What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 32 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 05:28 AM   #621

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Myron, anyone of your pancake lights can be modified with a single red led wired into the power supply that stays on all the time, but "disappears" when turn on the white light, here is my bath light
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2020, 05:50 AM   #622

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Myron, anyone of your pancake lights can be modified with a single red led wired into the power supply that stays on all the time, but "disappears" when turn on the white light, here is my bath light
Why would you want a light that stays on all the time? I just installed one that can be switched to red or white, depending on the time of day and which you desire.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-08-2020, 06:57 AM   #623

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Your method is fine with the dual switch lights, but the single switch lights would have to have a switch installed, which I did in the E21 or left on, which I did in the E19. a single LED will not draw but minimal current. That way in the middle of the night you do not to have to fumble for the light switch in the bathroom and there is no chance of turning on the wrong light, which we all know blinds you at 2 am!.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:12 AM   #624

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Mine just seemed like a simple solution. No issue at all with switching, left is white and right is red. Easy peasy, and no red light district set up full time. Our small trailers make it pretty easy to move around in the dark to find things, as there is little to learn.

But, like many things, lots of ways to solve them, just do what is easiest and most convenient for yourselves.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-08-2020, 07:15 AM   #625

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
My sensitive eyes are pretty satisfied with this bulb change-out. Not nearly as harsh as the factory choice for them night time necessaries. We do like the red LED's under the range hood as an all night light. Keeps the stumbling to a minimum.
Attached Thumbnails
bathlite.jpg  
Old 01-08-2020, 07:24 AM   #626

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
I bought these red USB Led lights. I just plug them into any USB outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-08-2020, 07:34 AM   #627

Very cool.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:17 PM   #628

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Took a break from my antenna install to open a package of lights.

I like to have all round exterior lighting. Nice to be able to see what's outside in the dark without having to go outside to turn on the light and handy when we have our little dog outside at night. I've already converted the driver's side exterior light to an inside switch.

So I was looking for a couple of suitable led lights to put on the front and rear. Found these, $2.99 CDN a pair! What a deal, how could I not order extra. So I'll put two on the front on the tongue jack post and two on the back under the bumper and have 4 spares.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0016_resize.JPG  
Old 01-08-2020, 04:46 PM   #629

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Looks great Ron.
I like to have some 360 lights as well and I have already purchased ones like we had on our last trailer. However thoughts are mighty fine looking lights for the price...would you mind sharing the link to where you purchased them?

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Old 01-08-2020, 05:21 PM   #630

https://www.amazon.ca/Kohree-Interio...s%2C210&sr=8-6

Don't know if the link will work properly.

I think that the price must be a mistake. They have some others that are $8.09 with a $6 coupon but the math doesn't add up on them either. One pack, $8.09; two pack, $2.99!

At any rate they're the best deal that I've got in awhile.

Ron
Old 01-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #631

Ya, I bought this roll of exterior LED lights I'll probably stick on the outside, for the same reasons. Pretty cheap, and comes with a remote programmed for a whole bunch of colors. My biggest concern is how long their glue surface will hold.
Attached Thumbnails
LEDstrip.jpg  
Old 01-08-2020, 05:34 PM   #632

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Thanks Ron...link worked fine...deal of the day...just placed my order!
Free shipping if you have Prime and no tax. You get a two pack and each light has a clear AND orange lens.
Attached Thumbnails
541F7057-2C9D-4DC1-BE34-ECB9612BD619.jpg   789841C5-315B-4560-AF1B-3E7688688AAB.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Old 01-08-2020, 05:43 PM   #633

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
https://www.amazon.ca/Kohree-Interio...s%2C210&sr=8-6

Don't know if the link will work properly.

I think that the price must be a mistake. They have some others that are $8.09 with a $6 coupon but the math doesn't add up on them either. One pack, $8.09; two pack, $2.99!

At any rate they're the best deal that I've got in awhile.

Ron
Well, I tried! No shipping to US and the Amazon US listing for the same item is higher.

https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-Exteri...8526971&sr=8-1
Old 01-08-2020, 06:28 PM   #634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Thanks Ron...link worked fine...deal of the day...just placed my order!
Free shipping if you have Prime and no tax. You get a two pack and each light has a clear AND orange lens.
Yup, and an extra gasket for the second lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Well, I tried! No shipping to US and the Amazon US listing for the same item is higher.

https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-Exteri...8526971&sr=8-1
Hey, have I got a deal for you, special price for you.

