What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 43 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 06:27 AM   #841

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
huh, my U-bench 21's battery is easily accessible...

the bar goes across it, parallel to the long axis of the trailer.
This because in 2014E21C models the batteries were under the passenger side dinette, now they are relocated to the rear of the "U" section.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:49 PM   #842

Today I refilled my dual 6 batteries with distilled water, each cell took about 1.5 oz or 9 oz total. This is the second fill in a year of ownership....
Old 06-05-2020, 03:39 PM   #843

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
huh, my U-bench 21's battery is easily accessible...

the bar goes across it, parallel to the long axis of the trailer.
Mine was not:. I added a watering system, but still had the propane alarm problem.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:18 PM   #844

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
3rd day buffing out the roof.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:32 PM   #845

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
It is 96°F out there at the moment but that reminder on battery water levels had me in the sun to check mine. Levels good, corrosion on one positive terminal needed attention. Couldn't stop there however, so everything else got dumped out of the tongue box. What a snake pit. Even uncovered a mouse nest. All is nicely organized now.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:15 PM   #846

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
It was very nice of you to organize their nest, I hope they appreciate it.

HarleyD
Old 06-05-2020, 06:38 PM   #847

Those dangling participles will get you every time..........
Old 06-06-2020, 08:46 AM   #848

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Washed our Escape , applied a coat of synthetic paste wax and then a second coat of Meguiars wax to bring up the shine . Repaired the solar panel wiring on the roof
Doing the walls wasn’t bad but putting two coats on the roof and hand buffing was a PITA , especially trying to get underneath the solar panels - (One more inch of clearance would sure help )
Our trailer is stored in a pole barn so I am hoping 2 coats of wax will last till next Spring when the trailer comes out of hibernation
Old 06-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #849

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Replaced the factory door lock on our E21 with an electronic lock from rvlock.com Easy job and we like operation of the new lock. We picked up the lock when they had a 30% off sale over Memorial Day.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #850

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Your trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Washed our Escape , applied a coat of synthetic paste wax and then a second coat of Meguiars wax to bring up the shine . Repaired the solar panel wiring on the roof
Doing the walls wasn’t bad but putting two coats on the roof and hand buffing was a PITA , especially trying to get underneath the solar panels - (One more inch of clearance would sure help )
Our trailer is stored in a pole barn so I am hoping 2 coats of wax will last till next Spring when the trailer comes out of hibernation
Bet it looks nice Steve ! Pat
Old 06-06-2020, 12:01 PM   #851
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
I concur! That area under the solar panel seems lower every time I wash and wax. 1 more inch would be very helpful. Switched to a spray wax for that area. On one Escape picture recently, I thought I saw a solar panel, on the back of the trailer that looked permenently mounted at a slight angle towards the back? Wondered if the customer requested that or if my eyes were deceiving me - if so wouldn't be the first! -Bea
Old 06-08-2020, 07:20 PM   #852

Well I just came back from picking up both my rear seat and back cushion from an upholsterer who cut them in half for me and sewed up the ends. Tomorrow I'll post pictures and the "U dinette" rear seat modification that will allow each half access individually vs dealing with the 6' long one piece cushion inside the Escape.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #853

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Why next Spring? Going on a cruise?
Old 06-08-2020, 09:03 PM   #854

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Ask what your Escape can do for you!

Serving us well actually. Have kept up on maintenance and so far all systems go....so we went!
Currently boondocking, aka self-quarantine near Obsidian Dome near June Lake. Kayaked on Silver Lake today and was the calm before the storm.
Attached Thumbnails
20200608_104405.jpg  
Old 06-08-2020, 09:22 PM   #855

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Why next Spring? Going on a cruise?
No ! — Been there , Done that
Old 06-09-2020, 07:00 AM   #856

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Are most people packing it in for this year? Are you guys planning any trips this Summer? Or just resetting for the next year?

I just completed my first 4 night trip and am planning on a quick 2-3 night camp this weekend. National forest campgrounds are open now and I can easily distance once I leave the house. I intend to stay out the entire Summer unless there is a Fall Covid spike. I reserved and paid in advance so I did not have to come in contact with anyone. There was no host anyway. The last night I had the campground to myself. I'm hooked already!
Old 06-09-2020, 07:20 AM   #857

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Well I just came back from picking up both my rear seat and back cushion from an upholsterer who cut them in half for me and sewed up the ends. Tomorrow I'll post pictures and the "U dinette" rear seat modification that will allow each half access individually vs dealing with the 6' long one piece cushion inside the Escape.

I’m considering this so pictures and approximate cost (if you are willing to share) will be helpful.

We thought about this last summer but didn’t include it on our build sheet. After a few camping trips I’m regretting it.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:21 AM   #858

I'll report back later with pictures.......
Old 06-09-2020, 08:34 AM   #859

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
I’m considering this so pictures and approximate cost (if you are willing to share) will be helpful.

We thought about this last summer but didn’t include it on our build sheet. After a few camping trips I’m regretting it.
Hi JStelly, I split my rear bench last month, see my post at https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post335761

I also added a seat extension. We took a trip last week and the seat extension worked out great. We have the regular 2" back on the rear bench, some have complained that with the 2" width their backs hit the window knobs. We have a 4" pool noodle behind that seat back and found the knobs to be no problem at all (without the noodle it would be though). The pool noodle sits on the bottom cushion and just tilts the seat back, works great with the knobs.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:26 AM   #860

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Thanks! I’m curious if additional fabric is needed to simply split the cushions.

John
Closed Thread