What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 64 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #1261

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
You are some brave couple. I couldn't get Nancy to join me on a bush plane ride to shoot grazing moose in the Adirondacks.

I thought I could thread this narrow black lanyard through the top edge of the rock guard trim. No can do. There is a long metal extrusion that runs parallel and there seems to be no way to cut an opening through it. Now what? Use the weep hole slot as seen here? Don't like it. I am not feeling comfortable with drilling another hole for a lanyard.
Attached Thumbnails
lanyard1.jpg  
Old 11-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #1262

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
So which Sydney are you talkin' about?

There's your homeland, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, and the other, lesser and little know burg.
Just curious.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:48 PM   #1263

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
The Opera House in the photo made it clear to me- and btw have significant McGoo eyesight issues from time to time. Drives Susan nuts.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:09 PM   #1264

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Yes

And I was just joshing, but I'm a McGoo too.

Optometrist appointment next Monday. Huumm...I see.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:57 PM   #1265

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
You are some brave couple. I couldn't get Nancy to join me on a bush plane ride to shoot grazing moose in the Adirondacks.

I thought I could thread this narrow black lanyard through the top edge of the rock guard trim. No can do. There is a long metal extrusion that runs parallel and there seems to be no way to cut an opening through it. Now what? Use the weep hole slot as seen here? Don't like it. I am not feeling comfortable with drilling another hole for a lanyard.
I thought a flat piece of webbing would fit but if it doesn't, no worries.

The weakest point of the camera bracket is the area of the 90* bend. Any lanyard that goes from the camera to anything past the bend would be good. So as someone else suggested, use the bolt to anchor the lanyard also.

Or train Josie to stare out the back window and bark if the camera falls off.

Ron
Old 11-21-2020, 08:00 AM   #1266

Good morning!

Early in the morning, like about 6:14 AM today, I sometimes wake up thinking I have a solution to what’s on my mind. A cup of coffee will stir me into action. I can then get as anal as anyone.

My camcorder is valuable. Screwing it down out there to the trailer wall and leaving it for a six hundred-plus mile drive is not without catastrophic risk. The potential trouble areas are two: Metal fatigue, and disconnection, due to vibration. A lanyard is a practical hedge against disaster. I can visualize the metal parts cracking and breaking and without a lanyard the camcorder flailing off in the wind while I am driving. True, this is a long shot, but why take a chance?

I see no way to attach a lanyard to the trailer without doing something that is irreversible and potentially ugly. The doctor will do no harm.

I will first replace that two inch quarter/twenty hex screw with one that is aircraft grade. Next, I will cut a channel through the back of the wood block. Through it I will run the lanyard. It will then go diagonal and wrap to the camcorder body.

That’s my solution and I am sticking to it.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:51 AM   #1267

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Or you could just replace the bolt with an eye bolt, ring facing forward, and call it a day. Sorry, I just had my coffee also.

Ron
Old 11-21-2020, 01:41 PM   #1268

Don't tell me I don't know elegant.
Attached Thumbnails
SonyEscpe3.jpg  
Old 12-07-2020, 09:41 AM   #1269

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
got my new (used) 2016 21c in October. (the last one sold on this site). towed it home 3 hours with 2013 tacoma and no problems. the next week sold Casita in one day. After viewing this site all summer hunting for Escape and reading various posts submitted about TV's and associated needs and risks especially thru mountains, purchased 2020 F150 supercab 3.5L ecoboost just for our Escape!!! mostly retired and raring to go. Life is good
Old 12-07-2020, 10:49 AM   #1270

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontom View Post
got my new (used) 2016 21c in October. (the last one sold on this site). towed it home 3 hours with 2013 tacoma and no problems. the next week sold Casita in one day. After viewing this site all summer hunting for Escape and reading various posts submitted about TV's and associated needs and risks especially thru mountains, purchased 2020 F150 supercab 3.5L ecoboost just for our Escape!!! mostly retired and raring to go. Life is good
Congratulations ! Pat
Old 12-07-2020, 03:24 PM   #1271

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontom View Post
mostly retired and raring to go. Life is good
Best of luck and enjoy! When my father retired and eventually bought a Scamp 16 he said his only regret was that he didn’t do it sooner.
Old 03-21-2021, 05:30 PM   #1272

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Today I hung 6 hanging pouch catch-alls around the trailer, mounted 2 privacy curtain hold-backs, a couple small command hooks in the kitchen area that Mary had asked for, a paper towel holder, and modified an over-the-door hook for the bathroom door so it isn't a sloppy fit but can still be taken off and turned around. Mary asked for that for her toiletry bag that she normally hangs on the bathroom door on the inside, but changes to hang on the outside when she showers.

