What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 56 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-09-2020, 04:44 PM   #1101

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Let's see.. I emptied the black and gray tanks for the first time ever, no problems, after the first camping trip. One hurdle passed, and it wasn't bad. The orientation video was very good.

Then sent my 15A off with friends of the new owner who were picking it up for him. i'm happy with my new 17b and I think he'll be happy with the 15A. Luckily for him they already own a 17b so won't be too tempted to keep the 15A themselves.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:15 PM   #1102

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
i just asked Escape what color gelcoat they were using in 2014, and was told, that it was a custom mix, and they no longer use the same mix and don't have any left.

Lol. Linda With Escape told me that I could order a qt. I tried to get one sent with 5he trailer delivery, but was told they were afraid it would spill.
Said they would do it separetly.

Here we go.

Good morning David,

Our strongest recommendation is to wait until you really need it as it does have a shelf life. They are not too keen on shipping it your trailer. Too many concerns about it spilling.

Please feel free to forward any other questions you may have.

Stay well and warmest regards,

Linda Fedoruk, Customer Service
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:22 PM   #1103

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Having nothing better to do, I created a camping scene on the cabinet door over the dinette.
Attached Thumbnails
B6DF16A4-9165-40CD-B692-26C68B5CB3F8.jpg  
Old 10-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #1104

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Installed the Fastway FLIP Jack Foot. 6” version. Pretty nifty device. Completely mechanical and automatically extends and retracts to save from carrying and stacking wood or other blocks to reduce cranks (or time with power jack). Foot was redesigned with a pin for easy removal if the terrain happens to create a situation of low clearance.
Attached Thumbnails
029FB75F-F39F-4978-B066-0488182D0C1A.jpg   D063A14D-1E65-4EB4-948E-5116C7264C56.jpg   9AFC4D84-D2F7-43CA-87AD-EC7325562F55.jpeg  
Old 10-11-2020, 12:42 PM   #1105

Trailer: 2016 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I spent plenty of time stuck in my memory bank remembering camping last week at the Oregon Gathering in Ten Forward. Sure made it tough to come back to work. WHINE!
Hi! Today I responded to a new post... 5.0 For Sale (Pender Isl BC) and included my ph number.

I subsequently read that I wasn’t supposed to include that and to edit that, I should contact a “moderator”. I wondered if you could help me - how does one contact a moderator to remove my number? (not my post - but just the number).

Thanks! Richard.
land’SCAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 02:31 PM   #1106
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichW View Post
Hi! Today I responded to a new post... 5.0 For Sale (Pender Isl BC) and included my ph number.

I subsequently read that I wasn’t supposed to include that and to edit that, I should contact a “moderator”. I wondered if you could help me - how does one contact a moderator to remove my number? (not my post - but just the number).

Thanks! Richard.
Rich, we can't edit your PMs. It shouldn't be a problem if all you put in the PM was your phone number. What's problematic is if you include a hotlink of your email address. Once you receive trusted status (more than 10 posts) hotlinks are fine too.

Hope this helps.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 03:42 PM   #1107

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Repaired my water pump - again !
Now I can winterize my trailer - winter is coming real soon !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #1108

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Unpacked my cargo carrier, on sale at Princess Auto for 89 bucks.

It's going to be the base for a rear box that will carry things like a zero gravity chair etc.

I was going to fabricate the whole box but when I saw this on sale I went the easy route. I couldn't even buy the materials to fabricate it at that price.

Really well made. Much more capacity than is needed but that's not a bad thing. The main spar that that fits into the rear receiver and the attachment frame is steel. If I'd fabricated it I would have used 2" aluminum square tube. If I ever want to lose a few pounds that's always an option.

The corners and all parts are welded. I like the rounded corners and I'll try and carry that through the box design. I'm hoping to avoid a hard square cornered box. I'll now have to start looking at my options.

First to go is the spare tire holder which right now also serves as a base for my tilting swiveling solar panel. I'll replace it with 2" aluminum mount base.

Overall, well made and a good base from which to build.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0021cropped_resize.jpg   IMGP0023_resize.JPG   IMGP0025rotated_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #1109

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Repaired my water pump - again !
Now I can winterize my trailer - winter is coming real soon !
So far still for the longest time on pump 4 . Maybe the extra’s helped , silencing kit , changing position and accumulator tank Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:29 PM   #1110

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Unpacked my cargo carrier, on sale at Princess Auto for 89 bucks.

It's going to be the base for a rear box that will carry things like a zero gravity chair etc.

I was going to fabricate the whole box but when I saw this on sale I went the easy route. I couldn't even buy the materials to fabricate it at that price.

Really well made. Much more capacity than is needed but that's not a bad thing. The main spar that that fits into the rear receiver and the attachment frame is steel. If I'd fabricated it I would have used 2" aluminum square tube. If I ever want to lose a few pounds that's always an option.

