What is your Escape getting for Christmas? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #61

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Tomorrow never comes.

Just sayin' it will look the same no matter when photos are released. I just don't think it is my place to do it.

It does look great, like I said the difference to the past model is similar to the changes in the other 3 models. The mould makers did a really good job with the transition of the loft to the trailer, I think that seems to have a bit cleaner lines.

It is safe to say, that I am now finally getting excited about getting my trailer. Heck, it has only been a 1 1/2 year wait so far.
I've got to turn my build sheet in by January 22nd. When are you scheduled to pick yours up? Sure like to see the new model before I turn my papers in. Might lurk around ETI the day you show up.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:06 PM   #62

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I've got to turn my build sheet in by January 22nd. When are you scheduled to pick yours up? Sure like to see the new model before I turn my papers in. Might lurk around ETI the day you show up.
I would think ETI would put the first one out as a demo model so others can see it for when they order. I'd ask ETI about that. I know I was able to coordinate that with them when they brought out the 2nd Gen 17, 19 and 21. I think I was there within days of each going out on the lot as a demo model.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:11 PM   #63

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I am picking up on Jan 26. I would imagine that photos will be out fairly soon.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:15 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I would think ETI would put the first one out as a demo model so others can see it for when they order.
I believe the first few are for customers, as they have a backlog of those that opted out of the 2016 in favour of the 2017.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-21-2016, 11:46 PM   #65

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
FWIW, my 3.5L EB mpg went from 17-18 non towing drive around town to 14 the last month or two. Don't know how much of that is winter gas or just that the engine takes more juice when it gets cold.
I don't think much of it is winter gas; even 10% alcohol versus 0% alcohol typically makes only a 3% or so difference in fuel consumption... there is less energy in the mix with alcohol, but not much, and the engine usually runs a bit more efficiently with it. Bob, I think you're on the right track with winter operating conditions being the problem.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:19 AM   #66

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
I've noticed with our hybrid Sonata that the engine runs a lot more whenever the heater is on. The engine shuts off a lot when decelerating and going downhill but it still has to keep the water warm to operate the heater so it stays on in winter weather. I have really noticed it coming down the mountain from the Eisenhower Tunnel into Idaho Springs, CO. In warm weather with no heat or A/C on the engine won't turn on at all. It runs almost constantly in very cold winter weather with the heater operating.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:38 AM   #67

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It was really nice of NW Cat to post all those pictures of the new 19 and 21 models, it really helped the other members make some critical decisions. If you have the pictures Jim, why not post them, I can see no harm from an early Xmas present for others.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:48 AM   #68

Trailer: Escape 21' Feb 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Where did you find on of those, they stopped making the TraVaSak
Here is their website:

RVSuperbag.com
Cslcs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:21 AM   #69

Quote:
It was really nice of NW Cat to post all those pictures of the new 19 and 21 models, it really helped the other members make some critical decisions. If you have the pictures Jim, why not post them, I can see no harm from an early Xmas present for others.
I'm not NW Cat. Out of respect for Escape, I will give them the option to reveal things.

Besides, there is absolutely nothing that would make any difference to folks ordering and making decisions. All the features are exactly the same as other models, and besides, there are no "critical decisions" that could be made by looking at photos anyway.

Have patience.....
Old 12-22-2016, 08:28 AM   #70

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I'm not NW Cat. Out of respect for Escape, I will give them the option to reveal things.

Besides, there is absolutely nothing that would make any difference to folks ordering and making decisions. All the features are exactly the same as other models, and besides, there are no "critical decisions" that could be made by looking at photos anyway.

Have patience.....
Hi: Jim Bennett... A lump of coal for your stocking too? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Jim Bennett... A lump of coal for your stocking too? Alf
Yeah, I actually got that one year as a kid. My parents were holding back, but did want to send a message.

