What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 47 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2020, 11:23 AM   #921

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Today; we had the wheel bearings repacked and the brakes adjusted on our Escape 21 at the local garage
Bill came to $86 & change ,
Worth the money if for nothing more than peace of mind .
Steve would definitely pay for the trailer bearings repacked if that is all we had to pay . They want about 400. here so I need to do it and it is on my list . Have everything I need just need to get it done . Very hot right now so rather go swimming . So it’s nagging me ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:52 AM   #922

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
can I see a photo detail of how you did the castors?

doesn't seem like I need a guide on the left(street) side, as there's already the bed center supports acting as one.
They're more little wheels than castors as they don't swivel. Right at the rear of the crate, makes sliding the unit out much easier. I put the 3/4"x3/4" guides down both sides and the cross block stop at the end. It "parks" itself in the right location.

The top of the black tank sure makes a good storage location for t.p. and paper towels. These days it's always nice to have a good supply on hand.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0028_resize.JPG   IMGP0029_resize.JPG  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #923

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Steve would definitely pay for the trailer bearings repacked if that is all we had to pay . They want about 400. here so I need to do it and it is on my list . Have everything I need just need to get it done . Very hot right now so rather go swimming . So it’s nagging me ! Pat
To be fair , we live in a small rural town and the local garage has maybe 4 mechanics
They service boat and travel trailer axles as fill in work so if they’re slow they will do it now but if they’re busy you might wait 3 week . They put you on the list and when they have an opening they call . Right now with Covid I only had to wait 4 days .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:35 PM   #924
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
They're more little wheels than castors as they don't swivel. Right at the rear of the crate, makes sliding the unit out much easier. I put the 3/4"x3/4" guides down both sides and the cross block stop at the end. It "parks" itself in the right location.
ah. the 3 x 6gal crates go all the way to the black tank and just clear the plumbing on the inside of the door, so no end stop needed. The 4 13"x13" crates are 52" long overall, while the 3 19x13 are 57" long.

hmm, having trouble finding any sort of rollers that aren't over 1" tall. I did see some rollers that are meant to be counter-sunk into the bottom of a sliding door or whatever.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:43 PM   #925

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
To be fair , we live in a small rural town and the local garage has maybe 4 mechanics
They service boat and travel trailer axles as fill in work so if they’re slow they will do it now but if they’re busy you might wait 3 week . They put you on the list and when they have an opening they call . Right now with Covid I only had to wait 4 days .
I wouldn’t mine waiting Steve for that price ! Pat
Old 07-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #926

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Replaced the another LED light fixture today , the one above the kitchen counter . I think that makes #5 so far . Time to order some more.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:28 AM   #927

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Please allow me to paraphrase a John F. Kennedy:

“Ask not what you can do for your Escape, ask what your Escape for you.”

Unfortunately for me, other than sitting there and looking pretty not very much in these COVID-19 affected times. I have no mods at the current time I wish to accomplish. I am, however, close to being finished with pressure washing the 3-sided carport in which it resides when not in use.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:25 AM   #928

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Our best friends are in Tampa and FL is not looking good on COVID like AZ. Stay safe, as the other stuff will wait.
Out West it is possible to find some safe camping if one is careful, but I’d think much tougher back East.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #929

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
ah. the 3 x 6gal crates go all the way to the black tank and just clear the plumbing on the inside of the door, so no end stop needed. The 4 13"x13" crates are 52" long overall, while the 3 19x13 are 57" long.
Which size did you get John?
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #930

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
Installed a Caframo Bora Marine fan [https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...ie=UTF8&psc=1] in the front end. I sleep at that end and like the feel of a gentle breeze. Simple and easy install, since we had ETI leave an electric drop in the cabinet. We had one in our previous Escape too. This particular fan [recommended by others on the Forum over the years] has very low noise and circulates inside air very well. And the low power use is an extra bonus.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1322.jpg  

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:29 PM   #931

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksitte View Post
Installed a Caframo Bora Marine fan [https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...ie=UTF8&psc=1] in the front end. I sleep at that end and like the feel of a gentle breeze. Simple and easy install, since we had ETI leave an electric drop in the cabinet. We had one in our previous Escape too. This particular fan [recommended by others on the Forum over the years] has very low noise and circulates inside air very well. And the low power use is an extra bonus.
Don't you have the MaxxFan also?
Old 07-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksitte View Post
We also have the same and mounted in the same area . Great little fan . We have it now a couple years . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
BECD4D36-3A8C-4080-8515-52F9F6E461E1.jpg  
Old 07-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #933

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Don't you have the MaxxFan also?
Yup, sure do. But as others have pointed out, this directed fan is terrific. And it actually draws less current than the MaxxFan.

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:19 PM   #934

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
The top of the black tank sure makes a good storage location for t.p. and paper towels. These days it's always nice to have a good supply on hand. Ron

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:32 PM   #935
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
Which size did you get John?
I got the 6 gallon/24 quart 13x19 crates, 3 of them tiewrapped into a row, as shown a few days ago on this thread.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:15 PM   #936

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
Our First "What did we do for our Escape Today" post

This isn't really the first thing we've done, but the first really notable thing. We moved our batteries from the front storage box to inside the front bench box. Phewf! Now we have more space in the front storage box, and the batteries inside where they're a little less susceptible to a walk-about.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1197.jpg  
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:53 PM   #937

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Ahhh....a photo-grapher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Wherever you mount a mirror, take into consideration where the light is and how it will fall upon the face.

Ahhh....a photo-grapher

Always looking at & for the light.

Bravo, maestro.

click!
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:18 PM   #938
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
I've been preparing various "Anderson" connectors to provide an easy battery hook up to 12 volt power based on the needs of the accessory.
From a 30amp connection for my VIAR compressor to 10amp connection for 'trailer lights' when the 7pin is disconnected from my truck.
My son-in-law and I verified that each is working properly as our 2 families prepare for a maiden voyage with their new (to them) pop-up camper.
Anticipating an excursion in central Vancouver Island mid-August with 2 grandparents, 2 parents and 2 grandsons under the age of 6.
Should be fun...or a disaster to be remembered.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:21 AM   #939

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukwilma View Post
This isn't really the first thing we've done, but the first really notable thing. We moved our batteries from the front storage box to inside the front bench box. Phewf! Now we have more space in the front storage box, and the batteries inside where they're a little less susceptible to a walk-about.
For safety, if the batteries are inside, they should be in a sealed battery box vented to the outside. Batteries can give off toxic fumes if they are overcharged or the water gets too low. Escape models without the outside storage box come from the factory with sealed, vented battery boxes.

Edit: It is hard to tell from the photo, but if those are Lithium Ion batteries, disregard my comments.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:12 AM   #940

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
For safety, if the batteries are inside, they should be in a sealed battery box vented to the outside. Batteries can give off toxic fumes if they are overcharged or the water gets too low. Escape models without the outside storage box come from the factory with sealed, vented battery boxes.

Edit: It is hard to tell from the photo, but if those are Lithium Ion batteries, disregard my comments.
Yes - I didn't say it, but those are the Battleborn LiFePO. And that's part of my concerns about the "walk-about." They're the most expensive accessory we've got!
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote