What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 26 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #501

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
LOL, the eternabond is rated for approx 18 years and I believe them.
The Lensun panels Jim found appear to be weathering the best I've seen and I'd guess 7-10 years depending on environment. The other type plastic backed panels about 3 years from what I've seen, but again depends on environment.
With your trailer cover, Ron, you may get a bit longer out of them. I like your hypodermic needle trick, but I'm not sure it will be effective on the eternabond. It would be interesting to know if that works.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:33 PM   #502

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I hope that I don't have to use it anytime soon.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #503

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
From I read, that Eternabond tape is not double sided. So that means to attach a flexible panel to my roof I got to run it around the panel perimeter?
Correct. Eternabond tape is for sealing over the edge of a flange (such as a vent) which is laid on a RV surface (typically the roof). The flange is normally screwed or occasionally bonded to the roof, and sealed by either the adhesive or a sealant under the flange; the Eternabond is not intended to fasten the flange, only as a secondary seal.

The alternative is to attach the panel to the roof with double-sided tape, then seal the edges with a caulk-sealant. I would probably want some kind of tape at least over the leading (front) edge, to keep it from getting peeled up.

I used Eternabond to re-seal the one failed roof seal on a large fifth-wheel trailer with a rubber roof, which was the leading and upper (due to the roof slope, like an Escape 5.0 or 5.0TA) edge of a skylight. It has worked fine for more than a decade. I wouldn't want to remove it.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:32 PM   #504

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
As usual with the reviews there were some negative ones that claimed that it didn't stick worth a darn. After using it I wonder if they realized that you had to peel off the plastic on the adhesive. I don't think anyone who'd used it properly would say that it doesn't stick.

Ron
I would think many use it on rubber roofs, if you don't prep the surface as the instructions call for it doesn't stick all that well, then you get to find out how hard it is to remove.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #505

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Blame that on Amazon. Did not see it offered in other than black. OH.. just found it in white on eBay, 4" x 20 ft roll. Better.
2 in is all you need . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #506

I've found that any flat surface sort of accumulates "stuff". Like my table saw, when I go to use it sometimes I have to put all the stuff that's been conveniently placed there away in its' proper spot.

So I like a mini shelf of sorts near the table where all the misc. stuff that seems to accumulate on the table can be put off the table surface.

So I made this nice little unit. Since there's all this talk now about lighter colors I thought that I'd go with white and natural wood.

Just kidding of course. I like to do quick mock-ups of stuff like this. Just takes a few minutes and shows up things like unexpected interactions and not quite the right dimension etc. I used to use mainly 1/8" hardboard or cardboard. A neighbor was throwing out an Ikea wardrobe and I very kindly (while viewing salvage options ) to dispose of it. The back looks like 1/8" melamine but it's actually more like a dense cardboard, perfect for mock-ups.

OK, now the waiting begins. When M. goes in and looks at it I'll be able to tell instantly whether it's a go or go back to the drawing board.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0008_resize.jpg  
Old 12-12-2019, 05:10 PM   #507

Quote:
I've found that any flat surface sort of accumulates "stuff". Like my table saw, when I go to use it sometimes I have to put all the stuff that's been conveniently placed there away in its' proper spot.

So I like a mini shelf of sorts near the table where all the misc. stuff that seems to accumulate on the table can be put off the table surface.

So I made this nice little unit. Since there's all this talk now about lighter colors I thought that I'd go with white and natural wood.

Just kidding of course. I like to do quick mock-ups of stuff like this. Just takes a few minutes and shows up things like unexpected interactions and not quite the right dimension etc. I used to use mainly 1/8" hardboard or cardboard. A neighbor was throwing out an Ikea wardrobe and I very kindly (while viewing salvage options ) to dispose of it. The back looks like 1/8" melamine but it's actually more like a dense cardboard, perfect for mock-ups.

OK, now the waiting begins. When M. goes in and looks at it I'll be able to tell instantly whether it's a go or go back to the drawing board.

Ron
Love Ikea . Was there yesterday and one of the first places I head to is the marked down returns . Can sometimes find lots of good deals especially on wood . Pat
Old 12-14-2019, 06:56 PM   #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I was able to install 3 60 watt panels on our 19 . All panels lay flat no bending down roof . One front , one rear , and one middle behind ac . Pat
Found a few pictures of our Lensun panels solar installation on our !9 . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0007.jpg   DSC_0009.jpg   DSC_0010.jpg   IMG_0918.jpg  
Old 12-14-2019, 07:02 PM   #509

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I like that a/c cover, where did you find it?
Old 12-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #510

Installed a shelf by the dinette table. I find that little things, but objects that we use a lot, start cluttering up the table top. So I like to find them a home off the table.

Good project to use my underused milling machine. I was going to use a 1" cutter on the cutouts but M. asked if I could make a smaller radius corners "to match the window" OK, no problem. If thats all it takes to make her happy.

Mod. #25 on the new trailer, done.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0009_resize.jpg   IMGP0010_resize.jpg   IMGP0012_resize.jpg  
Old 12-16-2019, 04:32 PM   #511

Quote:
Installed a shelf by the dinette table. I find that little things, but objects that we use a lot, start cluttering up the table top. So I like to find them a home off the table.

Good project to use my underused milling machine. I was going to use a 1" cutter on the cutouts but M. asked if I could make a smaller radius corners "to match the window" OK, no problem. If thats all it takes to make her happy.

Mod. #25 on the new trailer, done.

Ron
Been thinking to do same ! Yours looks great ! Pat
Old 12-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #512

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Ron, what is that blue and black item under your new shelf?
Old 12-16-2019, 05:38 PM   #513

An inexpensive solar controller with two USB outlets.

Ron
Old 12-16-2019, 06:33 PM   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Been thinking to do same ! Yours looks great ! Pat
How long and wide is yours ? Pat
Old 12-16-2019, 07:24 PM   #515

Slightly better photo.

It's 29 1/2" wide x 2 1/2" high x 3 1/2" deep. The width was based on our table size which is 34 1/2" wide. I wanted to keep it in from the edges a bit.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
PC160010_resize.jpg  
Old 12-16-2019, 07:52 PM   #516

Quote:
Slightly better photo.

It's 29 1/2" wide x 2 1/2" high x 3 1/2" deep. The width was based on our table size which is 34 1/2" wide. I wanted to keep it in from the edges a bit.

Ron
Thanks Ron it looks like you used a couple of aluminum straps to attach to table ? I think I will need to attach to window frame because of pups ,the table goes into bed mode every night . We have a nylon play pen they sleep together in after table to down . Pat
Old 12-16-2019, 08:21 PM   #517

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Ron, Love the shelf! How is it attached?
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #518

An aluminum "U" shape, screws to underside of table and moves with the table.

I had some leftover scraps of the wall vinyl and wrapped the aluminum with that which is why they're white.

Ron
Old 12-16-2019, 11:08 PM   #519

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
Actually did this project project last week while camping since wife wanted a backsplash. Since this task was a PIA, only did one row which is good enough.
Attached Thumbnails
backsplash.jpg   IMG_2083.jpg  
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:41 PM   #520
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Slightly better photo.

Ron
Very nice little shelf, Ron! So nice to have a place for all those things...off the big table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboscott View Post
Actually did this project project last week while camping since wife wanted a backsplash. Since this task was a PIA, only did one row which is good enough.
Love your backsplash, Jumboscott. Perfect match with your counter top! - Bea
Bea is online now   Reply With Quote