning. Will be changing the power inlet to a plug in instead of the fixed cord today. A good wash and wax before putting it to bed for the season.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #197

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Dexter parts

As an end-of-summer present for our Escape, I finally got around to ordering Timken wheel bearings and some dual lip wheel seals, to carry in our Escape spare parts box. Also included in the order were some brake adjuster slot plugs.

Researched the Dexter website, the Timken website, and this wonderfully informative forum to make sure all numbers were correct. K numbers are Dexter #'s.
Here's a variety of info, including Dexter numbers for complete assemblies. These are correct for our 2015 Escape 17. My understanding is that they are currently correct for all Escape models with 15" wheels, but please verify and respond if you know +/-.

Dexter D35 #10 axle – 10” x 2¼” brakes

Seal kit K71-303-00
( 010-019-00 part number )

Lippert seals (pack of 10): 333961

Inner Brg. kit K71-390-00
Timken set 17: L68111 / L 68149
Outer Brg. kit K71-306-00
Timken set 4: L44610 / L 44649

LH complete brake assy. K23-026-00
RH complete brake assy. K23-027-00

Shoe & lining kit (one drum) K71-047-00
Magnet kit (one drum) K71-104-00
Adjuster slot plug 046-007-00
Old 09-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #198
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Finalized a template for a smaller fixed table in our 21. It's 7 inches shorter with 6 inch radiused front corners. No more shoving it back and forth to get in/out of seats...

New table will be wide plank maple; wifey wants to stencil a design on it.

Packed the original factory table away in the shop for when the grandkids camp with us.
Added a couple pics to show ingress/egress clearance with the new tabletop design.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2001.jpg   IMG_2002.jpg  

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 09-23-2019, 02:51 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Researched the Dexter website, the Timken website, and this wonderfully informative forum to make sure all numbers were correct. K numbers are Dexter #'s.
Here's a variety of info, including Dexter numbers for complete assemblies. These are correct for our 2015 Escape 17. My understanding is that they are currently correct for all Escape models with 15" wheels, but please verify and respond if you know +/-.
Don: I believe that Escape has always used the Dexter #10 "3500#" axle with 10x2-1/4" brakes for all trailers and the only difference was it was derated (less rubber?) when ETI wanted a different capacity. This includes the earlier classic trailers that had 14" wheels. For example we have two #10 axles rated at 2300# each.

Your numbers above are very useful. The only thing I would add is that if an owner is interested in upgrading to the Nev-R-Adjust brake assemblies the numbers for the complete assemblies would be as follows:
LH K23-468-00
RH K23-469-00
Old 09-24-2019, 11:01 AM   #200

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Nindy, I think it was David Who Travels With Cats who showed that mod, though likely others have done it as well. My son also drilled two holes in the metal arm, so now I have a choice of three window openings. And it doesn't come crashing in when the arm is bumped.