Below is a picture showing two of the hanging pouches and a tie back on a privacy curtain. I know the colors of the pouches don't match anything, but I'm a camper, not an interior decorator. I figured the grandaughters would like the pastel pink & blue bears.
Attached Thumbnails
hanging pouches.jpg  
Old 03-21-2021, 05:50 PM   #1273

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Just got through waxing our 5.0TA. My first thought as I started was "Wow, this fiberglass is so slick, getting the wax off is so much easier than on my 15+ year old cars / trucks". A little while later, my thoughts turned to "Wow, this thing is BIG!".

Also learned that when just doing a quick wash after a trip, don't skip the roof - it was getting pretty grungy. Cleaned right up with a little Simple Green, though.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:05 PM   #1274

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
Today I hung 6 hanging pouch catch-alls around the trailer, mounted 2 privacy curtain hold-backs, a couple small command hooks in the kitchen area that Mary had asked for, a paper towel holder, and modified an over-the-door hook for the bathroom door so it isn't a sloppy fit but can still be taken off and turned around.

I know the colors of the pouches don't match anything, but I'm a camper, not an interior decorator. I figured the grandaughters would like the pastel pink & blue bears.
Great set of mods - thanks for sharing! (I’m all with you on the interior decorator issue - and what you’ve done looks cheery and VERY useful!)
Old 03-21-2021, 06:17 PM   #1275
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Also learned that when just doing a quick wash after a trip, don't skip the roof - it was getting pretty grungy. Cleaned right up with a little Simple Green, though.
David, doesn't Simple Green take off wax? Ten Forward has the winter grunge look going on. Looking for something to make washing and waxing a little easier, but I don't want anything to remove the wax that's already on it...
Old 03-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #1276

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Simple Green is usually diluted, if used full strength it can remove wax, otherwise it should be fine if diluted.......
Old 03-21-2021, 07:10 PM   #1277
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Simple Green is usually diluted, if used full strength it can remove wax, otherwise it should be fine if diluted.......
Thanks Jim. ooooh it comes in Lemon scent
Old 03-25-2021, 12:59 PM   #1278

Trailer: 2021 21NE
We did a one-on-one walk thru of a 21NE. Added Sand Pads to our build sheet. Looked into a Houzer E-100 sink, but decided against it due to shipping cost. Impatiently waiting for our build to begin....
Old 03-25-2021, 01:15 PM   #1279

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
David, doesn't Simple Green take off wax? Ten Forward has the winter grunge look going on. Looking for something to make washing and waxing a little easier, but I don't want anything to remove the wax that's already on it...
There is a lot of hype about waxes and how long they are effective at adding a layer of protection. Even, gasp!, Meguiar's G18220 Ultimate Liquid Wax. I re-wax every 4 to 5 months. Mequiar's is a joy to work with especially if you link it up with a pre-made quart of Margarita with ice handy. Some get wiping and rubbing off music such as from Three Dog Night or BeauSoleil will keep you in rhythm. As a prelude consider Mequiar's Ultimate Polish.

Wipe on and wipe off. I put my drink on a non skid piece of micro fiber cloth. Hasn't fallen off the roof of the RV yet.

You can thank me later with a couple of beers if we ever meet post COVID.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:22 PM   #1280

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Waxed our 2017 5.0TA today, (started yesterday). Went well with both wife and I working on it. I did have a problem at one point when I grabbed a fresh microfiber cloth, which did not work well. A look at the label stated it was polyester, not cotton! So the instructions to use only cotton may have some merit.
Closed Thread