Ron
Old 01-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #635

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I also use amber LED 'candles' as night lights in the trailer, this is the most effective.

this doesn't do it justice, but for a cell phone pic taken in near total darkness it will have to do...

its dim enough that I can go into the trailer, then step back out under a totally dark night sky and not have any impact on my night vision as long as I avoid looking directly at one of the candles.
I like this idea, John. I could keep one or two beside the bed, ready to turn on for trips to the bathroom at night.

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 01-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #636
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
I like this idea, John. I could keep one or two beside the bed, ready to turn on for trips to the bathroom at night.
I just leave one on all night, on the counter near the sink, and another in the bathroom on the suction-cup soap dish...
Old 01-11-2020, 09:23 PM   #637

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
5.0 Expanded Hatch Above The Propane Tanks

I saw a few post where others have opened up the area above the front jacks on the 5.0. I did a quick search but haven't found those posts and as such I can't give credit to the originators of this idea.

We store our Coleman Q1200 in the hatch above the propane tanks which works well for us. Recently we added a Lil Red Campfire to our gear. I decided to open up the space above the passenger side front jack (the drivers side is available as well but would have required rerouting (maybe splicing) of some wiring.

I am happy with the result and ended up with even more space there than I needed for the Lil Red Campfire. I am sure we will soon find that extra space useful as well.

1st Picture is the area before removing the paneling.

I mounted 16" shelf brackets to a piece of plywood and mounted the plywood to the bracing on the rear wall of the area. I then added a 1X2 running N to S to the area where I removed the divider paneling. I placed the new flooring for the compartment onto the braces and the 1X2. The flooring sits on the braces and is scecured with screws into that 1X2. There is about a 1/4" gap between the floor and the Reflectix. I added a small weatherstripping to the outside edges of the flooring thinking that someday I will lay a small item or screw on it only to end up knocking it off into the "jack" compartment.

Tight quarters to work in but I am happy with the results and glad to have an additional storage location for the "Lil Red Campfire".

HOORAY, ALL MY PICTURES CAME OUT RIGHT SIDE UP THIS TIME!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Before Little Red Campfire Mod.jpg   Chasis Little Red Campfire Mod.jpg   Empty Finished Little Red Campfire Mod.jpg   Finished Little Red Campfire Mod (2).jpg  
Old 01-12-2020, 07:19 AM   #638

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
I saw a few post where others have opened up the area above the front jacks on the 5.0. I did a quick search but haven't found those posts and as such I can't give credit to the originators of this idea.

We store our Coleman Q1200 in the hatch above the propane tanks which works well for us. Recently we added a Lil Red Campfire to our gear. I decided to open up the space above the passenger side front jack (the drivers side is available as well but would have required rerouting (maybe splicing) of some wiring.

I am happy with the result and ended up with even more space there than I needed for the Lil Red Campfire. I am sure we will soon find that extra space useful as well.

1st Picture is the area before removing the paneling.

I mounted 16" shelf brackets to a piece of plywood and mounted the plywood to the bracing on the rear wall of the area. I then added a 1X2 running N to S to the area where I removed the divider paneling. I placed the new flooring for the compartment onto the braces and the 1X2. The flooring sits on the braces and is scecured with screws into that 1X2. There is about a 1/4" gap between the floor and the Reflectix. I added a small weatherstripping to the outside edges of the flooring thinking that someday I will lay a small item or screw on it only to end up knocking it off into the "jack" compartment.

Tight quarters to work in but I am happy with the results and glad to have an additional storage location for the "Lil Red Campfire".

HOORAY, ALL MY PICTURES CAME OUT RIGHT SIDE UP THIS TIME!!!
Nice work! That is a good amount of useful space.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:25 AM   #639

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Just looked at mine, never occurred to me to open up that space. How much of a bear is it to work on? Don't know if I bend enough to copy you.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:26 AM   #640

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Just looked at mine, never occurred to me to open up that space. How much of a bear is it to work on? Don't know if I bend enough to copy you.
I am still flexible today, I kinda thought I would feel the effects more. I did the total mod from the top compartment and it definitely required some contortionist moves. I think it would have been much easier to have removed the propane tanks and worked on it from both the top and from under the shelf.
Closed Thread