What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 64 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2020, 08:29 PM   #1261

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
You are some brave couple. I couldn't get Nancy to join me on a bush plane ride to shoot grazing moose in the Adirondacks.

I thought I could thread this narrow black lanyard through the top edge of the rock guard trim. No can do. There is a long metal extrusion that runs parallel and there seems to be no way to cut an opening through it. Now what? Use the weep hole slot as seen here? Don't like it. I am not feeling comfortable with drilling another hole for a lanyard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lanyard1.jpg (57.2 KB, 14 views)

Old 11-20-2020, 08:42 PM   #1262

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
So which Sydney are you talkin' about?

There's your homeland, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, and the other, lesser and little know burg.
Just curious.

HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:48 PM   #1263

Trailer: 2014 21 2019 Expedition
The Opera House in the photo made it clear to me- and btw have significant McGoo eyesight issues from time to time. Drives Susan nuts.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:09 PM   #1264

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Yes

And I was just joshing, but I'm a McGoo too.

Optometrist appointment next Monday. Huumm...I see.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:57 PM   #1265

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
You are some brave couple. I couldn't get Nancy to join me on a bush plane ride to shoot grazing moose in the Adirondacks.

I thought I could thread this narrow black lanyard through the top edge of the rock guard trim. No can do. There is a long metal extrusion that runs parallel and there seems to be no way to cut an opening through it. Now what? Use the weep hole slot as seen here? Don't like it. I am not feeling comfortable with drilling another hole for a lanyard.
I thought a flat piece of webbing would fit but if it doesn't, no worries.

The weakest point of the camera bracket is the area of the 90* bend. Any lanyard that goes from the camera to anything past the bend would be good. So as someone else suggested, use the bolt to anchor the lanyard also.

Or train Josie to stare out the back window and bark if the camera falls off.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:00 AM   #1266

Good morning!

Early in the morning, like about 6:14 AM today, I sometimes wake up thinking I have a solution to what’s on my mind. A cup of coffee will stir me into action. I can then get as anal as anyone.

My camcorder is valuable. Screwing it down out there to the trailer wall and leaving it for a six hundred-plus mile drive is not without catastrophic risk. The potential trouble areas are two: Metal fatigue, and disconnection, due to vibration. A lanyard is a practical hedge against disaster. I can visualize the metal parts cracking and breaking and without a lanyard the camcorder flailing off in the wind while I am driving. True, this is a long shot, but why take a chance?

I see no way to attach a lanyard to the trailer without doing something that is irreversible and potentially ugly. The doctor will do no harm.

I will first replace that two inch quarter/twenty hex screw with one that is aircraft grade. Next, I will cut a channel through the back of the wood block. Through it I will run the lanyard. It will then go diagonal and wrap to the camcorder body.

That’s my solution and I am sticking to it.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:51 PM   #1267

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Or you could just replace the bolt with an eye bolt, ring facing forward, and call it a day. Sorry, I just had my coffee also.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:41 PM   #1268

Don't tell me I don't know elegant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SonyEscpe3.jpg (69.2 KB, 14 views)