I like the suggestion for parents to wrap empty boxes, and whenever a kid misbehaves, throw one on the fire. Yep I's still nasty.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #72

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Nah, J.B. Is right on this issue. Usurping ETI's prerogative to unveil their latest creation, of which I am sure they are very proud, would be like showing pictures of a bride's wedding dress before the wedding. Nobody is more anxious to see the new 5.0, but we shouldn't undermine the friends we're looking to to give us so many good times ahead. Patience, grasshoppers ...
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:42 AM   #73

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Nah, J.B. Is right on this issue. Usurping ETI's prerogative to unveil their latest creation, of which I am sure they are very proud, would be like showing pictures of a bride's wedding dress before the wedding. Nobody is more anxious to see the new 5.0, but we shouldn't undermine the friends we're looking to to give us so many good times ahead. Patience, grasshoppers ...
Hi: Zardoz... Patience... is a virtue... and I'm not virtuous!!! Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:49 AM   #74

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Well I guess there is no point in posting your build photos nor any modifications
photo's for other member's information, that is the whole purpose of this forum to help others not necessarily for ETI benefit. NW Cat's photos helped me in my decision making between models, and making others wait for the factory to post pictures may cause some to go elsewhere and be detrimental to Escape. Unless you were specifically told not to, you have that choice to make Jim, aka as Santa.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:52 AM   #75

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Maybe Rease and Tammy is going to play Santa.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #76

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Well I guess there is no point in posting your build photos nor any modifications
photos for other member's information, that is the whole purpose of this forum to help others not necessarily for ETI benefit. NW Cat's photos helped me in my decision making between models, and making others wait for the factory to post pictures may cause some to go elsewhere and be detrimental to Escape. Unless you were specifically told not to, you have that choice to make Jim, aka as Santa.
Hey, great to know they helped in your decision making! I wasn't aware of that.

Most of the photos I posted were of trailers on the lot as demos. Although a few weren't as they were trailers in progress (like without the insides in place).

I would think that if the first few trailers are going to customers, wouldn't they be in production right now? And wouldn't those owners be getting photos of them from ETI? I guess those owners aren't on this forum - bummer.

I think if folks are waiting for ETI to post them, they're in for a long wait. Yes, they've updated some of the photos on their site, but they still show some 1st Gen photos for the 17A and the 21. Not sure on the 19. And just outside photos of the 17B. Least they finally took off the bathroom photo(s) for the 17A. And I believe those new photos were added long after I posted what I did to this forum.

But, if Jim B doesn't wanna post 'em, nothing any of us can do about it. I just know if I had a 2nd Gen 5.0TA on order, I'd be rather anxious to see photos. Or, if like you say, I was contemplating getting one, I'd really want to see them. And I'd be very confused by ETI's site as there isn't anything on there mentioning it's getting an update in styling/awning/windows/etc. They can't assume everyone will come to this forum. Heck, even for those on the forum for a long time, it's hard to find stuff!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:28 AM   #77

Quote:
photo's for other member's information, that is the whole purpose of this forum to help others not necessarily for ETI benefit.
Your insinuations that I am not here to help others is WAY off base. You might as well block me now, as I do plan on sharing my modifications with what I do, and will continue to help people via forum posting, and through the numerous messages I get looking for advice. It is who I am, I truly enjoy helping others, and just because you don't like how I operate, I am certainly not going to change.

I AM NOT going to be posting photos of the new 5.0 TA, and if you really believe my contributions to this forum are that lacking because of it, well that is your prerogative. Believe it or not, I am a person with integrity, and will act accordingly.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:32 AM   #78
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Jim, I think you're being extremely respectful to ETIs business. When I know something in advance of public knowledge... whether personal or business, I always say "it's NOT my story to tell." Thank you for being you.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:47 AM   #79

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Jim, though I don't know you in person, I do get a good "fibe" of you already!! Just by reading your contributions to this forum.
And yes, there is no fun in opening someone else's present! People should respect the way YOU see best fit!
Merry Christmas Jim! And thank you for all you did and do for everyone else's benefit!
Old 12-22-2016, 10:50 AM   #80
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I don't read it that way Jim, but then again, I wasn't the one who was questioned. Anyone who's been here more than a few days already knows how helpful and knowledgeable you are. Let it slide.

Tags
purchasing equipping