Winter Travel - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #41

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Suffers of twofootitis are never cured, only in remission awaiting the release of a larger Escape model.
Oh Brian , that may be true for some but I don't think it will be the case for us
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #42

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave macrae View Post
Oh Brian , that may be true for some but I don't think it will be the case for us
Some are just not susceptible to the disease; others just have very long remissions...

Some people go the other way; we are looking to replace a large motorhome with a smaller RV (although not quite as small as our first trailer).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #43

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I just traded 2012 FJ Cruiser which I believe had the bigger motor than the Taco. The FJ handled the Escape 19 fine but you could feel the 21 a lot more and my comfort level was not as high. Definitely need a Andersen set up with the Taco but as others said, the bigger tow will have a bigger safety margin. I went with a Ram with an 8 speed and lower rear end for gas.
We looked at a new Ram truck last Saturday . Most of the trucks had the 3.21 rear end and the 3.92 rearend is the only other option with the 5.7 Ltr Hemi V8 . The dealer recommended the 3.92 for towing and the 3.21 for mileage plus the 3.92 is only a $50 option . We are heading West next fall and are leery of the 3.21 towing in the mountains. How has your Ram towed with the 3.21 rearend and the 8 speed transmission ? I wish they still offered the. 3.55 rearend with the Hemi , which too me was a good compromise of mileage and towing power
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #44

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
This post is sorta about winter travel, so here goes. We may want to travel directly from Chilliwack to Nelson 1/5 after picking up our new 17b. Tug is a RAV4 with Anderson hitch. We have chains for Tug and trailer. Thoughts on the best route?
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #45

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You'd be taking #1 to Hope and then #3 Crowsnest to Nelson.
Potential is always there for a snow storm, freezing rain, etc. but there are electronic signs that alert you to current conditions. You can check Drive BC highway cams for visuals.
Lots of curves and hills, but shortest route.