Will they build a 19’ with a dry bath?? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2019, 02:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Will they build a 19’ with a dry bath??

Just curious. We had a 2007 17B with a dry bath, meaning toilet only, no shower or sink. Do you think they would build us a 19’ without a shower. We only camp at organized campgrounds with full facilities and have never needed a shower. I’m also trying to keep the trailer light and Hope for a cost savings.

I did send an email off over the long weekend, just waiting to hear back, also interested to see what YOU might say.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Just curious. We had a 2007 17B with a dry bath, meaning toilet only, no shower or sink. Do you think they would build us a 19’ without a shower. We only camp at organized campgrounds with full facilities and have never needed a shower. I’m also trying to keep the trailer light and Hope for a cost savings.

I did send an email off over the long weekend, just waiting to hear back, also interested to see what YOU might say.
Deleting the shower and sink will not save you weight or money. Some have requested it before and Escape has done this in the past but I'm still trying to understand why someone would do this.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
There's an old saying: "Just because you have it, doesn't mean you ever have to use it." I'm talking about the shower.

BUT, I do know ETI will delete the bathroom sink, although I don't think you'll receive a 'credit' for doing so.

I don't have a sink in my tiny side-bath Scamp, didn't think I'd want one in Ten Forward. But I've found I actually use it quite a bit.

Good luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 19'
We deleted the sink in our 2017 19, no credit/no extra charge... we seldom use the shower and didn't really find the shower attachment "in the way" either. As mentioned above I'm not sure deleting the shower saves you much weight... since it's just two lines behind the wall plus the shower hose (which you can remove and plugged it if you really dont want it dangling).. now if you are thinking about deleting kitchen sink and removing the gray tank completely, that would be a different story...
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #5

Trailer: 2012 E19
Deleting the shower could reduce the resale value someday......
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:15 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddoster View Post
As mentioned above I'm not sure deleting the shower saves you much weight... since it's just two lines behind the wall plus the shower hose (which you can remove and plugged it if you really dont want it dangling).. now if you are thinking about deleting kitchen sink and removing the gray tank completely, that would be a different story...
At least originally, the non-shower bath wasn't simply the omission of the plumbing; it was a plywood panelled room instead of the moulded fiberglass shell. I agree that just omitting the plumbing wouldn't save much weight; I suspect that it wouldn't save much cost, wouldn't earn a credit, and presumably would significantly reduce resale value.

If the factory is producing trailers with both types of bathroom walls, the non-shower version would presumably be cheaper; however, for this model it would be custom work, and presumably would carry an extra cost.

I agree that associated other equipment is significant. In some other brands and very early Escapes, the water heater was not standard equipment and was part of a shower package.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:29 PM   #7

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
even if you don't use the showers its a nice wet room to store wet towels and dirty stuff i don't shower in my trailer often but can wash off feet etc...
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #8

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
even if you don't use the showers its a nice wet room to store wet towels and dirty stuff i don't shower in my trailer often but can wash off feet etc...

Us too. We’ve even put a small cube heater in the bath with our wet clothes hanging in there on a custom clothesline, open the window for venting moist air, and it’s a decent drying room.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:01 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:

Here a picture of our 19 bathroom.
Sink deleted, toilet roll holder moved to opposite corner, still shower head.
(With the sink and toilet roll holder gone, you gain quite some room.)
Attached Thumbnails
76252DE5-3F9C-4DDE-8A12-0C0C4CBA8024.jpg   6A90180F-937E-4AD4-8859-0C652CD11112.jpg   FD1FD4B6-3C9B-495E-8C46-2B19F2A51F30.jpg  
Old 09-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #10

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Quote:

In 2007 the shower was an option so they were all set up to do a toilet only. To do this now would probably be extra work for them as they would have to board the walls where the shower insert would have been installed. Why not delete the sink and have the shower insert installed with taps on the wall and keep your options open, especially for resale.
Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Deleting the shower could reduce the resale value someday......
When we sold the 17B, no one pointed out there was no shower.

Resale, it seems an Escape owner sets his price when it’s time to sell that’s why I’m considering new.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:57 PM   #12

Ok, just trying to see if I could shave some money off. I figured that fibreglass surround had to have a $500 value at least. I just don’t like paying for something I doubt I would use.

The idea of hanging wet clothes sold me on keeping it.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:08 PM   #13

Trailer: 2012 E19
I agree with barry. Deleting the sink makes sense to me (because the sink is redundant and takes up space), but deleting the shower, not so much.
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
I agree with barry. Deleting the sink makes sense to me (because the sink is redundant and takes up space), but deleting the shower, not so much.

We use the bath sink all the time. Do you wash your hands in the kitchen sink after using the loo? Spit your toothpaste there too? Not saying that’s wrong, just that the bath sink can be handy.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I too would definitely go without a sink. I was going to do that with the 5.0TA, but at the last minute we decided to keep it. It has been used a dozen times in the last near 3 years is all. The kitchen sink works great for hands and even teeth, though I most use a cup of water outside to brush the teeth.

It is just so awkward using that wee tiny corner sink.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I too would definitely go without a sink. I was going to do that with the 5.0TA, but at the last minute we decided to keep it. It has been used a dozen times in the last near 3 years is all. The kitchen sink works great for hands and even teeth, though I most use a cup of water outside to brush the teeth.

It is just so awkward using that wee tiny corner sink.

You also have a bit more counter space in your 5.0 than we do in our 19. This means that our sink cover has to stand in for counter space lots of times. Hard to tell the kids to wash their hands for dinner in that arrangement when dinner prep is covering, or is occupying, the kitchen sink. Not to mention the extra crowding we avoid by sending them in the bath to wash.

If it were just the wife and I perhaps we wouldn’t miss the bath sink. Well, yeah, we still would, because at tooth brushing time the kitchen sink not only has a cover over it, but also the dish drying rack and assorted brushes which we store inside it. Taking that all off/out would be an unneeded hassle just to brush teeth.

In summary, while we could live without it, we like the bath sink.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:54 PM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
You also have a bit more counter space in your 5.0 than we do in our 19. This means that our sink cover has to stand in for counter space lots of times. Hard to tell the kids to wash their hands for dinner in that arrangement when dinner prep is covering, or is occupying, the kitchen sink. Not to mention the extra crowding we avoid by sending them in the bath to wash.

If it were just the wife and I perhaps we wouldn’t miss the bath sink. Well, yeah, we still would, because at tooth brushing time the kitchen sink not only has a cover over it, but also the dish drying rack and assorted brushes which we store inside it. Taking that all off/out would be an unneeded hassle just to brush teeth.

In summary, while we could live without it, we like the bath sink.
I don't bring my kids as they are 43 and younger. If I did not have a bathroom sink, they could easily just use the one outside if the one inside was busy. The sink outside gets almost as much use as the one in the galley, and many, many times more than the bath one.

Folks can easily decide for themselves what would work best for them. Me, I just eat my food with dirty hands.

BTW, do you wanna be the one to tell my wife that she must use the bathroom sink, I won't.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I don't bring my kids as they are 43 and younger. If I did not have a bathroom sink, they could easily just use the one outside if the one inside was busy. The sink outside gets almost as much use as the one in the galley, and many, many times more than the bath one.

Folks can easily decide for themselves what would work best for them. Me, I just eat my food with dirty hands.

BTW, do you wanna be the one to tell my wife that she must use the bathroom sink, I won't.

Pass! [emoji51]
Old 09-04-2019, 09:14 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017 19'
We deleted the bathroom sink figured the kitchen sink is just right outside... also the bathroom is kind of too small to be inside brushing teeth anyway... (and a little cramp to fit the three of us at the same time) we just stand in the hallway and use the kitchen sink for that..

of course that's assuming we are cooking/eating outside and therefore the kitchen counter is mostly clear... otherwise there's some shuffling involved.. but usually we all do it at the same time so only has to shuffle once...
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #20

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i use mt bathroom sink all the time to wash my hands
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote