What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 54 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #1061

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Made up a couple of boxes for under the bed of the 19. Made to be removable so we can pack them inside and take them out to the trailer.
Doug: Nice work on the boxes. Do you have some sort of catch to keep them sliding forward under a hard stop?
Old 09-13-2020, 09:41 AM   #1062

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Please send some of that rain California way.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:45 AM   #1063

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Bought a 17 in Blackstone for the trailer but using it everyday and absolutely love it ! The barbecue just sits there . Pat
Since buying our Blackstone, we have not used anything else for past 3 years.....
Old 09-13-2020, 09:46 AM   #1064

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
When I started this thread 6 years ago, I never realized the ingenuity that was being utilized within our little campers............some great ideas.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:31 AM   #1065

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
I can't believe this thread lasted for six years!

Great topic!
Old 09-19-2020, 06:51 PM   #1066

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17B
Fan

Permanently installed the Caframo fan I had been trying out in our 17B. I find it very nice to be able to move air around the sleeping area. It is quieter than our Maxxfan and on low only uses .3A so no worries leaving it on all night when on battery power. In this small of a trailer the air can quickly get stuffy and this takes care of that. Plus the white noise helps me sleep.
Attached Thumbnails
930216FC-6BCA-4F6D-987F-7E9444C8278E.jpg  
Old 09-19-2020, 08:39 PM   #1067

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Since buying our Blackstone, we have not used anything else for past 3 years.....
Looks like going to be the same for us Jim . Somehow it got us when we bought the grill home Pat
Old 09-19-2020, 08:45 PM   #1068

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ops View Post
After going out for our maiden voyage a short while ago, we recognized that ETI's mattress, though not uncomfortable, is far less resilient with plywood directly underneath.
With the desire to mitigate mold forming, air flow under the mattress was also a desire.
I cannot recall who or where it was posted, but a forum member recommended IKEA's Lonset - a slatted under mattress bed base.
Finally getting "LONSET" home for our queen size bed in our 21NE, I quickly noted the "rounded corners" on the outside/wall side of the platform. THIS was not going to be a straight forward assembly and install.
Measured thrice, cut once (frame and slats) to accommodate the rounded corners, the unit fit exceptionally well (I amazed myself) and with the straight forward assembly of the second part of the "queen" - fit exactly to the millimetre.
The only failing is it limits access through the beds trap door platform...so I installed zip tied crates to travel on aluminium rails with access through the cabinet door. Thanks EGGSCAPE.
Here's a photo of the first half of the modification and after mattress installed (Gad...it's like wrestling a bear)
This was my favorite mod when I owned a 19'. Congrats!!
- Bremerton, WA
Old 09-20-2020, 09:53 AM   #1069

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
My hitch is very heavy and awkward to move. I found the platform on amazon, I had the metal basket, a few clamps from Home Depot. It rolls right under the receiver--all I need to do is lift it into place. For such a simple thing, it makes me very happy.
Attached Thumbnails
hitch roller.jpg  
Old 09-20-2020, 02:36 PM   #1070

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
1Up USA Bike rack

After six years of carrying our two lightweight bikes on a Kuat rack on the back of our Escape 21, we just upgraded to a 1Up USA Superduty 2-bike rack so that we can carry my three-year-old e-bike and the one my wife will eventually buy.

The Superduty will handle two bikes up to 75 pounds each, and is one of only two racks recommended for use with an RV. One of its best features is that the rack's arms touch only the bikes' tires, so no paint loss is likely to occur.

How's it going for those of you who already have 1Up racks?
Old 09-20-2020, 02:55 PM   #1071

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchlight View Post
After six years of carrying our two lightweight bikes on a Kuat rack on the back of our Escape 21, we just upgraded to a 1Up USA Superduty 2-bike rack so that we can carry my three-year-old e-bike and the one my wife will eventually buy.

The Superduty will handle two bikes up to 75 pounds each, and is one of only two racks recommended for use with an RV. One of its best features is that the rack's arms touch only the bikes' tires, so no paint loss is likely to occur.

