What percentage? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2019, 06:01 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
What percentage?

Hello All,
I ask this question because of the threads I see from people wondering if they should still buy and Escape since Reace and Tammy are no longer there.

How many Escapes do you think are sold to people that have never seen this forum?
I would think the answer is pretty close to zero.

So far all I've seen through this forum from the new ownership is they bought Escape because of the reputation it has so why would they mess that up? I'm impressed that the new ownership is already engaging in the forum and like Tammy and Reace seem very open about their plans, I know in the business world this is not the norm.

Will things change, sure but will any of them be for the worse? I don't think so. If I was starting over and was looking for a new fiberglass RV Escape would still be at the top of my list.
Like one change we see already is a distributor in the US, and I can't see one negative thing to that only positive.

I guess there could be one negative , rallies are going to be even more crowded with Escape's but guess that is only a problem for all the Casita owners. LOL

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:04 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Hello All,
I ask this question because of the threads I see from people wondering if they should still buy and Escape since Reace and Tammy are no longer there.

How many Escapes do you think are sold to people that have never seen this forum?

So far all I've seen through this forum from the new ownership is they bought Escape because of the reputation it has so why would they mess that up? I'm impressed that the new ownership is already engaging in the forum and like Tammy and Reace seem very open about their plans, I know in the business world this is not the norm.

Will things change, sure but will any of them be for the worse? I don't think so. If I was starting over and was looking for a new fiberglass RV Escape would still be at the top of my list.
Like one change we see already is a distributor in the US, and I can't see one negative thing to that only positive.

I guess there could be one negative , rallies are going to be even more crowded with Escape's but guess that is only a problem for all the Casita owners. LOL

Enjoy the journey.

Steve

Spotted the trailer online. Contacted Escape. Visited one in Athens and ordered my Escape from Chil Fil A parking lot in Athens. The person who took trailer order told me about the forum but it was weeks later before I checked it out.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Hello All,

We had used the forum extensively, but the other people in orientation had never heard of it. Among Escape owners we have met (not a huge number) most have heard of it, but the majority don't read it regularly (too busy enjoying their Escape ).
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:42 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
I have talked to many, many RV owners that have never checked any forums. I would guess more like 25%.

I am always amazed when people buy vintage egg trailers, like my Trillium, and have done ZERO research ahead of time on known issues and what to inspect. Then later they will post on a forum that they have leaks (like the windows and belly band) and are totally, completely surprised. When I was looking for a Trillium, I inspected two that were disasters: major floor rot and other issues. Both sold relatively quickly to others.

In the end, most people don't do research on major purchases before they buy. Later if they have issues, they will seek out a forum for answers.
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:35 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I forgot how back when I was looking for a new fiberglass trailer I found out about the Escape. But, it might have been from posts on the Fiberglass Forum where I was a long time regular. I compared, I inspected, I compromised, I checked my wallet, but --when she who must be obeyed gave me the ok, --the rest became history.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:05 AM   #6

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
I only found out about fiberglass trailers in 2014-2015 because I read this person's blog:

https://livingstingy.blogspot.com/20...on-budget.html

(Very interesting and entertaining blog writer BTW). He sold his Casita and became an Escape owner this summer.

https://livingstingy.blogspot.com/20...-of-doing.html

We looked at a local Casita and the only Escape in Nebraska at the time, a 19 footer. We gave ETI a down payment on a 19 but then changed our mind about a week later to a 21 (sight unseen) based on reading this forum.

Very grateful to all who participate here because there is a wealth of freely given information to be had. Still love the trailer and are heading out this weekend!

Go Big Red!
Old 08-23-2019, 11:04 AM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
I found out about Escape while researching trailers on-line. I then found this forum and read quite a bit to get an idea about them. Escape provided a contact in Minneapolis and I went and saw the trailer. Made my final decision on the spot to order the trailer. For repairs and general knowledge, I've followed R-Pod forum and this one. Both have been invaluable.
lostskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:17 AM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I was on FiberglassRV forum and heard of Escapes and eventually found the forum. Got on Fiberglass RV when I started looking for Burro trailers (right after they went out of business) as those were the ones I had previously seen for sale.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:24 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
I spent about 20 years wanting an airstream, and spent a lot of time over those years on the Air Forums. But after reading thread after thread after thread about shoddy workmanship on the newer models, and leaks and rot on older ones, I switched to fiberglass.

The only fiberglass I was familiar with were Casitas and Scamps, but I happened upon fiberglass rv forum, and found out that there were many other options available.

The more I read about Escapes and ETI, the more I became convinced that was the right way to go. And we have not been disappointed with that decision. We initially ordered a 17B, but right before our build date approached, decided that the 19 would work better for us. And we have not been disappointed with that decision either.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #10

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
We had a 1999 small stick and tin fifth wheel that gave us 15 years of good service before repeated roof leaks finally did it in. We were despairing of finding another half ton towable fifth wheel - the US RV companies quit making them many years ago. Early last year my wife came across Escape online. We knew nothing about fiberglass trailers but it looked like exactly what we were looking for. Months of reading the forum extensively convinced us that it was a terrific rig and ETI was a great company. We ordered our 5.0TA last summer, it was built in December, and we picked it up this April.

The quality has exceeded our expectations, and the few minor issues that came up were quickly resolved by ETI, we are very happy with our trailer. Throughout the process, from first contact to orientation and pickup, everyone we dealt with at ETI was wonderful. Those people are still there, the company is much bigger than any one person and the culture of excellence that Reace and Tammy created is a pretty great legacy to carry on.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:39 PM   #11

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
I always saw a demo model on the highway near Chilliwack. One day I stopped, wrote down the brand name, looked them up, went to their old shop and bought one that was on order.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote