Why the new screen doors on 17/19. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2016, 06:17 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Having had both type Escape screen doors, I can state that the newer style is sturdier, more versatile, and should last a lot longer than the roll type. In addition it is easy to fix or repair if need be. There are a lot of accessories available for these type doors, dog guards, easy grab bars, even a storm door kit to allow use in the winter. BTW, Escape went the extra mile and got the clear sliding panel which is $$ plus a nifty catch that allows release and locking without opening. I'm very pleased with its functionality.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
There were a few advantages to the Seiki sliding doors, and a few drawbacks too. When not needing it, which was about half the time for us, it was nicely out of the way. It was a bit finicky, and though easily adjusted, I did seem to do it a few times a year, mostly to keep it opening fully all the time. I was a great option given that the curve of the door would not easily allow a swing type screen door.

That said, I very much look forward to using the new one in the 2017 models. I have heard lots of good things about it.

Either way, not going to fuss about it, it is what it is, and I can live with that and enjoy going camping.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:57 AM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Rob and Linda had a 17' Casita. It has a flat entry door and all 17' have screen doors. It's the 16' and 13' Casitas that have the aircraft door (ala Scamp) and have never had screen doors or a manufacturers option for one.
Didn't know about different models on Casita I was only looking at the Scamp because I could get the wood interior . Couldn't convince Linda because it was too small . So here we are . As for the screen door , I bought a wooden baby gate at a garage sale , cut it in half , hinged it ,so it folds up ,if needed to keep our pups away from screen . Found it's important to keep track clean with a occasional wipe . One of the items on trailer we love . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:16 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I've had both types of screen doors, and I'll add to the love the slider screen door camp. All of them have their "kinks," but the slider/retracting screen door is the best one I've personally had on any of my RV's.
I much prefer the Aircraft style door as well over the traditional RV door that is now being used. I built a gull-wing car in college that I drove a long time. The Gull wing doors had their issues, but it was mega cool.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote