What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 44 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 10:34 AM   #861

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
Thanks! I’m curious if additional fabric is needed to simply split the cushions.

John
Yes, I took extra fabric to the upholsterer. I don't know how much they used, but it seemed the returned fabric was much smaller. I'd say that either they needed to match direction or were inefficient with the fabric.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:34 AM   #862

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Here are mine, he charged me $250 labor and materials and what a difference. I needed my truck to deliver and picked them up in my Mustang. I also ordered some new hinges as I do not like the factory ones that leave an indentation. I was going to cut the access panel in half and install the new hinges, but after putting them in and then taking them out was so easy, I'll skip the cutting the access panel and just replace the hinges with smaller ones. See if you can find the center?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1592.jpg   IMG_1593.jpg   IMG_1594.jpg   IMG_1596.jpg  
Old 06-09-2020, 10:36 AM   #863

I also added a retractable step brace
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1597.jpg  
Old 06-09-2020, 10:41 AM   #864

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Here are mine, he charged me $250 labor and materials and what a difference. I needed my truck to deliver and picked them up in my Mustang. I also ordered some new hinges as I do not like the factory ones that leave an indentation. I was going to cut the access panel in half and install the new hinges, but after putting them in and then taking them out was so easy, I'll skip the cutting the access panel and just replace things with smaller ones. See if you can find the center?
Cutting the seat was easy enough, we didn't need to add any additional support under the plywood at the split as there is not any give in the plywood.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:06 PM   #865

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Quote:
Here are mine, he charged me $250 labor and materials and what a difference. I needed my truck to deliver and picked them up in my Mustang. I also ordered some new hinges as I do not like the factory ones that leave an indentation. I was going to cut the access panel in half and install the new hinges, but after putting them in and then taking them out was so easy, I'll skip the cutting the access panel and just replace things with smaller ones. See if you can find the center?

Thanks! Going camping next week. I now know what my next project is when we get back! John
Old 06-09-2020, 06:28 PM   #866

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
While waiting out this time at home, I decided to ‘fix’ what I consider a short coming in the 5TA, specifically the storage cubby’s beside the bed. Some like them, I did not, found they were to far forward and useless for clock and other night time accessories. At one time I had added a small shelf on to the back side of the corner unit, this helped, good for clock, etc.
So for Version 2, I completely removed the corner piece, made a cardboard mock-up of what I wanted, after a few tweaks, proceeded to make the finished version, one for each side. Hopefully test it out soon.
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the two white plastic bins.
Attached Thumbnails
_DSC8771FLR.jpg   _DSC8773FLR.jpg   _DSC8797FLR.jpg   _DSC8799FLR.jpg  
Old 06-09-2020, 06:38 PM   #867

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Another kick-ass solution employing that wonderful Alexandria metal mire lustre molding. Great stuff Chris.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:46 PM   #868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
While waiting out this time at home, I decided to ‘fix’ what I consider a short coming in the 5TA, specifically the storage cubby’s beside the bed. Some like them, I did not, found they were to far forward and useless for clock and other night time accessories. At one time I had added a small shelf on to the back side of the corner unit, this helped, good for clock, etc.
So for Version 2, I completely removed the corner piece, made a cardboard mock-up of what I wanted, after a few tweaks, proceeded to make the finished version, one for each side. Hopefully test it out soon.
Very nice mod Chris.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:51 PM   #869

I would have surmised that wall was structural ....surprise to me.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:00 PM   #870

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Looks great, Chris!

I have always disliked the cubbies, just way to awkward to use, and have plans to rebuild. I just need to find the time. Maybe next year.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-09-2020, 08:00 PM   #871

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I dislike the plastic bin too, talk about noisy trying to dig out the clock in the middle of the night.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:11 PM   #872

Trailer: 2013 - 19
Very Nice!
Old 06-09-2020, 09:25 PM   #873

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Are most people packing it in for this year? Are you guys planning any trips this Summer? Or just resetting for the next year?
I've made 2 trips in my new trailer since getting it in April. One for 3 nights and one for 4. But I've yet to try boondocking. Will probably make at least 2 more trips this summer for about 10 days each. Going to the mountains and hope to test my solar panels and batteries. Have learned a lot but have a long way to go.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:35 PM   #874

Trailer: Escape 2017 19
New cushion covers and pillows

Today we received our new cushions and pillows replacing our standard Escape brown covers which were getting dirty and needed more style.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  
Old 06-09-2020, 11:43 PM   #875

Quote:
I would have surmised that wall was structural ....surprise to me.
I did check with ETI, they are not structural, just wood panels, 1 x 1s and trim.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:45 PM   #876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Looks great, Chris!

I have always disliked the cubbies, just way to awkward to use, and have plans to rebuild. I just need to find the time. Maybe next year.
I may add a USB socket to them, always trying to improve things.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:48 PM   #877

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I dislike the plastic bin too, talk about noisy trying to dig out the clock in the middle of the night.
Been there
Old 06-10-2020, 07:13 AM   #878

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA/2022 Ram Hemi
Did you use corner moulding on some edges and end cap trim in on the other edges?
Old 06-10-2020, 07:53 AM   #879

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I may add a USB socket to them, always trying to improve things.
I would definitely incorporate USB plugs into it. Right now we only have them on one side, and my phone is my clock (as well as my middle of the night entertainment when sleep doesn't happen), and I have to plug a 10' cable into an outlet on Lisa's side.

I have thoughts of making a wee cabinet in the top, but don't imagine there is very much space/volume to do so.

I had also thought about a folding shelf, but I bet it would be down all the time anyway.

I do need to keep room for the guitar which resides on my side of the bed, though right now leaves well over 12" to the corner cubbie holder.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-10-2020, 08:53 AM   #880

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Fantastic Job!

I've always wondered if those cubbies could be removed. Another mystery solved!

My only dislike in our 5.0 is the stupid cubby on my side. The rest of the bed has 10" on each side for throwing my legs, but I wake up when I throw my arm to the side and it hits the cubby framework. I would want to remove the lower portion entirely to throw my arms. I could also add another 10" x 10" x 10" storage cube in the floor, next to the cubby area, where I now throw dirty clothes and move the dirty clothes area to the area where the cubby resided.

Is the cubby area built over the carpet or is the carpet missing?

If I removed the cubby area and below would there be enough paneling to cover the silver insulation?

If not, I would think matching oak paneling would be easy to find.

OTOH, Terry uses her cubby area and I'd be in deep trouble if I changed hers!

Food for thought.

Perry