What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 34 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2020, 08:57 PM   #661

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Next thing I know, wham, I'm breaking my fall with my hand. Lucky, just a bruised ego.

Ron

Lucky. Usually, it's a broken wrist.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:06 PM   #662

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I'm using an RV wash brush. It has a squeegee on one side and I can use it like a hoe except that it's soft and doesn't damage anything.

Yes, lucky indeed that I didn't break something.

I installed a second battery since the trailer only came with one and I've set the system up for two batteries isolated by a battery selector switch.

Installed a cigarette lighter socket at the end of the bench by the converter. It's to power my JEFA Tech wi-fi router. I could have hard wired it as I had done previously but the 12 volt socket was easier and might be handy for other things.

I ordered two and when I opened the package I almost just closed the box and sent it back. USB outlets aren't what I needed. I opened the box to look at it and imagine my surprise when I saw that it was a cigarette lighter socket Guys, if you want to avoid stuff being sent back put little boxes to check off which of the products is inside.

Installed the JEFA Tech router under the table, quick and simple. I may change the location but it'll work fine almost anywhere. So handy to have when you're out in the far corner of a Walmart parking lot and it picks up the store wi-fi just fine.

That's all I did today. Time for Netflix and popcorn.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
22-01-2007 5-05-18 AM_0001_resize.JPG   22-01-2007 5-00-38 AM_0003_resize.JPG   22-01-2007 5-01-17 AM_0004_resize.JPG   22-01-2007 5-01-34 AM_0001_resize.JPG  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:48 PM   #663

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Ron,
Rather than using a broom on your Escape I have found good luck using a "snow broom" which does not damage anything...
I use one on the Escape and house awning to remove snow that accumulates.
I also use a snow broom like that - it's what the car dealerships use to clean off their inventory after another dump of white stuff. Works great, and one cannot hurt the surface one is clearing. Mine has a telescoping handle, so can pretty much reach the top of my Tundra cab (I'm just 5'3", so it's a bit of a stretch )

Feel very fortunate that I have the canopy "garage" to house the Escape for the winter.

So far - for those who were concerned about the canopy bearing the weight of our New England snowfalls - it is holding up fine. Have a snow rake to lighten its load if needed (just raked the eves of my house roof this morning), but I don't think it'll be necessary for the shelter. We shall see ---

As for what I did for my rig today - well, shoveled a nice path to its shelter, and plugged it in to top off the batteries. Not much, I know, but - it made me smile, all the same. Still smilin'
Old 01-19-2020, 01:58 PM   #664

Finished Mod. # 32 So that's 6 perimeter lights, should be nice and bright for those times when I want to see what's happening outside and when we're out walking Gertie around the trailer in the pitch black. Always nice to see any potential threats when you're walking a 6 lb. dog in the dark.

My wife's been tapping her foot, asking when my mods will be finished so that she can start packing the trailer for Q'site. I'm done, now I want my number of days use of the trailer to greater exceed the number of mods.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
22-01-2007 9-03-49 PM_0001_resize.JPG  
Old 01-19-2020, 06:30 PM   #665

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Thinking I might want to install a small wifi booster antenna permanently on my roof but won’t do it if it means drilling a hole up there. Not want attach it to any of my two roof vents. I like, for example, that Bingfu 4G LTE booster amplifier. Maybe something similar ? The Jwfa 9db Rubber Duck? Thinking I might be able to take down the street side porch light up there and, drilling hole into it, add a reinforced base plate for a light antenna. Hole to inside trailer already there. If that works, big issue is …figuring out how to run the cable inside the walls and down to router?

This make any sense?
Old 01-19-2020, 06:41 PM   #666

Trailer: 2018 19'
Cleaned out my little one car garage in anticipation of demolition, new pad 2 car garage & trailer port to be built. Hope “Pearl” will be happy under cover.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:58 PM   #667

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Thinking I might want to install a small wifi booster antenna permanently on my roof but won’t do it if it means drilling a hole up there. Not want attach it to any of my two roof vents. I like, for example, that Bingfu 4G LTE booster amplifier. Maybe something similar ? The Jwfa 9db Rubber Duck? Thinking I might be able to take down the street side porch light up there and, drilling hole into it, add a reinforced base plate for a light antenna. Hole to inside trailer already there. If that works, big issue is …figuring out how to run the cable inside the walls and down to router?

This make any sense?
Why don't you just attach it to the side of the fridge vent cap and down the cable down the chase?

