Where best to place a Mirror in new E21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2019, 10:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21 Build due for May Completion - towed by 2018 F150 S/Crew 3.5L EcoBoost XLT/FX4 6.5 Box
Where best to place a Mirror in new E21

My wife and I have searched high and low on the website to try and find how folks have gone about adding a mirror to an E21 but cannot find any information. We are assuming we could mount one in the panel recess on the outside of the the wardrobe door but would welcome any feedback as to what E21 owners have done. A friend of mine has a very nice "Northern Lite" truck camper and they come with them on the fridge door.
AnglingMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Wherever you decide to place the mirror, keep in mind that you need light to illuminate the face of the person looking into the mirror, or it's pretty much useless.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:07 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
We added a mirror to the door of what would have been the microwave cabinet. However the door was slightly modified by ETI during the build.

I took the door to a glass supplier and they cut the mirror to size and installed the mirror too.

If you are going to the Rally, will be there and happy to show you, if you’d like.
Attached Thumbnails
1400221D-49A6-4FA1-A8F7-0E0EC7CD5F3Ea.jpg  
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:48 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, pulled by 2018 F150 EcoBoost
Our first modification to our 21 was the addition of a shatterproof acrylic mirror to the bathroom door. We purchased a 12x48 rectangle mirror to give us a full length mirror. Acrylic is very light weight and will not break. You must fasten securely on a flat surface. Acrylic mirrors will bend and distort the image. I used ten clips on the mirror. Four on each side and one on the top and bottom.
pstyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 21 Build due for May Completion - towed by 2018 F150 S/Crew 3.5L EcoBoost XLT/FX4 6.5 Box
Thanks, we are so hope to see how other folks have done things. Fingers crossed our collection goes smoothly.
AnglingMad is offline   Reply With Quote