The corners and all parts are welded. I like the rounded corners and I'll try and carry that through the box design. I'm hoping to avoid a hard square cornered box. I'll now have to start looking at my options.

First to go is the spare tire holder which right now also serves as a base for my tilting swiveling solar panel. I'll replace it with 2" aluminum mount base.

Overall, well made and a good base from which to build.

Ron
I want one ! Love your lights on back bumper too ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #1111

They match the ones on the front. They were a great buy, less than 2 bucks a light and they've stood up well.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
20-01-2007 12-50-27 AM_0003_resize.JPG  
Old 10-13-2020, 03:55 PM   #1112
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Quote:
Unpacked my cargo carrier, on sale at Princess Auto for 89 bucks.Ron
Princess Auto = My Favourite Store

I too was drifting through the bi-weekly sale booklet, and kept going back to that cargo carrier. We'd just returned from a camping trip on the west side of Vancouver Island and I was convinced that the carrier would work well down the road...but I was concerned about quality.

I'd bought another one 4 years ago and returned it. Had to completely assemble the whole thing with supplied nuts/bolts (sides etc). After it was together, I was convinced it wasn't going to support the item it was intended for, so I returned it.

Saw your post, noted "welded" in your comments, read the descriptors online, which convinced me to warm up the credit card ... again ... and ordered it. And no ... I won't blame you if I end up returning it. Free delivery saves a trip to Victoria.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 05:00 PM   #1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ops View Post

Princess Auto = My Favourite Store

Mine too. Many years ago they were mail order only from Winnipeg. Then they were in Edmonton, then Kelowna, none of which were much of a help, then Langley which is a 30 mile drive. Still a buddy and I usually hit up the monthly sale. Then Coquitlam, 15 minutes away. End result, I now look at the flyer and think, hmm, don't I already have a couple of sets ot those.

I too was drifting through the bi-weekly sale booklet, and kept going back to that cargo carrier. We'd just returned from a camping trip on the west side of Vancouver Island and I was convinced that the carrier would work well down the road...but I was concerned about quality.

Saw your post, noted "welded" in your comments, read the descriptors online, which convinced me to warm up the credit card ... again ... and ordered it. And no ... I won't blame you if I end up returning it. Free delivery saves a trip to Victoria.
The ad undersells the product, which is a pleasant change. The ad sort of shows that the corners might be plastic which wouldn't be as good. But no, they have plastic caps but the inner and outer vertical parts are welded aluminum. Also the weight capacity is higher than most others yet the ad doesn't even mention that.

Always nice when a product exceeds expectations.

Ron
Old 10-13-2020, 05:10 PM   #1114

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Looks like a great product Ron.
Sometimes it just makes sense/cents to incorporate some pre made stuff.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #1115

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
The main spar that that fits into the rear receiver and the attachment frame is steel. If I'd fabricated it I would have used 2" aluminum square tube.
Ron

I'd be concerned about the aluminum wearing rapidly, rubbing on the steel receiver tube.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #1116

No concerns there. 4 substantial widely spaced bolts, I'm not anticipating any differential movement.

The replacement post that will hold the portable panel will also attach to the upper area of the box preventing side-to-side rocking. If I wasn't going to install the post I'd put brackets on either end to prevent rocking. Honestly, some of those monster bike racks folks like to hang off the back end and let rock and roll scare me to death. More so now that I've seen carnage on the freeway caused by one breaking free.

Ron
Old 10-13-2020, 10:44 PM   #1117

Trailer: 505 5.0TA
5.0 Carport

Got a carport to keep the sun and snow off of the 5.0 TA
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2791.jpg  
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:48 AM   #1118

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Nice cargo carrier and great canopy!

My most recent mod is to use three lengths of shock corded tent pole to replace the not shock corded ones for my folding solar panel, and fashion a handle from a long wired twist tie. Now with a slim piece of yoga mat cushioning the one panel that touches another when folded, I can fold the panel with the Tent pole sections in place.
Old 10-15-2020, 01:37 PM   #1119

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
For those with the manual awning, there is a weak point where the threads and the fabric start to disintegrate with the elements right where the awing attaches to the awning rail.
I did a mod yesterday that should allow 2-3 more years out of my awing cloth and it's inexpensive and simple to do.
It took 2 rolls of the following wonderful tape product:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-...1895/311042860
This is a 4" wide tape and you need to apply carefully as it isn't easily removed. This is applied right up against the awning rail and covers all the threads and 4" out of awning material.
Came out so well and is pretty much not visible, that I will apply this whenever I get new awning cloth to protect that area.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2912 (Medium).JPG  
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:44 PM   #1120

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Thanks for sharing, Greg!

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote