Where does everyone keep their clothes? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2020, 01:39 PM   #21

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
In my 5.0TA, all of mine is folded and on the two optional shelves we had installed in the wardrobe closet. My wife gets all the cabinets in the sleeping loft. It, too, is all folded, but hung.
I thought I was generous with space for Colleen, but I do have the two in the loft on my side of the bed. Besides that we have the wardrobe for jackets and any other hanging clothes (we keep our hamper there as well.

We keep shoes etc under the steps. We used to keep rain gear & boots, extra jackets, swim suits, long underwear etc in totes under the stairs as well(5.0 TA), but now we've added two large flat totes to under rear seat of our F150 crew cab for those seldom used items.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
The wife and I each have a drawer in the stack which we fill with what each wants there. We each have a shelf installed in the closet above the drawer stack for all the items which we don't put into the drawers. We pack loose items on the shelves in color coded zippered bags that keep that space organized. Behind the bags for each, go pants and shirts folded. We carry a tub with a tight lid in the truck bed for bulky things like jackets, hats, gloves, hiking gear and clothes we want to have but we won't use often. Shoes and boots go under the bed. We bring unough of underwear, t-shirts, sweat shirts so we never have to do wash more frequently than once every 2 weeks. We do not bring any clothing that needs to be stored hanging.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #23

I can't speak to a 21' but having owned both a 19' and now a 5.0, we keep most of our clothes in the overhead cabinets above the bed. There is a his and hers side. We use bins that we got from Lowes so we can take them out and segregate by type. (Shirts, pants, underthings) I also use packing cubes. My wife does not. Our shoes are kept in the bottom step by the door. (On the 19, a plastic bin that slid under the bench seat by the door.) The 5.0 has a wardrobe so that is where our coats and hats go. Dirty clothes go in vacuum bags, so we can squeeze out the air and save some space. Towels and extra bedding in the cabinets above the dinette. Dish towels in the top most cabinet opposite the sink.

I'm sure there are as many variations as there are Escape owners. So you will likely end up with your own unique arrangement.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #24

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
We have a clothes bar in the back seat of our crew cab. Most hanging stuff will go in there, maybe some foldable stuff too.

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:19 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Even on longer multi month trips we don't take a whole lot of clothes, and wear them a fair bit before laundering which is usually every 1-2 weeks.

We each have one side of the cabinets in the loft for our clothes, along with the wardrobe which is mostly Lisa's. Not really any other clothes as this much space works great for us.

In our 19 we did the same, each taking the upper on the sides of the trailer and using the wardrobe.

We very much prefer hanging stuff in the wardrobe as opposed to using shelves like some do. It is packed tight in there especially with jackets, and we much prefer the access from hangers. For those with a 5.0TA and the shallower depth wardrobe, using princess hangers, which are a bit narrower than normal ones, works great. Normal hangers only fit at a bit of an angle.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:44 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
For those with a 5.0TA and the shallower depth wardrobe, using princess hangers, which are a bit narrower than normal ones, works great. Normal hangers only fit at a bit of an angle.
Great suggestion Jim. I have found the issue annoying with our hangers.

I did a "princess hanger" search on Amazon, came up with quite a few, from baby clothes to kids clothes and different shapes etc. Could you elaborate more on your specific "princess hangers". Thanks
Old 06-19-2020, 05:45 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
As a side note, when we're camping for a while in one location, we'll typically ask where the laundry is, and also, when is it most and least busy. Different locations have their own busy times.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post

I did a "princess hanger" search on Amazon, came up with quite a few, from baby clothes to kids clothes and different shapes etc. Could you elaborate more on your specific "princess hangers". Thanks
The ones we use are from Ikea. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bagis-c...lors-00466598/

I like that they are also narrow.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post

We got ours off of wayfair.ca. Lisa said she thinks they called them petite size hangers there. They are a good quality wood hanger. I like tough hangers as I often hang a few collared shirts on them to save space.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-20-2020, 05:31 AM   #30

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
After finding our hangers on the floor we found Sta-Put hangers. I do recall needing to change the rack down to a smaller diameter.

https://www.amazon.com/Tri-Lynx-1200.../dp/B000NJ97C0
Old 06-20-2020, 06:22 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
After finding our hangers on the floor we found Sta-Put hangers. I do recall needing to change the rack down to a smaller diameter.

https://www.amazon.com/Tri-Lynx-1200.../dp/B000NJ97C0
That is strange, as we have never had that happen, even on rough roads.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:36 AM   #32

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
And I rarely do rough roads, potholes is another matter.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:34 AM   #33

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Hangers? When we are traveling, I wear jeans and T-shirts exclusively. I don’t even wear short pants because I do not want skin cancers on my legs; I’ve had enough cut off my face and forearms. So my choice of clothing lends itself to folding. As I sad in a previous post, though it was auto-corrected to “but” and I failed to catch it until after it could be edited, all my clothing is folded, “not” hung. While not terribly heavy, hangers contribute to weight and do take up a small amount space. And if I were to use hangers, I am sure that at some point Mr. Murphy would butt in and I would find I did not have enough of them or he would break one of them, etc., so for us folding clothes is easier and it requires less logistics.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:16 AM   #34

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
We use large tubs under the bed in our 19. They are about 11" high, 17" wide and 24" long. We have 4 of these tubs. Gary has 1 box I have another. The further back tubs contain laundry detergent, toilet paper, toilet chemical. The last further back box contains an entire box of first aid gear.

Our closet is a pantry. Above the bed is towels, a second pair of sheets, down comforter, a heavy duvet cover, light weight blanket, a bed throw, our heavy duty motorcycle rain jackets. On the passenger side we have paper plates and light weight but crushable snacks. Under the passenger side dinette we have shoes, boxes of wine, dried cat food, hiking water packs, bicycle helmets. Under the driver's side dinette we have 60+ cans of cat food, spagetti sauce in glass jars, other heavy wet type items in glass jars. These glass jars are packed in a sock to prevent breakage.

We head to Mexico for 4+ months and the weather between the mountains and the coast are the difference between summer and winter. Summers can find us somewhere between the PacNW and over 7000 ft elev in the desert SW. Our boxes of clothes reflect these different environments, we tend to be on the road a minimum of 4 weeks at a time.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:53 AM   #35

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
My husband built a slide in /out rack for the back of the truck which has a topper. Clothes hang there. Easy to get to, easy from closet to truck and there is enough room that I can just throw clothes in without too much thought.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:23 PM   #36

Trailer: Escape19 2016
I put a smaller bed in my 19 so I have space to store clothes along the side, in custom-built wood boxes. I put my laundry in a cushion cover (pulled out the inside cushion that came with it). So it looks like there's a nice pillow on my bed but it's full of dirty clothes : )
Barb Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:25 PM   #37

Trailer: Escape19 2016
PS - I keep hiking clothes, boots etc in the trunk of my car
More advice - if you are going to be camping for a while in damp weather, take the door off the storage space under the dinette bench to prevent mold
Barb Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:41 PM   #38

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
We plan on using the back seat of our crew cab (has a clothes bar in there now) for hanging clothes. Could also plastic bin folded stuff. Have done a lot of that travelling.

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:05 PM   #39
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
In our 21 wifey has her own drawer as she's a bit short at reaching the bins over the bed.
Attached Thumbnails
36 incha.jpg  

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #40

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We each carry a week’s worth of clothes, packed in zippered storage cubes, in the overhead storage of the dinette. Easier to reach than over the bed, and we each take a side. We put larger clothing items (jackets, vests, jeans) in the overhead over the back window. We have a slide out shelf under the bed with bins-one for shoes, one for any seasonal or specialty things like river shoes or waders, and another for misc. We are currently installing a door under the bed next to the bath to slide a mesh laundry basket in which has been u dear the dinette. Suction cup hooks from Ikea are in the bathroom for wet jackets, etc.
I keep personal toiletries in the overhead bin closest to the foot of the bed. We rarely use the other bins over the bed/window. We also take clothes that can layer easily in spring/fall and lightweight/dry fit items that roll up really small.
Treblemaker is online now   Reply With Quote