What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 38 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2020, 04:22 PM   #741
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Today I installed a keeper for my 7 pin pigtail. I have been using a ricotta container with a hole in the lid. I think this is classier, for sure.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hi h2owman, we like this gadget, too. Really works and so simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Ava got a break from the rain so here is ours . Just remove propane cover , drill through cover at the two holes for the holder , attached with stainless bolts and nuts . That’s it . Pat
Very clever, Pat! DH likes how you have a protective plastic tubbing around your power cord. One more thing to add to our list! Thanks, -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:02 PM   #742

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Hi h2owman, we like this gadget, too. Really works and so simple

Very clever, Pat! DH likes how you have a protective plastic tubbing around your power cord. One more thing to add to our list! Thanks, -Bea
The cover has shrunk a little one of these days look for another cord . It is very stiff now . Was trying to keep sun off a little . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:15 PM   #743
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
The cover has shrunk a little one of these days look for another cord . It is very stiff now . Was trying to keep sun off a little . Pat
Yes, we are all about keeping the sun off things. The sun gets intense here in the summer and fall. I try to wipe all plastic parts and cords occasionally with 303 and use a cover...but a tube like that would be better for the cord, I think. -Bea
Old 03-15-2020, 08:35 PM   #744

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Yes, we are all about keeping the sun off things. The sun gets intense here in the summer and fall. I try to wipe all plastic parts and cords occasionally with 303 and use a cover...but a tube like that would be better for the cord, I think. -Bea
Bea at the point 303 doesn’t do anything it just is real stiff . It is the casing that is the problem . But yes got to keep the sun off things . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:10 PM   #745

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Thanks to H2owmn, Pat (of PatandLinda), and Bea for the link, comments, and photograph! Love this forum!!!:

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:24 AM   #746
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
Thanks to H2owmn, Pat (of PatandLinda), and Bea for the link, comments, and photograph! Love this forum!!!:

We feel the same, Ava! Appreciate all your input, too!! -Bea
Old 03-16-2020, 10:29 AM   #747

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Today I am doing the greatest thing you can do for your camper. I am paying for it. In spite of the economic and social outlook, I choose to be optimistic.

Even thou this is VERY serious and EVERYONE needs to take every precaution as well as help others that need it, I believe people will do the right thing and we will solve this issue and get on with our lives.

I have read everything there is to read. I have watched every worthwhile video I can find. I have watched all the trailer orientation videos at least three times each!

Now I just want to go camping.

Soon guys! Soon!

Everyone please stay safe! I want to meet everybody!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:00 PM   #748

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
today?

Well, we 1. groused a bit bks of the border closing, wh may keep us from even getting it and 2. we finally decided on a name for it; "Social Distancing".
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:49 PM   #749

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Now you will have a constant reminder.

That means you have to offset that with fun every time out!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:24 PM   #750

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Wink LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Now you will have a constant reminder.

That means you have to offset that with fun every time out!
LOL we decided the name has/could have multiple meanings..most are pleasant. The 2nd "runner-up" name was "Bed, Bath & Begone" Second place went to "Beer Flew" in honor of the CORONAvirus
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:55 AM   #751

Trailer: 2019 escape 19' with 2012 Chevy 1500
I was partners with my brother in a paint store for 25 years and we both loved each other very much. He passed away suddenly a year ago and we are devastated. We got an Escape trailer last year and it has been a nice diversion from all the pain of his passing. I think of all the people loosing there friends and family and the pain that they are having to go through knowing fresh in my mind what it is like. i am going to name my Escape trailer (Be Safe My Friends).
j3cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:01 PM   #752

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3cub View Post
I was partners with my brother in a paint store for 25 years and we both loved each other very much. He passed away suddenly a year ago and we are devastated. We got an Escape trailer last year and it has been a nice diversion from all the pain of his passing. I think of all the people loosing there friends and family and the pain that they are having to go through knowing fresh in my mind what it is like. i am going to name my Escape trailer (Be Safe My Friends).
So sorry for the loss of your brother. The name's a good one! May you enjoy many years of travel. Be safe!

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:53 AM   #753

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Rear Dinette Bench Extension.

When planning our trailer we went with the U Shaped dinette and the Lagun table mount. At the time Kent advised to increase the rear bench as the standard installation was very narrow and uncomfortable. Rather than give up the floor space under the table we went with the standard size. I must agree with Kent as 1) sitting any length of time (watching TV) on that narrow seat is uncomfortable. 2) putting the table down and creating the "lounge" is not to our liking either.

I built an extension for the rear bench that will work great for us. I started with a 5" extension but found it too narrow and went to 7". That seems to be just right.

We can use it with the table on or off.
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Bench Extension .jpg   Rear Bench Extension  (4).jpg   Rear Bench Extension  (3).jpg   Rear Bench Extension  (2).jpg  
Old 04-05-2020, 12:09 PM   #754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Rear Dinette Bench Extension.
A couple more photos

Storage under top step
Bench without the extension
Board without the cushion

Moderator, I can't seem to rotate that 3rd picture! Help AND thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Bench Extension Storage.jpg   Bench without Extension.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2020, 12:12 PM   #755

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I did my first E21 like that back in 2014 and will duplicate it again this summer
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2020, 02:06 PM   #756

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3cub View Post
I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. Siblings have a special bond.

Our trailer is also in honor of a friend no longer with us. His nickname was "The Wart" a name he picked up in junior high school when he was fascinated with the tales of King Athurs Court. Merlin's name for the young Arthur was "The Wart."

Anyhow, our Wart started a tradition of a big Spring Equinox feast with ham, roast beef, salmon, leg of lamb, and all the trimmings. This tradition has been going on now for over 50 years, even after his passing 10 years ago, his friends have kept it alive. When we greet each other at the door, we shout out a hearty: "Wart Ho!" Meaning, "Carry on!" Hence the name of our trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
27D0816D-131E-4DA1-8834-CA2D38D08332.jpg  
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:53 PM   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I did my first E21 like that back in 2014 and will duplicate it again this summer
Yes, your post is one of the post I saw that inspired me to do this. Thank you for that.

I saw another post where the poster described his extension to be 12" and felt that was too much. I tried 5" first, but found that 7" fits us best.

We also have the Lagun table mount and I wanted to show how this extension can be used with or without the table and is much more comfortable for us anyway than when we lowered the table and to create the "lounge".
Old 04-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #758

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
j3cub, howdy, neighbor. I'm about 45 miles east of sac.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:55 PM   #759

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Anyone who wants to do anything Elfa for their trailer storage, Container Store is having a 30% off sale with free shipping over $75. I do not know about shipping to Canada. But that's a pretty significant discount.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:52 PM   #760

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
We made a shelf for above the fridge.
I tried to attach a picture, hope it comes through.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0788.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	46153
LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote