What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 37 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 07:41 PM   #721

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Cubby pads

I had a moment of inspiration! The little cubbies either side of the bed on the 5.0 are molded plastic. Stuff slides around in them and they make a noise if you are not careful putting stuff back. (Such as a flashlight at 3:00 AM, waking ones partner!) I had some old mouse pads made of neoprene. The back side is black. Easy enough to cut to size. I also added a command hook for my glasses.

Edit: Darn, I keep forgetting to hold my phone in landscape if I want to post here. Could some nice admin rotate these 90 degrees clockwise? Done. Donna D.
Attached Thumbnails
4FF002D1-EC32-4F00-BBF6-21D48D417C79a.jpg   C5A6F607-1E2C-454A-8875-CCE4A5679486a.jpg   13AECB0D-D857-4890-B49B-E4ED19F27F7Da.jpg   7A397F0C-076E-42A9-AACC-9FC7D4F548CDa.jpg  
- Bremerton, WA
Old 02-15-2020, 07:49 PM   #722
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
... I also added a command hook for my glasses.
When I go to bed, I often read for maybe an hour before going to sleep, usually light pulp grade sci-fi/fantasy... seeing as how my 21 has nowhere within reach to put my glasses, I've taken to slipping one earpiece through the strings of the pleated blinds next to the bed.

which is somewhere i can reach after getting out of bed in the morning without having to climb over the bed...

the book I'm reading is almost always an ebook on my tablet, I just slip the tablet between the mattress and the wall.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:59 PM   #723

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
... seeing as how my 21 has nowhere within reach to put my glasses, I've taken to slipping one earpiece through the strings of the pleated blinds next to the bed.

That's fantastic!

the book I'm reading is almost always an ebook on my tablet, I just slip the tablet between the mattress and the wall.
My tablet also lives between the mattress and the wall. I made sure that for my 5.0 build there were USB ports on either side of the bed for our devices!
- Bremerton, WA
Old 02-15-2020, 08:20 PM   #724
Site Team

I should add, although those eyeglasses are quite large (5.35" overall width, with lenses that are 2.25" wide x 1.66" high, they weigh almost nothing. the bifocal lenses are trivex, the frames are thin layered acetate, and the ear temples are very thin titanium. I like big lenses because they fill my whole vision and give me a wide field of view.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:12 PM   #725

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Brilliant John. You have vision.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:52 AM   #726

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Blinding vision, some say.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:05 PM   #727

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I should add, although those eyeglasses are quite large (5.35" overall width, with lenses that are 2.25" wide x 1.66" high, they weigh almost nothing. the bifocal lenses are trivex, the frames are thin layered acetate, and the ear temples are very thin titanium. I like big lenses because they fill my whole vision and give me a wide field of view.
Ah... the Tele Vue 31 mm Nagler Type 5. FOV plus crisp to the edge.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:33 PM   #728
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
Ah... the Tele Vue 31 mm Nagler Type 5. FOV plus crisp to the edge.
I have an Explore Scientific 82 deg. 30mm which is quite similar to that Nagler, but I use the ES82 18mm a lot more.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:08 PM   #729
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Inside Maxx Fan cover, AC Cord insulator, Window Screen...

What a fun eclectic informative thread! Here's our 2 cents contribution...

Last year we noticed some condensation drips from the inside of our Maxx Fan cover (on humid/cold days) onto the floor (when not in use). So I made a Reflecitx cover that velcros on for thermal insulation. Was pleased to find some strong clear velcro - blends in well on the perimeter of the Maxx Fan (and the cover). However, we do use the Maxx Fan a lot so this cover probably won't be used very much, but easy to store or pop on when needed.

DH likes to snake cords (like WiFi cords) out alongside the AC electrical cord so I found some dense foam and made a critter/thermal, insulator/protector. Had previously bought some different rubber 'critter protectors' online last year which also work but I think I'm gonna like the thicker foam one better. (Jim's (cpaharly2008) neat mod with his AC cord is slowly rising on the 'Honey-Do' list.)

In the process of converting the stock window screens to a finer mesh screen to combat those tiny 'gnats' or whatever they are that like to circle around the captain lights at night. Took a before and after pic of the screens...not too much difference in shade so I hope it will work. Will test it out on our next trip to ensure ventilation is adequate.

Cheers,
-Bea
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8255.jpg   IMG_8250.jpg   IMG_8251.jpg   IMG_8269.jpg   IMG_8270.jpg  

IMG_8271.jpg   IMG_8245.jpg   IMG_8246.jpg  
Old 02-27-2020, 11:02 AM   #730

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
….In the process of converting the stock window screens to a finer mesh screen to combat those tiny 'gnats' or whatever they are that like to circle around the captain lights at night. Took a before and after pic of the screens...not too much difference in shade so I hope it will work. Will test it out on our next trip to ensure ventilation is adequate. Cheers, -Bea
Thanks for sharing, Bea! Which brand/gauge did you choose? I'm looking forward to hearing whether or not these screens provide adequate ventilation, as the bite of no see ums can be rather fierce.

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 02-27-2020, 05:55 PM   #731
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
Thanks for sharing, Bea! Which brand/gauge did you choose? I'm looking forward to hearing whether or not these screens provide adequate ventilation, as the bite of no see ums can be rather fierce.
Hey Ava! I ordered this product and giving it try:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am keeping all the stock screen material though, just in case...I don't like it. I've never replaced screen material before but with a 'spline roller' (looks like pizza cutter), made the job much easier.

This exercise made us take a second look at the Maxx Fan screen and the bathroom room exhaust fan screen but decided to leave those alone. Those look and feel like metal screens (totally different material) and we have both fans pushing air 'out' so not worried about those...

Thanks,
-Bea
Old 02-27-2020, 06:15 PM   #732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Hey Ava! I ordered this product and giving it try:

I am keeping all the stock screen material though, just in case...I don't like it. I've never replaced screen material before but with a 'spline roller' (looks like pizza cutter), made the job much easier.

This exercise made us take a second look at the Maxx Fan screen and the bathroom room exhaust fan screen but decided to leave those alone. Those look and feel like metal screens (totally different material) and we have both fans pushing air 'out' so not worried about those...

Thanks,
-Bea
Sounds like sound thinking to me, Bea! I once replaced the screen in the back door of my house, somewhat challenging using a flathead screw driver. Looking at the spline roller, I can see that it would make the tedious job a bit easier.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #733

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Today I installed a keeper for my 7 pin pigtail. I have been using a ricotta container with a hole in the lid. I think this is classier, for sure.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:23 PM   #734

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Today I installed a keeper for my 7 pin pigtail. I have been using a ricotta container with a hole in the lid. I think this is classier, for sure.
Love this! Does it/will it work with an electric jack?

Old 03-14-2020, 09:36 PM   #735

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Love this! Does it/will it work with an electric jack?
Ava I added ours to the propane cover to hold cord . It is spring loaded so it will hold real well . Pat
Old 03-14-2020, 09:40 PM   #736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Ava I added ours to the propane cover to hold cord . It is spring loaded so it will hold real well . Pat
Excellent idea, thanks!

Old 03-14-2020, 09:48 PM   #737

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I just shove the plug up under the propane tank cover. Seems to work and costs nothing.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:57 AM   #738

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Propane tank cover or the utility box has been my location for the keeper....
Old 03-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #739

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
bright day, yes, i have an electric jack. I just threaded the zip tie pieces behind the electric wiring, and the holder is to the passenger side a bit, away from that wiring. i'd send a photo but it is raining at the moment.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:19 PM   #740

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Excellent idea, thanks!
Ava got a break from the rain so here is ours . Just remove propane cover , drill through cover at the two holes for the holder , attached with stainless bolts and nuts . That’s it . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
3E253E41-AF6E-44A2-B21A-AA377961A5F0.jpg  
Closed Thread