What is your Escape getting for Christmas? - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-22-2016, 05:18 PM   #101

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Lug Nut, there's a 2015 21 in Tallahassee according to the owners map.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:53 PM   #102

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
.... Jim, are you officially starting the rumor that ETI will post pictures of the new 5.0TA tomorrow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Tomorrow never comes.

Just sayin' it will look the same no matter when photos are released. I just don't think it is my place to do it.

It does look great, like I said the difference to the past model is similar to the changes in the other 3 models. The mould makers did a really good job with the transition of the loft to the trailer, I think that seems to have a bit cleaner lines.

It is safe to say, that I am now finally getting excited about getting my trailer. Heck, it has only been a 1 1/2 year wait so far.

I was just joking but it looks like tomorrow came, and it came right after yesterday. Who'd of thunk it.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:01 PM   #103

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
I was just joking but it looks like tomorrow came, and it came right after yesterday. Who'd of thunk it.
I did.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:41 AM   #104

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Mileage getting better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I don't think much of it is winter gas; even 10% alcohol versus 0% alcohol typically makes only a 3% or so difference in fuel consumption... there is less energy in the mix with alcohol, but not much, and the engine usually runs a bit more efficiently with it. Bob, I think you're on the right track with winter operating conditions being the problem.
Bob and Brian,

Hard to find my way around this thread, between the bickering and bad wifi.

We now have about 1,200 miles on our trip south and the average mpg has risen to 15.0. The weather has warmed quite a bit as we are now on the GA/FL border. Running the heater probably has had a negative effect on the earlier average. We have a 2004 Prius, which has about 10% drop in mpg during the winter in MA.

Thank you both for your comments,

David
D&R_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:44 AM   #105

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
My Escape is still in the in the incubator but it will be getting fabric and samples for Christmas. Here are my top picks!

Floral for cushions, large gray for floor, small gray for counters, solids are in competition for the valances and pillows. Comments welcome!

Here's a tip I use in my artwork when choosing colors, fabrics or materials : Lay them out together preferably in the size proportion they will be used, in natural light, and take a picture. Our perception is much different viewing a picture than seeing it live. Helps to see if anything jumps out or jangles the nerves!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:53 AM   #106

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Very nice combination Sarah!!
I know which one I would pick for the valances....: with the almost white walls, I would go with the lighter coloured one. And for the pillows I would go with light AND dark. Just some throw pillows of each.
You sure have good taste!!
Old 12-23-2016, 10:23 AM   #107

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Little Elsie isn't getting anything special for Christmas. Last week she got a bath and and wax. Actually, she is somewhat spoiled; she gets presents throughout the year. For example, she got a Springfield pedestal and an inside switch for the electric element in the water heater a couple of months ago. She also got an automatic light and door retainer on her second step leading to the loft. A few weeks earlier she got an LED indicator near her porch light switch. Earlier in the year she got a quilt for her mattress.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0365.jpg  
Old 12-23-2016, 10:35 AM   #108

Thanks Marry! I agree about the valance fabric. I'm still looking for other options for that as well. C&G in Fl...love the quilt! I'm a quilter too! And knitter, and weaver, and make figures in cloth and clay. I'm sure glad there is lots of storage in these babies!

Old 12-23-2016, 10:39 AM   #109

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Mine may get a quilt, too- I had a throw I used to use in the Campster which was made of a heavy-weight fabric with thick berber backing, and I can't find a new, larger one. So I want to make something that can go on the bed and hold up to dogs snoozing there (as well as jumping around and barking out the windows) so am thinking about a quilt from a heavier fabric, maybe denim. I have some nice floral denim I've been keeping for years and could alternate that with plain old blue, maybe even out of old jeans.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Mine may get a quilt, too... I have some nice floral denim I've been keeping for years and could alternate that with plain old blue, maybe even out of old jeans.
That sounds great! Maybe backed in flannel or polar fleece. Cozy! Be sure to post photos!
Old 12-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisababe View Post
That sounds great! Maybe backed in flannel or polar fleece. Cozy! Be sure to post photos!
I want to back it in something like that so it will stay put on the bed and not slip off. (I don't want to have to tuck it in.) I will post pictures if I ever get it done (I've got about four quilting projects just sitting at the moment.)
Old 12-23-2016, 12:00 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
I want to back it in something like that so it will stay put on the bed and not slip off. (I don't want to have to tuck it in.) I will post pictures if I ever get it done (I've got about four quilting projects just sitting at the moment.)
Only four[emoji1]

Old 12-23-2016, 12:04 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisababe View Post
Only four[emoji1]

Yeah, I'm not primarily a quilter, so only four. And only a couple of boxes of fabric.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:20 PM   #114

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Love your fabrics and color choices Sarah!
Also love Little Elsie's quilt!
Nrgtic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:36 PM   #115

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Our Escape is lucky and gets to celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah
It isn't going to be hatched until August, but "Hotel California" got it's fabrics for its cushions, (the solid color "mineral" ultra leather) valances, (a coordinating nubby sunbrella fabric) and a duvet cover and throw pillows (the print fabric and darker blue fabric.)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0083.jpg  
Nrgtic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #116

Love those colors Nrgtic4! That blue will look great with the honey colored oak.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #117

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
My brother gave Toto a 'retrofit' King TV antenna for my (December) birthday. So I will complete the 'gift' by rigging up a mast for the rear bumper and signal meter as others have done -- if we ever get a dry day again. Happy holidays to you all!
Old 12-23-2016, 03:21 PM   #118

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Jim, I think you're being extremely respectful to ETIs business. When I know something in advance of public knowledge... whether personal or business, I always say "it's NOT my story to tell." Thank you for being you.
Well said,
I still wish there was a like button on this forum!!!
grape_escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 12:15 PM   #119

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Little Elsie isn't getting anything special for Christmas. Last week she got a bath and and wax. Actually, she is somewhat spoiled; she gets presents throughout the year. For example, she got a Springfield pedestal and an inside switch for the electric element in the water heater a couple of months ago. She also got an automatic light and door retainer on her second step leading to the loft. A few weeks earlier she got an LED indicator near her porch light switch. Earlier in the year she got a quilt for her mattress.
I love the quilt!
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #120

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
I love the quilt!
Thanks! I'd like to take credit but it is my wife's handiwork.

Tags
purchasing equipping