What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 12 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2019, 11:39 AM   #221

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Pat, I hope all is ok in your area. Big fire burning in the wash, I hear. Stay safe. Maybe I'll see you in a couple weeks.
We are ok . They closed all our schools . The 118 is closed going into LA . Didn’t sleep much last night . Every time we tried to sleep ,you got woken by helicopters overhead . After a while gave in and turned on the TV to see what’s going on . Took Murph into vet this morning and will pick him up in a few hours . When we came back into Valley checked to other side . They expect about 10 am winds to kick back up like last night . Should be done with wind by 9 pm tonight and hopefully they get a handle on the fire . Hopefully get to meet in few weeks , really would like to . Thankyou for thinking about us ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #222

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Ask not what you can do for your Escape, but what your Escape can do for you.

Used the trailer in the side yard to make coffee/cook and charge cell phone during the %$#@ 40 hour power outage. Escape to the rescue.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:37 PM   #223

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
More shop work making 3 sets of towel bars for the trailer in the am because it's too cold to go and lie on the concrete doing under trailer insulation.

Those fires continue to be a real horror show. So close to so many houses and seeing some folks homes going up in flames is sickening.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:26 PM   #224

Got the hardest part done. Cut and fitted all the major panels.

I painted them, as before. Probably don't really need to but pink isn't my favorite color. Gotta say, these water borne paints now aren't the latex paints of yesteryear. The surface isn't permeable and it's pretty smooth but it drys easily and sticks like, um, can't use that expression but it sticks pretty darn good.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0027_resize.jpg  
Old 10-13-2019, 03:11 PM   #225

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Very hard to argue against warm feet. Just dragged myself under there to measure.
Attached Thumbnails
undercarriage.jpg  
Old 10-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #226

I measure at both sides. I've had a little bit of difference side to side. I like to cut them so they're a friction fit. It's not really necessary but it's like cutting a dovetail that holds together without glue.

The biggest payback is doing under the dinette area. For us anyway because we often sit there with just socks on.

Ron
Old 10-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #227

RE: just socks at the dinette...My thinking exactly. Is a friction fit the only thing holding a panel in there?
Old 10-13-2019, 07:02 PM   #228

I just checked the long screws coming down through the angle iron are quarter/twenty thread. Think I can work with that.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:06 PM   #229

Friction fit only? You must be jesting, I'm a belt and braces kind of guy. Heck, the friction fit is only for the fun of making a perfect fit. I use panel adhesive and then strapping for a mechanical backup. Overkill for sure and I think that it would be almost impossible for one to fall off. I've almost broken one struggling to get one back out so I could put the adhesive on.

Ron
Old 10-13-2019, 07:10 PM   #230

I know, I know---what was I thinking! Currently thinking about some aluminum straps.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:44 PM   #231

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
Replaced Maxx fan circuit board. Went wacky under warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
maxx fan.jpg  
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #232

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 behind a 2014 Chev Silverado
They are not exactly recent, but the Escape will have to make do with them for awhile.
Attached Thumbnails
New Wheels.jpg  
Old 10-15-2019, 05:46 AM   #233

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Very nice M&E,
Could you please share your source?
Old 10-15-2019, 07:46 AM   #234

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Started fitting my under trailer insulation panels.

Ron
Man, I have had the insulation to do this for 2 1/2 years, and due to other things happening, like falling, vacationing and working on my house project I still have not installed them. Sometime soon.

As we most of the time just wear our shoes inside, keeping feet warm is not an issue, but I would like to do some areas of the floor for the need for comfort when it arises, as well as help keep some heat either in, or out.

Ron, did you just use foam adhesive or a caulk to install the panels?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #235

I sure hope the work I put into doing this produces warm feet. This is all your fault, Ron. Having not opted for the factory undercarriage foam I have yesterday placed myself at the mercy of a pitiless, post-structuralist allegiance to my feet that may end up being no more than an illusion.

Bought a sheet at Home Depot, $22, plus 8 feet of 1 x 1/8” flat aluminum bar, $21. I painted it. Didn’t like the pink color either. Think it is really a kind of mauve. Cutting to fit snugly in there was as Ron says, a great triumph. Decided not to glue it, I don’t know, just in case it would need replacing, I guess.

The crawling around under there, for me, dirty, epic work requiring renunciation of any desire for an afternoon of comfort. Doing the mechanical strapping went the same way. It turned out ugly, might end up as a failure to contain but for now, good enough.
Attached Thumbnails
undercarr4.jpg  
Old 10-15-2019, 11:45 AM   #236

Jim, it varies. The front and rear curve around and turn into the bottom. So water would follow the curve until it meets the foam. Although I do use panel adhesive around the perimeter, which should stop water from finding a gap and getting between the panel and the bottom, I do run a bead of caulking across also.

BTW, one of my next, of many mods , is to install permanent electric heat. What brand of heater did you install?

Myron, read every word I've ever said about installing under floor insulation. Do you find the word "easy". On the 21 I've got to squeeze under either the grey or fresh water tank and then under the axles to get to the center area. Then I usually discover that I'm missing something or other and out I go again. Just finishing up those 2 center panels today and the fronts are easy to fit compared to the center ones.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0030_resize.jpg   IMGP0031_resize.jpg   IMGP0032_resize.jpg  
Old 10-15-2019, 11:59 AM   #237

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 behind a 2014 Chev Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Very nice M&E,
Could you please share your source?
Apologies, I intended to include https://recstuff.com/ in the post about the wheels.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #238

RE: constantly getting out from under there and back again... used muscles I forgot I had... slept like a stone last night.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #239

Trailer: 505 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIJ Michael View Post
They are not exactly recent, but the Escape will have to make do with them for awhile.

LIJ, l want to do that as well. Can you post the wheel size you got. Looks great!
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #240
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I replaced the stove top on our 3-burner+oven stove... one of the metal tabs that locks down the front of the top had broken off... also had to hammer flat one of the hinge strap things on the stove cover that was twisted and mangled.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote