What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 15 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2019, 06:09 PM   #281

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I was referring to the opening being north south vs east west....
Old 10-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #282

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Well I'm glad we got that sorted out, anymore of that and I would have become unhinged.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:48 PM   #283

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Athwartyourself, in other word.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #284

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Re: paint for self insulated tanks. Years ago i had dropped my motorcycle at 1 mph with the plastic rear bags on. At that time BMW used a textured black paint. Black DIY spray can truck bed liner works great, sticks well, and goes on thick.

We just had the wheel bearings repacked and adjusted the brakes, loading the trailer with food items we cannot get in Mexico; putenseca spaghetti sauce, curry paste, decaffeinated whole bean coffee, and decent wine. Repacked our clothing boxes for warm weather, and hope to leave by mid Nov. Planning on 4-6 months near Puerto Vallerta.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:44 AM   #285
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIJ Michael View Post
They are 15 X 6 with a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern.
Thanks for the compliment.
does the ET (offset) matter on trailer wheels? its pretty important on cars as it moves the tread centerline in or out relative to the hubs, and it also impacts where the tire rides relative to the springs/struts/fenders.
Attached Thumbnails
wheeloffset[1].jpg  
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:18 AM   #286

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
does the ET (offset) matter on trailer wheels? its pretty important on cars as it moves the tread centerline in or out relative to the hubs, and it also impacts where the tire rides relative to the springs/struts/fenders.
Most trailer wheels have a zero offset but they don't have to. I believe that most trailer manufacturers are probably just trying to keep things simple to allow the wheel to handle maximum load by distributing it equally. The stock steel wheels and the upgraded aluminum Hi-Spec wheels offered by Escape are zero offset.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:43 PM   #287

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Wheel fit and offset

Yes trailer wheels are typically near zero offset, although for many years the Dexter standard was slight (1/4"? 1/2"?) positive offset (hubs outset from wheel centre plane). It shouldn't be changed much from stock to avoid bearing problems, and to keep the tire in the same place in wheel well (to avoid interference).

A hub can be designed to make as high an offset as desired work with the bearings, just by extending the hub face outward. Dual rear wheel trucks generally have zero offset in the rear (one wheel sticks out, the other one sticks in, forming a roughly zero-offset set), but use the same wheels on the front... so the front hubs have long extensions to work with huge wheel offset (more than half the width of the wheel, or more than 5").

Modern automotive practice usually includes substantial positive offset to place the wheel centre outboard and make room for the hub, bearing and other hardware, especially in front wheel drive vehicles but even with rear wheel drive in most cases (because they now have independent suspension and so are built like a front-drive front hub). Trailers still typically have a traditional hub with the wheel mounting face midway between the bearings. A positive-offset wheel (from a car or light truck) can be made to work properly with a zero-offset hub with a spacer (for very small differences) or adapters, as long as the adapter can fit over the big trailer hub end and still work with what can be a relatively small centre bore (hole) in the wheel.

Anyway, Michael's wheels look like they are intended for trailers (I've seen the same style before), and they probably have a suitable near-zero offset. This style is sometimes called a "split spoke" or a "bullet" due to the shape of the spaces between the spoke pairs; an example would be an Americana part #22647.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:03 PM   #288

Today I installed 1/2 of my winter storm door. I have some plastic sheathing that is easily trimmed with a razor and held in place with weatherstripping. Will post pictures tomorrow once completed. Ready for some cold weather camping now with the door open....
Old 10-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #289

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Tilt on Tillie

Today we worked on winterizing the 21. The water system is done and it’s back in the building where we will finish up the rest of the details. Might not sound like much but we had the 2 year old very active grandson on board today too. Progress sometimes gets interrupted. Think I got a good drain on the tanks.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
83D73D2C-6704-4856-8318-271BECC5A4E5.jpg   D831645C-306B-4BA4-A15B-011E623C6603.jpg  
Old 10-24-2019, 07:20 PM   #290

Definite resemblance. Does he tell stories too?
Old 10-24-2019, 07:27 PM   #291

He is the source of Dave's stories..........
Old 10-24-2019, 07:37 PM   #292

Vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
He is the source of Dave's stories..........
He was playing with a John Deere tractor today and asked If we had any attachments for the tractor. I didn’t know the word “attachment” till I was seven. He’s just about 2 1/2. I got him to help shovel some dirt and put down grass seed in August. He’s a worker.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-24-2019, 07:42 PM   #293

My grandson just turned three. Loves to work with tools. (read that as you will ).
Old 10-25-2019, 03:50 PM   #294
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Adorable grandson Dave! We are prepping our E21 for the upcoming scheduled NorCal power outages. So thankful we are able to store it at home..... for the big fridge so our food doesn't spoil...for the solar panel so we can charge up all our gadgets....for the gas stove and oven to cook our food (my home stove/oven is electric).... Ask not what you can do for your Escape, but what your Escape can do for you! So grateful! Cheers! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #295

Don’t forget the ability to hold 36 gallons of fresh water, receive TV signals, and the fact that
You can shower and if you’ve got additional fresh water in jugs you can decant grey water into the black tank and recharge your fresh ( for a while
Anyway.
Dave
Old 10-25-2019, 05:05 PM   #296
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Don’t forget the ability to hold 36 gallons of fresh water, receive TV signals, and the fact that
You can shower and if you’ve got additional fresh water in jugs you can decant grey water into the black tank and recharge your fresh ( for a while
Anyway.
Dave
Yes! Good idea about the grey water...into black tank. Not anticipating a water shut off at this point, but have the fresh tank full and ready. Thanks! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:20 PM   #297

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Full Quiver"; 2018 Ford F 150 3.0l Turbodiesel
Send a message via MSN to Berndad Send a message via Yahoo to Berndad
Insulating rock guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Yesterday, rolling out from under the trailer I rolled into a puddle on the driveway that managed to wet every piece of clothing that I had on. Then it dawned on me that I should put the awning out and keep one side dry. Duh.

First time that I've rolled out the new awning. All is working well. Great to have a manual awning that can stay out in torrential rain without any problem.

Today I managed to get the last of the 3 front panels on. Whew, that's a relief, I hate dodging rain showers. A few small fill in bits and some paint touch up but they can be done anytime.

I probably went overboard on mechanical backup to the adhesive. One strap is enough to keep the panel from coming down if the adhesive failed. Oh well, as usual, I have back ups for my back ups.

Ron
Here is a much simpler insulation project (read: one I am capable of doing, awesome job Ron) :

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/im...attach/jpg.gif

Found some white backed Reflectix clone (Foil on one side , double bubble then white covering for facing in) on Amazon along with self adhesive insulating tape and insulated the front window rock guard.
Looks like stock from inside (no shiny foil) and adds both temp and sound insulation.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6261a.jpg   IMG_6262a.jpg  
Berndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berndad View Post
Here is a much simpler insulation project (read: one I am capable of doing, awesome job Ron) :

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/im...attach/jpg.gif

Found some white backed Reflectix clone (Foil on one side , double bubble then white covering for facing in) on Amazon along with self adhesive insulating tape and insulated the front window rock guard.
Looks like stock from inside (no shiny foil) and adds both temp and sound insulation.
I often wondered if this hurts the window in very hot climates...heat build up vs allowing it to escape.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #299

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Full Quiver"; 2018 Ford F 150 3.0l Turbodiesel
Send a message via MSN to Berndad Send a message via Yahoo to Berndad
I would think it keeps it much cooler.
Insulation from the outside with foil facing out and white inside.
Can also easily raise the cover to let it breath at any time
Berndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:51 PM   #300

I agree with it open but if sitting would heat build up between the insulation and the glass? Just thinking outside the box or trailer in this case...