Isn't the rear hitch only good for a total of 150 lbs and that has to include the rack. (I think you can still do it unless you have really heavy ebikes.)
Old 09-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #1072

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
I did the math in advance and our second ebike will be chosen so that the two bikes and the rack don't total more than 150#. It's helpful that removing the batteries from both bikes during transit will save 12 pounds.
Old 09-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchlight View Post

I bought the Super Duty 4 years ago when I had my E19, still going strong on my 5.0. I bought the fat tire kit and replaced the rear arm on the 1-UP with the wide fat tire arm so I could accommodate my fender / rear rack. The rear arm fits snug against the stays of the rack just above the fender. For security, I have little mini bungees around the stays. Traveled that way all across the country with no issues. I also travel with the battery removed. See picture.
Attached Thumbnails
A442E4B0-BB62-47BC-B7E1-FC8FA43DA51Fa.jpg  
- Bremerton, WA
Old 09-20-2020, 06:43 PM   #1074

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynfrfun View Post
Permanently installed the Caframo fan I had been trying out in our 17B. I find it very nice to be able to move air around the sleeping area. It is quieter than our Maxxfan and on low only uses .3A so no worries leaving it on all night when on battery power. In this small of a trailer the air can quickly get stuffy and this takes care of that. Plus the white noise helps me sleep.
I'm now using the suction cups for both my fans but like the way you mounted yours and may do the same.

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 09-20-2020, 08:05 PM   #1075

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
I'm now using the suction cups for both my fans but like the way you mounted yours and may do the same.
Thanks! I would have preferred to hang it upside down under the cabinets but felt the thin wood would not have held up to the stresses of travel long term. The little shelf was either installed by ETI or a previous owner so made for a convenient mount.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:22 PM   #1076

Trailer: 19 Escape, arrived March 2021
I didn't "do" anything for my Escape. . . it's in the the production cue for delivery next May . . . but I DID sell my Casita today to the first person I showed it to.

Really a serendipitous encounter. On Thursday I was riding my bike at a local lake and was passed by a truck pulling a Scamp. When I got to the campgrounds, I saw him setting up so I just stopped to chat. I mentioned that I had ordered an Escape and would be selling my Casita. He was interested. We exchanged phone numbers.

Today (Sunday) on the way home from the lake, he stopped and bought my Casita (gave me a cash deposit). He told me that after we talked briefly at the lake, he mentioned his interest in my trailer to his camping companions, and three different people asked to buy his Scamp!

We have one more trip planned in the Casita in mid-October. He'll pick up the trailer after our trip. It was too easy . . . perfect for us. We'll use it as planned, then turn it over to him before I have to winterize and store the trailer for the winter.

The demand for these things is weird.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:00 AM   #1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderworks View Post
I didn't "do" anything for my Escape. . . it's in the the production cue for delivery next May . . . but I DID sell my Casita today to the first person I showed it to.

Really a serendipitous encounter. On Thursday I was riding my bike at a local lake and was passed by a truck pulling a Scamp. When I got to the campgrounds, I saw him setting up so I just stopped to chat. I mentioned that I had ordered an Escape and would be selling my Casita. He was interested. We exchanged phone numbers.

Today (Sunday) on the way home from the lake, he stopped and bought my Casita (gave me a cash deposit). He told me that after we talked briefly at the lake, he mentioned his interest in my trailer to his camping companions, and three different people asked to buy his Scamp!

We have one more trip planned in the Casita in mid-October. He'll pick up the trailer after our trip. It was too easy . . . perfect for us. We'll use it as planned, then turn it over to him before I have to winterize and store the trailer for the winter.

Congratulations! I hope the camping withdrawals from Oct. to May aren’t too bad.

Next season should be fantastic!
- Bremerton, WA
Old 09-21-2020, 12:32 AM   #1078
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
What did I do to my Escape today? I'm SLEEPING IN IT. does that count?

heh. a few months ago, wife decided we'd tear the master bedroom apart and do some remodeling. well, that project has been stalled, and I'm still sleeping in the trailer. she's falling asleep on the family room sofa in front of the TV, something I absolutely can not do. so the Escape, parked in our driveway, has been my 'man cave'. sitting at the dinette right now on my laptop, typing this post.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:23 AM   #1079

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderworks View Post

I sold my Casita recently and was stunned by the response to my listing. Sold the trailer for what I paid for it a few years ago. If I had a dozen more they still wouldn't have lasted beyond the first day.

As to what I'm doing for my Escape, My completion date is still about 6 weeks away and I've been working on installing bed rails and electrical connection in my truck.
New fifth wheel hitches seem to be in short supply right now. I was able to find a decent one on Craigslist. I've got it cleaned and reconditioned and ready to reassemble now.

Only 6 more weeks till completion. It's starting to get exciting.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:59 PM   #1080

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Doug: Nice work on the boxes. Do you have some sort of catch to keep them sliding forward under a hard stop?
I haven't put in a stop, I assumed and force will be against the hinged side, unlikely to open.