Ron
Old 01-19-2020, 08:43 PM   #668

Trailer: 1988 Eriba Triton
Didn't do it today but I added a Jack-E-Up socket to the trailer tongue so I could remove the trailer jack after hooking up to the tow vehicle. The hatch on my Land Rover would hit the jack with the trailer attached. Plus it makes it harder to steal if the jack is removed...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190301_131658431.jpg   IMG_20190314_105956632.jpg  
JackW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:12 PM   #669

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Well worth the money if it slows someone down from stealing your trailer.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #670

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Finished Mod. # 32 So that's 6 perimeter lights, should be nice and bright for those times when I want to see what's happening outside and when we're out walking Gertie around the trailer in the pitch black. Always nice to see any potential threats when you're walking a 6 lb. dog in the dark.
Ron

Have you encountered any animals that showed an interest in your dog?

For anyone who is interested in the very best flashlights you can get, I would suggest visiting this site. I bought one for every lady in my life that really matter to me (including my sister-in-law, because she matters to me). $110, military grade amazing quality and they make their own batteries to keep up with their lights. I have one for me too! I can keep it in my pocket. I use the pro Tango U2

https://shop.monsterflashlight.com/p...l-flashlights/
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:02 PM   #671

Price of anything that includes the word Tactical is twice what the same thing costs without the word Tactical.

tactical [COLOR=-apple-system-secondary-label]| ˈtaktɪk(ə)l | [/COLOR]adjective [COLOR=-apple-system-secondary-label]1 relating to or constituting actions carefully planned to gain a specific military end: as a tactical officer in the field he had no equal. [COLOR=-apple-system-secondary-label]• [/COLOR](of bombing or weapons) done or for use in immediate support ofmilitary or naval operations: NATO already has about 7,000 tacticalnuclear weapons in Europe.
[/COLOR]
Old 01-21-2020, 01:45 PM   #672

Show me a better flashlight.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:18 PM   #673

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Show me a better flashlight.

I don't believe I said anything about the quality of the flashlight.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:34 PM   #674
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I have been very happy with the couple Fenix flashlights I've had. Honest specs, very good quality materials, rugged and well made. glass rather than plastic lenses, so they don't scratch, well engineered reflectors so the ligthing pattern is smooth and consistent. regulated output so the brightness is constant as the battery wears down. high efficiency, so you get good battery life even at high output levels, and they don't get hot under extended use.

https://www.fenixlighting.com/

had a single AAA 'LD01' for many years as my everyday carry light, now carrying a RC05...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:49 PM   #675
Site Team

these *cheap* flashlights have actually been quite decent. their white isn't quite as white as the fenix lamps, and they are made with cheaper anodizing, but for the price, pretty darn hard to beat.

https://www.banggood.com/Astrolux-A0...p-1026854.html
(single AAA powered light, only a bit bigger than the LD01, they were originally $3 each, but even at $10 each are still a good deal)

https://www.banggood.com/MECO-2-5-Mo...-p-982520.html
(powered by a single 18650 rechargable, insanely bright, this is the light I grab when I hear a noise, such as a potential car crash,, outside at night. the zoom lets you throw a narrow spot a LONG distance, or cover a wide field)

note banggood.com ships direct from china, so these can take weeks to arrive.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:51 PM   #676
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Price of anything that includes the word Tactical is twice what the same thing costs without the word Tactical.
in flashlights, tactical means a push button switch in the tail end of the light, suitable for holding in a overhead fist, such that your thumb is on the back to push that button.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:05 PM   #677

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I have been very happy with the couple Fenix flashlights I've had.

Then don't look at their youtube videos because they use Fenix as an example.

I am not trying to start flashlight wars, I just thought you guys might be interested in looking at them.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:05 PM   #678

Quote:
Have you encountered any animals that showed an interest in your dog?
I can tell that you've never walked a 6# dog. She gets picked up at least once a day. That's usually followed by "don't worry he's friendly" after their off leash pit bull has coming running for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You're right, I just bought a very similar flashlight, 24 bucks CDN. with very similar specs. I really looked through the available offerings and by the time I was finished I was tired of seeing "tactical" used in so many ads.

Ron
Old 01-21-2020, 04:17 PM   #679
Site Team

Quote:
Then don't look at their youtube videos because they use Fenix as an example.

I am not trying to start flashlight wars, I just thought you guys might be interested in looking at them.
i saw my cheap $8 chinese zoom light in one of their videos (the 2nd banggood.com link in my 2nd post above), but after watching 3 of them didn't see Fenix mentioned at all.

I'm more interested in small flashlights in the 100-200 lumen max range, not 1000+ lumen torches, as I mostly use my flashlight for upclose work, not for security. a 1000 lumen flashlight is totally blinding when used at 3 feet. and it also blinds everyone else you shine it towards.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #680

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
My dog walks me...........